+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you install mods in Steam EUcomplete?

How do you install mods in Steam EUcomplete?

Some mods say select mods from launching screen etc...I dont see any of that. I think its because im using the Steam version of EU3 complete. How do you install the mods using Steam? In particular I was looking to install some of the map graphic mods for terrain and political etc... thank you.

Looked around for a bit and think I found something for you. In your installation folder you search for the eu folder and you'll see eu3.exe and eu3game.exe, it's the first one you are looking for.
    To make it easier open your steam, in the top menu choose games > Add a non-steam game to My Games list and browse to eu3.exe there. This will let you choose easily between the game or starting a mod.

I'm pretty sure you could also add suffixes in the launch options but I don't know the syntax for that. And you'd have to change it for every mod each time.

Thanks a lot.. I found the launcher .exe and it lets me select the mods. Now I wish steam would get the 3.1 patch for the game ;-) I was just curious to play the game so I bought it really quick and d/loaded it with Steam. I didnt think I would enjoy it so much though or I would have maybe got the regular version... or I still might if Steam doesnt add the patch/upgraded version any time soon.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Killazer View Post
    Thanks a lot.. I found the launcher .exe and it lets me select the mods. Now I wish steam would get the 3.1 patch for the game ;-) I was just curious to play the game so I bought it really quick and d/loaded it with Steam. I didnt think I would enjoy it so much though or I would have maybe got the regular version... or I still might if Steam doesnt add the patch/upgraded version any time soon.
    You can patch it too

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....php?p=9335563

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Sorry for stealing the thread and going slightly OT, but I can't seem to access the beta patch-thread - the forum insists that I am unqualified, despite me having registered my games and been a member for a couple of months. I also can't access the support forum for some mysterious reason.

I apologize once again and I would be glad if I could be directed to someone "in charge", all the moderators is getting me confused.

Don't get the wrong idea, I really like Steam. Most of my games are on Steam, and it makes it so easy to manage them all. That said, if I plan to mod a game (as I do with every Clausewitz engine title), I go with another download service (such as GamersGate). My advice is to wait for a nice 75% off sale from GG and grab Chronicles. 'Til then, have fun battling Steam.
    1 Clerk............................................. ........................1 Angestellte
    Nationality/Culture: Yankee /
    North German...............Nationalität/Kultur: Yankee-Amerikanisch / Norddeutsch
    Religion: Orthodox.......................................... ..........Religion: Orthodox
    Ideology: Reactionary....................................... ........Ideologie: Reaktionär
    Issues: Protectionism (Mercantilism), Pluralism.............Probleme: Protektionismus (Merkantilismus), Pluralismus
    Current Work: Student (Germanistik / Linguistics)......Arbeit: Student (Germanistik / Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft)
    Cash Reserves: Low, but steady..................................Geldreserv en: Niedrig
    Revolt Risk: 7.5%.............................................. ........Revoltenrisiko: 7,5%
    Militancy: 3.00 (-.01).............................................. ....Militanz:
    3,00 (-,01)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (+.02).........................................Bew ußtsein: 7,00 (+,02)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonafide View Post
    Sorry for stealing the thread and going slightly OT, but I can't seem to access the beta patch-thread - the forum insists that I am unqualified, despite me having registered my games and been a member for a couple of months. I also can't access the support forum for some mysterious reason.

I apologize once again and I would be glad if I could be directed to someone "in charge", all the moderators is getting me confused.
    In order to access the tech support forum you need to register EU3 Complete.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by MrFinland View Post
    Which I had done beforehand, but it has been resolved. Thank you kindly in any case.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Semper FiCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any version should work
    “My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by The Blood Eagle View Post
    Any version should work
    At least at some point, registering only httt didn't work, so you had to register the base game.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Which I had done beforehand, but it has been resolved. Thank you kindly in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blood Eagle View Post
    Any version should work
    At least at some point, registering only httt didn't work, so you had to register the base game.
    The rule is simple: you need a registered base game (EU3 base, EU3 collector's edition, EU3 Complete, or EU3 Chronicles) to access the tech support forums. Currently, there is a problem with the Steam Chronicles code, so as a temporary measure the DW code will give you access to the subforums as well.

You have DW registered, so you should have access to the tech support and thus the beta patch thread. If it doesn't work, please PM Kallocain, as there is something wrong with your forum account then.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

simple, go to \Steam\SteamApps\common\europa universalis iii - complete\ and rename de file EU3.exe to eu3game and eu3game to EU3.exe. now steam will open EU3 launcher where you can choose the mods whatever u like to play... BUT you need to modif. launcher file to.
    Last edited by RenatoDS; 01-01-2012 at 23:37.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

btw the whole anti-modding in steam? steam doesn't restrict it in any way, i have modded every paradox game in steam, and x3, and a few total wars, and many mods for both civ 4 and 5.. its just a matter of reading forums like this

+ Reply to Thread