• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

est1895alt

Corporal
1 Badges
Feb 17, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello. I just got the game, on DVD, and when I try to set the controls, as soon as I click on OK, the screen will go black for a few seconds then there is an error on my screen.

Now I have tried with the Patches and without them. Same thing keeps happening. What info do you need? And I do have a Kensington Optical Mouse.

Also, is there other Tech Support? (ex. telephone number):rolleyes:

No phone numbers, but so far the developers have been here fairly often.

What do you mean "try to set controls" - you start the game, you see the cinematics? More exactly how far do you get? Also, is it possible to accept default controls and if so, does that work?

Well yes I do see the cinematics and I get as far as setting the controls. Now when I have changed the controls settings to the way I want, I then hit OK button and then its crashes. I do set the controls for a joystick, but thats as far as I can get.

By the way...my greatgrandfather was a royal mounted guard for the Sweddish King. Our last name was greenwall. It was changed long ago. :)

Nifty :D

Anyway, has anyone else experienced such a crash?

And.. what joystick are you using? And have you tried changing only a few of the settings, in an attempt to pin down exactly which part of your settings it is that the game doesn't like?

I don't think that should matter, as long as the setup works (I guess you are sending commands to the computer to make it recognize the signals - and it should here be noted that I don't actually own the game, I merely moderate its forum)
(I am also merely trying to keep you busy and get as much information as possible, so that everything is in place should a programmer pass by ;))

Nifty :D

Anyway, has anyone else experienced such a crash?

And.. what joystick are you using? And have you tried changing only a few of the settings, in an attempt to pin down exactly which part of your settings it is that the game doesn't like?

Yes I have experienced a similar crash, it happened when i tried to change the video settings from the default. on the second time i left those settings alone and it started up just fine, then crashed my entire computer after completing the 2nd mission.
You know other than the crashes i really like this game, but a little support from the developers would be greatly appreciated.

I can only say that the developers used to be here a lot - the best support I have seen from Non-Paradox developers on any of the forums I moderate.

But lately, not so much. They did come by and explain that their programming house were in a bad financial state, however.
And while support for released titles does make for happy customers, it does not bring revenue in the same way as taking up a new job does..