+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: RISE OF THE PHOENIX - a persian AAR

Second Lieutenant sultan of india's Avatar

RISE OF THE PHOENIX - a persian AAR

RISE OF THE PHOENIX
    a persian AAR

-----------P R O L O G U E---------------

2500 years ago, there rose a mighty empire from the plateau of iran. It was the mightiest empire the world had seen till then. But it couldn't stand against alexander's army. After alexander, the seleucids ruled over persia. Then it was the parthians. persia was once again free when ardashir 1 defeated the parthians. under him, and his successors, persia once again attained glory. even rome feared persia. but once again, persia was defeated, this time by the arabic muslims. they made persia a part of their worldwide empire. they assimilated it within their own culture. now the reigns of persia lies in the hands of Reza shah pahlavi. he has vowed to return to persia its lost glory, but can he do it? surely this is a difficult task, but what better time to do this, than when the world is fighting against each other?

RULES:

vanilla armageddon 1.2
    normal/normal
    no cheats or modding of any kind

OBJECTIVE:

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE - regain the lands once controlled by the empire of persia
    SECONDARY OBJECTIVE - total world conquest! and this time no one shall come in our way!!!

this is the extent of the achaemenid and sassanid persian empires at their greatest, but our new persian empire will be a thousand times larger than this.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2500k club

wow, this is surely a tough goal to achieve
    good luck

first subscriber, yeah
    "When in doubt, C4!" - Jamie Hyneman
    "Life is a worthless game, but the graphics are awesome."

My AARs are stored in My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mico94 View Post
    wow, this is surely a tough goal to achieve
    good luck

first subscriber, yeah
    i'll try to get some allies, and puppets too, hopefully
    BTW, welcome, my first subscriber

PART 1: EARLY CONQUESTS
    CHAPTER 1: INTO AFGANISTAN

this is where we stand now. teheran, now only a small town will one day be the centre of the world!

...and this is all we have by the name of an army

...our economy,

and our political system.

so as you can see, we are a 3rd rate minor nation

the first step that pahlavi took at the annual meeting of ministers, was to sack mr. ali akbar deiva who had charges of corruption against him and install mr. soleiman mirza as the minister of security. he also decided to move the political leaning of persia more towards the hawk lobby.

it was also decided that bactria (modern day afganistan) would be the first territory to be incorporated into the new persian empire. all resources should henceforth be directed to achieve this aim!

a production line of militias was started, as they are all we could afford right now.

and reza shah pahlavi went back into the inner chambers of his imperial palace to research the mobility focus doctrine to strengthen our military.

a deal was struck up with our red neighbors which would give us valuable resources and also increase our relationship. we dare not attack the afgans while our relations with the red bear is still bad!

23rd february was the day when our first new military division marched out of the academy of teheran... even though it's just militia also today big red brother decides to pleae us! this is surely signs of improving relations!!!
    Last edited by sultan of india; 14-02-2009 at 12:50.

continued...

some international news... ethiopia meets its doomsday

meanwhile, our foreign minister has suggested that we guarantee nationalist china to gain some leverage out of the chaotic situation prevailing in there.

the spanish civil war starts on july the 18th

shortly afterwards, guanxi DoW the nationalists, giving us two valuable shifts towards more intervemtionism. we will need those to conquer erstwhile persian territories.

reza pahlavi has finished mobility focus doctrine, and now researches rear area supply dumps, to increase the mobility of our troops, especially in difficult terrains. meanwhile we continously influence the reds and increase our money stockpiles to influence them further
    till our relations rise aove +120, which we think will be enough to stop them from coming at us.

finally... the day has arrived! let us move forward, my brave soldiers, and bring glory to mother persia!!!

9 divisions consisting of 1 infantry and 1 cavalry and the rest militias were arranged into 3 corps, and ordered to move into the undefended province of herat. reinforcements would come later. it was only in late november that they encountered any resistance, in the form of a lone cavalry division, which our army defeated easily. thus, our nation conquered the first piece of foreign land

battle plan for capturing kabul. in an effort to garrison the empty province of kandahar, the afgans have weakened their army stationed at kabul. and we will take advantage of this

on january the 12th, the decisive battle of kabul begins. we have 2:1 numerical advantage, which should bring us victory

a day later, the afgan forces were seen retreating from kabul, giving us our first major victory!!!!!

his highness reza pahlavi has finished rear area supply dumps, and has now declared that he will research the early infantry division tech.

meanwhile the nationalists win the spanish civil war......

the afgans make one more futile attempt at recapturing kabul, before realising that it's too late

so, after centuries, bactria is once again under persian control. rejoice my dear soldiers, this is a time to celebrate. go eat some kebabs, and dance with some pretty girls. the road ahead is stony, so you will need this break.

anyway, all hail the imperial persian army and the new persian empire!!
    Last edited by sultan of india; 13-02-2009 at 09:36.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour

Let the soon-to-be thousand nations of the Persian empire desend upon the world! So far, so good

um, i think that you showed twice the same picture (economy and initial sliders)
    nice start, btw
    onward to sinkiang

Does the new persian empire have cores on the old lands?
    "If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Bloody, Bloody Sunday WWCLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Mico94 View Post
    um, i think that you showed twice the same picture (economy and initial sliders)
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by son of liberty View Post
    Does the new persian empire have cores on the old lands?
    no. it's been a long time since they have defected from persia, and no longer wish to be ruled by the Great king/king of kings/emperor of emperors. it's time we remind them who their daddy is!

Yes, onward to Tibet and Sinkiang!!! Xerxes will be jeolous
    "It is not sufficient that I succeed, all others must fail!" - Genghis Khan

RED Rampage of Chairman Mao
    Rise of the Ottoman Empire! Return to Rule of the Caliphs!
    Defence of the Ancient: Rebirth of Greater Tibet! From the land in the heavens, the guns descended...
    The WRAITH of KHAN! All AARe mine! The return of the Mongol hordes!
    -Tom Guntrip's Uber-Good, Possibly Funny, AwAARd Trophy*
    -WritAAR of the Week - 12 Oct 2009
    -Lighthearter's Award of Cookie of Extreme Awesome *

Resauce biased economist Beladriel's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Make nuclear reactors to the desert! PERSIA NEEDS THEM!
    "And the people had increased so exceedingly that the fields and forests were no longer sufficient to provide for them... and so these men departed, forsaking what was meagre in search of what was plentiful. Nor were they content, as are so many who go out into the world, to serve others; but, like the knights of old, they determined that all men should be subject to them, acknowledging them as overlords. And so they took up arms, and broke the bonds of peace, and did great deeds of war and chivalry." - Amaratus

My AAR: [GOT] A Feast for Crows - A History of House Ghilebon

CHAPER 2: OVERRUNNING MINOR ENEMIES

after the successful completion of the perso-afgan war, it became obvious that our next target had to be sinkinag: it was unprotected, and had little army. but before that, some preparations for the future.

we gurantee the guanxi to move our intervensionism slider to the max once the japanese attack them, and constrution of the imperial persian navy has started
    also, we increase our hawk lobby slider to attract more youth to the resurgent persian army.

on march the 6th, persian troops were seen infiltritating through the perso-sinking border. the sinkingese government was totally unprepared for this, and our army was easily able to counter whatever resistance they sent our way.

the reason it took us five months is that the terrain was extremely rocky, the provinces were infrastructure-stripped, and to add to that, we had a TC overload, due to our tiny industrial strength.

and...yet another nation accepts subordination to the new persian empire

immediately after conquering sinkiang, we move our army to the newly-formed perso-tibetan border: no time to rest my boys, you will get plenty of those once the world is ours
    the japanese, meanwhile DoW the chinese. let us keenly watch their success, for they can make a good ally.

the Great King/king of kings/emperor of emperors Reza shah pahlavi has finished researching the early infantry tech. we would now devote the lone tech slot we currently have to research as many agricultural techs as we can; we badly need some manpower.

september 13th, the perso-tibetan war begins. sorry dalai lama, but you stand in our way.

and now we have started producing the first real soldiers, utilizing the freshly conquered IC from sinkiang

we take an alternate route to lhasa, since the main route will most likely be blocked by advancing tibetan soldiers, and our army is too low on organisation from continous fighting to face them now. they will recover their organisation on their way to lhasa.

meanwhile, his highness makes a couple of hanges to the cabinet of ministers: mr. reza mizani is the new armanents minister, and mr. ali mansour will be the new minister of security.

battle of lhasa begins...

...and ends exactly a day later. dalai lama flees to nepal as victorious persian troops enter lhasa. the new persian empire has conquered yet another nation!!!

in a public meeting addressed by the Great king/king of kings/emperor of emperors after the victory at lhasa, he announces his intensions of moving into the middle east next and directed his military commanders to plan accordingly.

continued....

germany succeeds in pressurizing austria into submission.

ah! if only we could pressurize someone into submission... no matter! we are destined to fight!!!
    meanwhite we continue to move our sliders towards the hawk lobby.

and our recently gained IC helps us to run two parallel production runs for the first time!!!

...and gives us a second tech slot!!!!

the germans are now getting increasingly belligerent

in the meantime, let us watch the progress of our japanese friends...

hmm....nice progree, dont you think?

his highness finishes researching human wave doctrine...

december the 15th, we invade the arabian peninsula. the saudis better be prepared

the soldiers guarding the beaches at dammam put up a brave fight, but sheer strength our our army did them in.

we pust deeper into the arabian peninsula until we reach the capital city of the saudis, riyadh. we have to be careful though, we have no convoys to supply us here, so our organisation will only go down. anyway, we attack and win.

but suddenly the retreating bunch of soldiers from dammam come in our way.but contrary to our fears, we defeat them

on january the 29th 1939, the saudis offer their unconditional surrender. a great victory indeed, for mother persia

so after 3 years of almost uninterrupted war, this is where we stand.

long live the imperial persian army and the new persian empire.
    FEAR US!

Just to let you know, I'm following this AAR. Nice progress.

Nice. Wonder if your troops will reach the transports before they die of starvation

battle bunny: thanks

hatuke: i evacuated the rest of my troops and used a lone cavalry unit to drive to riyadh, because my past experiences with persia shows that saudi arabia almost never sends another unit to block me, or maybe they dont have

Nice. How about a march into China

nice progress, time for some big targests?
    build convoys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast