• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
P-47 Thunderbolt?
It would be WAAAY too early for such a plane that first appeared in 42-43 I think. More likely something vaguely Grummanish or P40 lookalike.

Maybe even a P-39, or an XP-60?

Yeah, the latest tech he has (That he showed) for aircraft was 1940 multi-role.

(If we're going by Republic Aviation planes) It could be the P-43 Lancer but aircraft isn't something I know much of and "it looks like a truck" doesn't give us much to go off of. Sure, Seversky is overseeing it but it could also be a purely Russian design just made via American production methods.

And even early Russian designs were quite sleek and mostly built out of wood. It's probably a plane designed according to American philosophy of more armor f*** the turn rate, which might bite them in the but coz there is a good reason why IRL air combat happened at low altitudes and for those you might want turnfighters.

It isn't the I-16, but it could be one of the other Soviet rotary-engined designs. Being "like a truck" doesn't suggest in-line engines to me, but that does leave alternatives. A prototype Laovochkin perhaps, while the La-5 was of 1942 vintage the Lavochkin Bureau was designing fighter planes earlier, admittedly ones with a different engine style.

It isn't the I-16, but it could be one of the other Soviet rotary-engined designs. Being "like a truck" doesn't suggest in-line engines to me, but that does leave alternatives. A prototype Laovochkin perhaps, while the La-5 was of 1942 vintage the Lavochkin Bureau was designing fighter planes earlier, admittedly ones with a different engine style.
La-5 is basically LaGG-3 from which the engine was sawed off and Su-5 much stronger engine and nose was glued to. But again even LaGG didn't look like a truck. LaGG was fine design, what let it down is that the planed engine never materialised so it used a MUCH weaker one.

I like coming to the Paradox boards. You can learn about historic aviation :D

Right?

*return snip*

517.png

As long as we eventually find out about that flying truck, I'm happy! :)

Also: Glad to see you writing again. :)

Last edited: