• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pskov - Pihkova
Novgorod - Uusikaupunki
Olonets - Ääninen
Österbötten - Pohjanmaa
Savolax - Savo
Nyland - Uusimaa
Finland - Satakunta
Viborg - Viipuri
Vologda - Vepsä
Archangelks - Pomoria
Kolan peninsula - Kuola
Kexholm - Käkisalmi
Kem(or what is south of Kexholm) - Karjala
Ustyug - Bjarmia
Tver - Ovi (literally 'door')
Yaroslavl - Merva
Moskva - Mustajoki
Kholm - Holma
Vladimir - Mari
Ryazan - Murom
Nizni Novgorod - Suur-Mordva
Zavolechye - Permiä
Tambow - ???
Pensa - ???
Saratow - ???
Simbirsk - ???
Kazan - Bolgaaria

For the ??? I might be able to invent something later.
Or you could name them after some great Mordvian Kings also.

Another fine update squire
Hoping to see a Prussian expedition to England soon

Soon, but it is still a while away.

Enewald said:
Pskov - Pihkova
Novgorod - Uusikaupunki
Olonets - Ääninen
Österbötten - Pohjanmaa
Savolax - Savo
Nyland - Uusimaa
Finland - Satakunta
Viborg - Viipuri
Vologda - Vepsä
Archangelks - Pomoria
Kolan peninsula - Kuola
Kexholm - Käkisalmi
Kem(or what is south of Kexholm) - Karjala
Ustyug - Bjarmia
Tver - Ovi (literally 'door')
Yaroslavl - Merva
Moskva - Mustajoki
Kholm - Holma
Vladimir - Mari
Ryazan - Murom
Nizni Novgorod - Suur-Mordva
Zavolechye - Permiä
Tambow - ???
Pensa - ???
Saratow - ???
Simbirsk - ???
Kazan - Bolgaaria

Very impressive, I shall implement them soon. Thank you!

Homelands
Chapter Fourteen: For Which He is Remembered
Part 1

Prelude:
The last years of Eadbert’s reign was filled with constant war. It started in 1151 with Russia and by 1153 the obvious target was Poland. With Catholicism busy with crusades, the advance on the poor Kingdom went unnoticed and unchecked. The Noble Republic was under the guidance of a fresh King, one that again saber rattled against Prussia, though this time he did not go on the offensive. Instead Eadbert took the initiative and invaded Poland from several directions; armies from Ukraine, Prussia, and Pinsk all struck in a timed concert. Under the expert guidance of Aethelwulf and with Gunvald’s diplomacy keeping other nations out of the issue, Eadbert was able to single Poland out, scatter her armies and mop up large territories to attach to the Kingdom. His plan was to do this again and again until Poland was removed from the map and he was crowned King. The Second Polish War was brief, lasting only a summer. With her armies scattered and newly elected King dead, the Polish nobles surrendered to Prussia’s demands quickly as to rebuild. Unknown to many Polish peasants the line between the two nations was pushed westward and Poland was cut off from the Sea.

1153.png

Prussia and Poland in 1153, Dark Green is territory seceded to Prussia.
August 6th, 1153

Gunvald surveyed the new Prussian lands for his father. The lands were poor, as was much of Poland, but the people tilled the fields and brought in crops. The people had a passive recognition of him as their new master. He took notes and with the help of an engineer, plotted a route for a new road; one that would eventually connect Memelbuhr to Krakow. Defenses were not expanded, however. Gunvald told the advisors that by the time they were finished, the next war would be over and they would be useless. They seemed startled by this, but said nothing. But he knew that the Polish forces would not be caught like this again. They would remain vigilant, waiting for Prussia’s strike in the near future. With the Holy Roman Empire a faded note in history and the German Civil War in full swing their only potential ally was gone.

“Sir, a Polish noble wishes to express his desire to expatriate to Prussia.”

“Bring him forth,” Gunvald said, leaning back in his saddle. His guards brought forth a haughty noble dressed in fine furs and carrying a large sword. “Disarm him.” The guards did as commanded and removed his sword and checked his person for more. When it was confirmed he was good, the man was allowed to step before Gunvald, where he bowed and removed his hat.

“I am Arapad Piast, scion of the Piast family who once ruled this Kingdom.”

“I am rather busy, so if you have a request, make it,” Gunvald said without looking down at the noble.

“Before the war I was Duke of these lands, Kuyavia. I wish to ask for them to be returned in exchange for my fealty.” He bowed deeply, but tried to not take his eyes off Gunvald.

“These lands have been reserved for my cousin, who shall be taking the title Prince of Kuyavia. Your fealty is not required at this point.”

“Bu… but… What right do you have of my lands?!”

“As a noble of Poland, you are guilty by association to the plotting of your King to attack Prussia. You should feel lucky I do not have you executed on the spot.”

“Please, no… wait! I cannot return to Poland now that I have left! I have already committed the act of treason!” Arapad shouted as Gunvald turned to leave.

“And I want nothing to do with a traitor.” And with those cold words Gunvald turned around and left Arapad. The guards chained him up and had him shipped back to Poland. From there he would flee south and into Hungary. Gunvald did not worry, however. The Piast line was not long for the world. His however, he knew would rule for centuries to come.

Last edited:
Those who wage war willingly shall not seek mercy.
Gunvald does not yet look that nasty to me. :p

He was never evil, not by far. Eadbert was border-line evil with the exiling of his sons. In game he exiled many people (at least five sons and each of them at least three or four times), so his original nomer was "the Exiler" but I assumed him rashly exiling characters who hadn't existed until that update would get dull. So he was made into "the Cruel" and just shown to be rather grumpy.

Eventually we get to King Vishly in the 1300s... now he is evil.

I have noticed your AAR after it received its award, and I read this in one go.

All I can say is: very, very well done!

Are you a linguist, by the way, or is your dear the one behind the words? Coined languages have always fascinated me (and sadly I can no longer write this in sindarin).

Sadly, now I have to wait for an update. So this is how it feels:)

I have noticed your AAR after it received its award, and I read this in one go.

All I can say is: very, very well done!

Are you a linguist, by the way, or is your dear the one behind the words? Coined languages have always fascinated me (and sadly I can no longer write this in sindarin).

Sadly, now I have to wait for an update. So this is how it feels:)
Firstly, every time I see your name I want to shout "REANIMATOR!!!" But that is just me. ;)

My dearest liked the idea of me making a language, but we had disagreements early on. She speaks Japanese as well as English, and I speak German. I am not a fan of massive case-sensitive changes (like German's DerDieDasDieDenDieDasDerDemDerDemDenDesDerDesDer nonsense (it is all D' or De in most spoken German)) so I was allowed to work on my own. In essence it is not a fully functional language, and like with English many rules are very fuzzy. In essence it is German with latvian words that I've changed the spellings. It isn't all that impressive until spoken.

I can get an update up and running tomorrow. I've been playing MMP more to try to get used to its constant raping of the player. Sadly to say I am glad I am starting out large and trying to shrink.

Last edited:
Homelands
Chapter Fourteen: For Which He is Remembered
Part 2

Prelude:
Two years after the war with Poland, Eadbert turned the attention of Prussia westward across the Baltic Sea. The King of Sweden, who was in the midst of uniting the north and Finland to his Kingdom, had been one of very few Catholics to voice support for Poland. The Prussian King saw only enemies in the nations around him, which at this point was mostly true with the exception of the Roman Empire. He was, however; hesitant to invade Sweden proper. Instead he was only interested in scaring them a bit; reminding them which power truly dominated the Baltic region. Instead he targeted a small break-away state in southern Sweden. Öland had broken away from Sweden only months before and Sweden, busy with the north, had done little to conquer the territory back. Eadbert’s war machine was efficient and the island was captured and integrated into the Prussian Kingdom. Even more so than Gotland, Swedes in Kalmar would make up every day and see Prussian territory just off their coast.

October 29th, 1155

People bustled in and out of Memelbuhr’s main center in preparation for All Saints Day and its associated eve. The whole city had a somber feel to it as the grey skies of winter began to move in. King Eadbert was entertaining a guest, King Henrik of Sweden. As was usual for Eadbert, his guest arrived in Memelbuhr harbor and was fetched by Prince Gunvald and a royal body guard. They are led through the city, northward, and toward the monastery where Eadbert now lived. During this time Gunvald would begin to read the visitor, looking for tell-tale signs of weapons and almost interrogating them during the short journey. Henrik was an older man, and took little notice to Gunvald’s questions.

The journey to the monastery brought them through the city walls and through the country side some ways. Henrik seemed amused at the King-Priest who had such a knack for war and conquest.

“Please hurry, my father is just inside.” Gunvald motioned toward the building.

“I’ve heard talk from returning crusaders, those that fought in Edessa and Jerusalem, of land made up entirely of heathen monasteries. I’ve heard amazing things from Arabia.”

“It is all very interesting, but I doubt you are here to talk hear-say about lands far removed from reality. Now, please, my father waits.” Gunvald knocked on the doors to the monastery and the monks hurriedly opened it up, bowing their heads at the sight of Gunvald.

“Right this way your majesties.” They were led to Eadbert’s desk in the study. Around him were parchments and pages of his work on the language of the people. When he saw them he collected them together and stored them back in the drawers of the desk.

“Now, King Henrik, I assume you are here about Öland, then?” He asked.

“Yes, you read my letter and I’ve laid our fai…” Henrik was cut off by Eadbert.

“Yes, yes. Fair points. Now sit, this isn’t a discussion as much as a talking to.” Eadbert leaned over the table. “Now then, I am making a point here. You can talk in Kalmar all you want about how you are going to stop me from doing whatever it is you don’t like; but I am telling you now: There is nothing you can do about it but talk. So you can keep your mouth moving, I will happily have it silenced forever.”

Henrik was shocked and awed. He had never been spoken to like that in his entire life. Eadbert tapped the table for a few minutes and then nodded to Gunvald.

Gunvald placed his hand on Henrik’s shoulder, “It is time to go.” The Prince lead the King out of the monastery and at the door left him to return to the city alone with the guard. Henrik had plenty of time to consider the meeting with the silent guards. One of his ancestors had dealt with Prussia in the past, and Henrik now knew why he avoided conflict with the Kingdom.

Wow, I have been truly honoured these last few days! Thank you very much.

You deserve both! Time to add to your signature!

And Prussia is indeed a superpower... about 6 centuries early. :cool:

You deserve both! Time to add to your signature!

And Prussia is indeed a superpower... about 6 centuries early. :cool:

That I shall. I've already updated the Table of Contents.

I know it sounds weird, but I am hoping to step back on the super-power status in EUIII and Ricky. I have some plans about how I want things to go (especially in Ricky). I think it will make everything (especially later in history) far more interesting for everyone, including myself.