• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This... David is an affront to the great name of Bagratuni! He is clearly not awesome, Giorgi would not be pleased :mad: :D

Great update as always!

This... David is an affront to the great name of Bagratuni! He is clearly not awesome, Giorgi would not be pleased :mad: :D

Great update as always!

Well, in game his father had converted to paganism, which is where I got to idea he was a push-over and a vassal. It was strange.

Class has started, and I now have some drive in my life. I've done a hell of a lot of work on the mod for EUIII, so I'll post some in-game previews and an update later this week.

This AAR is simply awesome.

I just read the whole thing and I must say this is one of the best AAR's i read!
Can't believe I didn't start to read it when I first found it... Well, I had a lot of reading now so I guess it's ok.

I think something's wrong though... Anglo-Prussian alphabet but Prussian names? I suggest making some proper saxon sounding names! And an Anglo-Prussian culture. ( In EU III of course. Making it in CK would be a waste of time.)

This AAR is simply awesome.

I just read the whole thing and I must say this is one of the best AAR's i read!
Can't believe I didn't start to read it when I first found it... Well, I had a lot of reading now so I guess it's ok.

I think something's wrong though... Anglo-Prussian alphabet but Prussian names? I suggest making some proper saxon sounding names! And an Anglo-Prussian culture. ( In EU III of course. Making it in CK would be a waste of time.)

I thank you for the words of praise, but alas as you have seen updating has slowed now that I have class again. Anglo-Prussian as a language is very strange. It is very heavily still a Baltic language. This means the names will be left as is, Latvian (not Prussian, technically).

This does, however, give me a chance to show of a bit of the mod thus far.

Here is a screen of the Leofricson Empire and the electors:

EU3_1-1.jpg

The are, in order:
Finland, Roman Empire, Hungary, Poland, Prussia, Bohemia, Mordvin (Novgorod).

Wow, can't wait for this mod! One tiny little thing though, is it just me or is it a little weird for the Roman Empire to be a member state in the Holy Roman Empire? :wacko:

Wow, can't wait for this mod! One tiny little thing though, is it just me or is it a little weird for the Roman Empire to be a member state in the Holy Roman Empire? :wacko:

It isn't actually the Holy Roman Empire, rather the collection of remaining Orthodox Christian nations that have been united under a single bloodline. It is really the Leofricson Empire.

I say Orthodox in both meanings, as it is Eastern Orthodox, but also that it is the orthodox Christians. The few other remaining Christian nations have left normal canon. The Hussites in the north have added Norse mythology as well as other things into Christianity, the Reformists are mad zealots who have forgotten much of Christianity and exist only to topple Islam, and the Protestants wish to unite the Abrahamic religions in the goal of peace after the fall of the original Holy Roman Empire.

An Interlude:
Prussian Culture at the turn of the XV Century

Prussians.png

The expansion of the Kingdom of Prussia led to the merging and expansion of the Baltic cultures. In the beginning there were three related cultures: Prussians, Latvians and Lithuanians. Also in the area were Estonians, Finns, Swedes and Poles. The immigrating Saxon minority, which would eventually total some ten thousand individuals, spread through the lands brought a sort of catalyst. Anglo-Prussian is a misnomer. Official Anglo-Prussian is actually Anglo-Lettish; and in reality the diaspora of the Saxon people led to a culture that would be more properly labeled Anglo-Baltic. The Anglo-Baltic cultures cemented their rule in the Baltic Region and eventually spread throughout Eastern Europe bringing with them their language, customs, religion, art and structure.

The three original groups, though contact and centralization melded together, bringing about Old Anglo-Prussian or Eadbert's Prussian. With the lines between Letts, Lithuanians and Prussians hazier than ever, they eventually would be a homogeneous culture. By the 1200's it is assumed that the three groups have ceased to be, leaving a single ethnic entity in its wake. Saxon meanwhile has lost its footing amongst the commoners and has become solely a language of the elite. It also became a describer for a certain branch of the Leofricson line which would eventually give way to the Roman branch of the bloodline. Saxon Leofricsons tended to rule in Poland or in the south, while Prussian Leofricsons were centered on Memelbuhr and Marienscír and ruled as Kings and powerful Dukes.

Through the XIII and XIV Centuries the Prussian culture spread outwards with an alarming rate. The language usually arrived before the culture since Prussian was the sermon language for Prussian Orthodoxy. By the XV century the spread of Prussian culture and language gave rise to four new sub-cultures. These were Old Prussian, Livonian, Ukrainian and Carpathian.

Old Prussian represented the old breed of Prussian language and culture that remained a "pure" suspension of Saxon culture in a Baltic environment. The five great Prussian cities all fell within this sphere: Memelbuhr, Marienscír, Kiev, Chernigov and Krakow (Mæmálgrád, Mæreængrád, Keæv, Chærnigrád and Krákográd in modern Prussian). Life in Old Prussian territory varied, but tended to be urban, fast-paced and industrial. Language was spoken quickly, and the imperfect was preferred to perfect past tense. Old Prussian had very few loan words from other languages, though some Polish words did trickle in.

Livonian was the language and culture of the city Riga (Regu). Spoken only in the far north it was commonly called the language of the Fleet, as the Livonians were often fishermen and sailors. Generally life for Livonians was hard, as the region was poorer and the economy fragile due to it being based on one commodity. Livonians also retained more native Latvian in their language. Finnish and related languages (Ingrian and Estonian) dominate loan words, though Estonian was completely dead.

Ukrainians were the descendent's of Prussian soldiers in southern Russia. Ukrainians are also the last of the four groups to consider themselves Prussians. Their language contained many loan words from Russian, and their culture was very agrarian. They were the farmers of the Empire, and had few large cities to call their own. Donetsk (Dánæt) was the closest thing to a major city. They were often the target for raiding from Mongols and pagan Mordvins, but as the region settled their population saw a boom and almost renaissance in the 1400's.

Carpathians are a spread-out and widely varying group of people. They have no single dialect, no base group. They represent the fringe of Prussian culture, the line between the Prussian culture and others. In some regions they have become semi-autonomous, in others they still cling to their Prussian identity. Many more look to the past misty-eyed and in awe. The group is named after a specifically boisterous group in Transylvania, but also includes Silesians, another rebellious group. Carpathians are to Prussia what the denizens of Asia Minor are to Rome. They threaten to weaken Prussia's borders and represent the front line against Islam's expansion into Central Europe.

It isn't actually the Holy Roman Empire, rather the collection of remaining Orthodox Christian nations that have been united under a single bloodline. It is really the Leofricson Empire.

Oh, I see. It's just that you kept the Holy Roman Title for the info box.

Btw, what stopped the saxon expansion in the north?
And have you thought of renaming some of the provinces in your mod?
For example if those are Mordvins, I could name give new 'finnic' names to their cities.

Oh, and where are you going to colonize? India, America, China or maybe Siberia? I ruled out Africa as the muslims will probably take it in few seconds.

Muslims better turn westwards, since those fanatic Christians always try to hamper their continental living and welfare. :)
Siberia better be an Mongol playground.

Btw, what stopped the saxon expansion in the north?
And have you thought of renaming some of the provinces in your mod?
For example if those are Mordvins, I could name give new 'finnic' names to their cities.
If you wish, you could make new names. Like I said, I am not desperate to make it a total conversion, but if you wish. Saxon expansion into Latvia was hampered by the fact it was given to Russian princes to keep them settled.

Oh, and where are you going to colonize? India, America, China or maybe Siberia? I ruled out Africa as the muslims will probably take it in few seconds.
I don't know, I am playing it by ear.

Muslims better turn westwards, since those fanatic Christians always try to hamper their continental living and welfare. :)
Siberia better be an Mongol playground.
I hope so, a muslim new world would be awesome.

Homelands
Chapter Thirteen: Peace of Mind
Part 4

Prelude:
The year 1151 sparked the return of long periods of war to Prussia. King Eadbert had spent a decade letting Prussia recover her strength before once more releasing it on the Russian countryside. His targets for the next two years were the small Russian principalities of Smolensk and Pereyaslavl. His plan was a quick and decisive victory over each. Starting with Smolensk and then next year Pereyaslavl. His casus belle was weak, but few in the region wished to nitpick it for fear of invasion. The title King of the Rus was still very much up for grabs. Prussia had isolated itself amongst its neighbors. The once strong Russian/Prussian ties had evaporated. Prussia grew stronger and Russia grew weaker. The common enemy, the Mordvins, was not willing to attack the Prussians, so the common threat was gone. The uneasy truce between Prussia and the Mordvins would last until the 1300’s when relations turned positive. From a small monastery outside of Memelbuhr a decade of war was to be raged.

July 14th, 1152

Pereyaslavl was proving to be a cunning enemy. King Eadbert, from his desk in the monastery, sent orders to Aethelwulf. Gunvald and Sviendorog were with him discussing the issue of the missing Russian Army. The eight year old was propped up on the table, and watched as Eadbert and Gunvald moved small wooden blocks around.

“How could an entire army disappear like that?” Eadbert asked. “One minute we have them pinned here, the next they are nowhere to be seen.”

“They dispersed into the country side.” Gunvald said. They probably picked a meeting place to reform, and then they broke up, each man taking the appearance of a peasant.

“How will we stop them?”

“We keep an army in reserve, to be moved quickly at the side of trouble, but we maintain the siege.”

Eadbert nodded. “They were trying to get us to lift the siege to chase them. Okay then, well the Prince shall be captured and the Kingdom shall expand further!”

“Father, that brings me to a topic I wish to discuss. What are you plotting? This cannot just be for the sake of taking over Russia, especially with the Mordvins already in control of it.”

“You’re right son… Poland. Poland is the next target. I believe they owe us a debt from the last war they started, and I will have the repayment.”

“When shall we stop? When our western border is Germany?”

“That was the plan. We attack Poland until there isn’t a Poland. But son, there is one target that I truly want, but I shall not get in this life.”

“And what is that, father?”

“My father spoke of the land of his father. I’ve never seen it, he never saw it. It is England son, and as long as the de Normandie’s sit on the throne of England, they are our enemy. One day son, England shall be in our fold, even if just for a day.”

Gunvald looked at Eadbert and saw a truly passionate man. England would be his goal.

Prussia1152.png

Prussia in 1152 with newly conquered territory in dark red.

End Chapter Thirteen