• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just finished my recapping and re-reading of this AAR - shame on me for not being kept updated, this AAR rocks! I really like your way of story-telling, just the right length and the right mix of narrative and "history book". You are a hero to an aspiring AAR writer, Mr. C!

Boo! Hiss! Magna Mundi Uber Alles!
Welcome to the AAR. Please remember to use umlauts. It is über (oo-ber) not uber (uh-ber).

Honestly I was not happy with MMP, I think the map could use some TLC, the civil wars are a pain in the ass and completely random. Generally I play to have fun, not have my ass kicked. I have CSS and school for that. Also see below.

I like the way MEIOUs map is kinda like like a Globe. That Alaska, Japan and eastern siberia are shown.... Well, can't find the word, but you know what I mean.

So I'm all in favor of MEIOU as historical events that MM is rich in wouldn't do much good here.
Yeah, that is also what killed me, MMP has some cool features, but features that are useless to me because I have screwed history up so much. A more accurate map is something I need, definitely.

*drools even more*

Thanks, Sir. It is an honor.

Congratz ! It's well deserved.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for welcoming the Normands :D
The update is almost done, don't worry. Setting the scene for events of the future.

No worries, hopefully we can get MEIOU into the open more, get some AARs moving and get it the attention it deserves.

I am excited, especially since I started this AAR as a time-killer between updates of a failed AAR. I guess that is just the way things work. I have no idea where the de Normandies came from, I think they flocked over here when I married that one daughter of theirs and then crushed their Kingdom. But one day I was looking around and saw a ton of them it was strange.

Legiazus said:
Just finished my recapping and re-reading of this AAR - shame on me for not being kept updated, this AAR rocks! I really like your way of story-telling, just the right length and the right mix of narrative and "history book". You are a hero to an aspiring AAR writer, Mr. C!
Why thank you, that is quiet a lot of pressure to put on me. ;)

Honestly this AAR eclipses any of my previous work, including my last mega campaign. I hope I can keep it up and that you guys can keep up. I can see this going on for a few years. :cool:

A-ha! Finished! Also, I have no problem with gay people; I cannot stress that enough

Homelands
Chapter Seventeen: Shores of Destiny
Part 3

Prelude:
Prussian paganism was closely related to other forms of Baltic paganism. And, like other forms of Baltic paganism, by the end of the twelfth century it was all but extinguished from the map. Modern neo-pagan groups point to forcible conversions and crimes at the hands of Christian overlords as proof positive of the evils of Christianity. Even so, the unification of the Baltic people religiously allowed for a stronger Prussian realm and greater cooperation. And as before, the unified religion brought unified language, systems, measurement and many other conveniences now taken for granted. The modern Prussian nation was forged in the fires of conversion and conquest, known as the first two of the "Three Prussian C's". But the modern era was still a far-off pipe dream in the minds of many at the time. By the 1200's it was assumed that only a few thousand pagans lived in the whole of the Baltic region within Prussia. By the 1300's that number was zero. The decline of the Prussian religion was met with the decline of the Old Prussian language. In 1200 roughly a third to a half of the people in Ducal Prussia spoke Old Prussian. By 1350 that number was down to only a twentieth. By the 1400's it was spoken only in a few towns south of Marienscír. In modern Prussia, Old Prussian is a dead language. The last native speaker of Old Prussian died in 1756.

December 16th, 1179

Sviendorog had returned from the Crimean war and was unhappy to find his eldest son had already been found a bride. The wedding was set for late the next year, but all the arrangements had been made. Valikaila was to be wed to Bozislava, the only child of the King of Bohemia. Gunvald seemed pleased with the arrangement, it meant that the Kingdoms of Prussia and Bohemia would enter an almost unbreakable union with one another. Sviendorog found that his father used his absence during wars to make decisions like this behind his back. It was almost too much for the general to take, but he tried his best to remain calm.

Valikaila seemed uninterested in it all. No one in court could nail it down, but it had become rumor that the young prince was gay. The whispers would die when Sviendorog entered the room, but he knew what it meant, unless the boy could produce an heir soon he was likely to be kicked out of succession thus ruining Gunvald's plans. It was something that his father brought up privately one night after dinner. Sviendorog chose to ignore his warnings, but in reflection he feared for his son's life and what it would mean to him as heir.

"How can you let things fall apart behind our backs?" Sviendorog asked his father, "They speak of my son as if he is some commoner."

"I know, but there is very little to be done, Sviendorog, people will talk, that is how things are..."

"Who started it?"

"I beg your pardo..."

"Who. started. it?"

Gunvald swallowed, considering the ramifications if he told his son. "The first I heard of this it came from the mouth of Pavel, Prince of Estonia." Sviendorog face flared with anger and he stormed out of the room. Gunvald got up and followed after his son who walked past the guards and in the court room where a jester preformed before the amused members.

"PAVEL!!" Sviendorog's voice boomed, he saw the Duke in a corner and approached him with his glove drawn. "I've heard that you have been spreading slanders against my son and my name." He pointed a stiff finger at the unafraid Russian. Sviendorog placed the glove on Pavel's empty plate.

"Your majesty, how droll. A glove? You might have spent a bit too much time in England." Sviendorog sneered and reached for the glove, but as he leaned over he instead punched Pavel in the jaw.

"The field, now!"

"Sviendo..." Gunvald started, putting his hand on his son's shoulder.

"NOW!" Sviendorog lunged for Pavel to drag him to the field. Pavel stood up, and opened his mouth. He was missing a tooth and blood rolled from his mouth. He looked up at Sviendorog, and knew deep down that he had to win, or he would be dead. Everyone else in the room was silent. The jester backed into the shadows. Bozislava, Valikaila and Meinekinus were standing in the back trying to catch a glimpse of the fight. The angered prince dragged the Russian out into the field and the court followed.

Outside Gunvald stepped in and tried to organize things properly. "Gentlemen, this is very sudden but I am assured we understand the rules?" Sviendorog nodded as his squire helped him don his armor. Meinekinus brought his helmet, which he had waxed the day before. Pavel was given a suit by another neutral partner. Valikaila approached his father with a war horse, one of Sviendorog's finest.

"Father, this is flattering, but you really don't have to risk yourself like this..."

"Quiet, I will not have any of this bad mouthing any of us Leofricsons." He mounted the horse and reached down for his lance. Across the field Pavel sat atop his horse looking nervous. Sviendorog was renowned as a jouster. Mad, the prince could kill him as easily as a man could kill a mouse.

Sviendorog-1.jpg

Sviendorog arms himself for the joust.

With a signal given by Gunvald the two horsemen rode toward each other and in a split instant Sviendorog's lance had made contact with Pavel's helmet, grazing the top of his shield. It was over. Pavel's body slumped over in the stirrups and blood leaked from the bottom of the helmet. Sviendorog dismounted and walked over to Pavel's horse. He pushed the dead body off the horse and stood over it, "Now these rumors end here! One more word, one more syllable, I will personally find you and stop your treacherous mouth! Do you hear me?" The court was silent other that a faint weeping from Pavel's mistress. He looked around, this is the angriest he had ever been, it was not something he was used to. His heart raged inside his chest, beating wildly against the steel plate. He cursed under his breath as he began to undo his armor. Finally Pavel's widow made it to the corpse. The helmet was bashed in and no one dared take it off. She looked up at Sviendorog.

"Where will I go now?"

"Home. Never come back here."

She looked at her feet, "What shall I tell my children?"

"Hold your tongue if all you say is slander." Sviendorog turned around and saw his father looking at him rather worriedly. Valikaila seemed to be crying and all around him the atmosphere took a turn to the gloomy. Sviendorog sighed, it was very much unlike him. He turned back to the widow and said, "Send for your children, I shall take care of all of you. Here." She didn't say anything in reply, only nodded. Gunvald seemed to approve, but the deed was still done. Meinekinus made the cross in the air and muttered a short prayer. And without saying anything more Sviendorog left the field.

For a moment I was afraid Svändörög would die. :p
The kid of Pavel still inherited Estonia? :rolleyes:

Three prussic 'C's? Conquest, Conversion... and what?
Christianity? Cooperation?

For a moment I was afraid Svändörög would die. :p
The kid of Pavel still inherited Estonia? :rolleyes:

Three prussic 'C's? Conquest, Conversion... and what?
Christianity? Cooperation?
I would assume that Pavel's son still inherited.
Sviëndörög :p

As for the third C we'll find out later... ;)

Could I ask for a family tree? It would be easier to remember who is who. (That's why I love Medieval times. Lots of kids everywhere, and you can't figure out who's the father.)

And I believe Finland should be conquered. So the people would live under civilized rule. (I know my conquest requests are pretty random but I can't help it.)

My guess is would be conquest, conversion and capiatlism :p

Ooh, Sviendorog is really emerging as an interesting character! I can barely wait to read about his reign!
I am not going to give away major plot elements of the 20th century. :eek:o Luckily I have the self control to make sure most of it comes true.

Could I ask for a family tree? It would be easier to remember who is who. (That's why I love Medieval times. Lots of kids everywhere, and you can't figure out who's the father.)

And I believe Finland should be conquered. So the people would live under civilized rule. (I know my conquest requests are pretty random but I can't help it.)
I can work on that actually... it might take a while because the FTM just explodes with the Leofricson dynasty. I can try to keep it compact however.

Actually, not to give too much away, the next update involves Finland, though not the conquest thereof.

Also, I will eventually start spelling Leofricson "Leofriksun", its Prussian counter-part. This is a reminder to avoid confusion.

Nooooooo. Don't destroy the saxon heritage!

And about the family tree. I only want the Prussian leofricsons. (The main branch.) The byzantines don't interest me.

I understand, I didn't take particularly deep notes about family (hence the constantly missing other children and wives) so there is likely to be holes.

Here is the line of Leofric:

Tree.jpg

Aelle's and Osric's lines go a bit further because they don't spoil anything. The line of Morcar's brother becomes a major branch of the Knytling line and later becomes the sole line of the Trpimirovic dynasty and rules Croatia, Edessa and Bahrain. Sorry for not including that on the line.

As I said, this is very basic, but if you have any questions feel free to ask; I downloaded some pretty decent software to track the family line with the FTM.

EDIT:
Huzzah!
20,000!!

Last edited:
The Leofricsons are quite the Habsburgs of the east. I can just imagine their wikipedia entry ..
"The Leofricsons were an originally Saxon dynasty, which expanded greatly in the middle ages to become emperors of Byzantium, kings of Prussia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia and damn near everything around."

:p

Ah, good old Aelle... Well, thx that cleared things up a bit.
No problem, I can expand this later. Of course, I have a new program that can do descendants/ancestors with a click... so it might be useful.

The Leofricsons are quite the Habsburgs of the east. I can just imagine their wikipedia entry ..
"The Leofricsons were an originally Saxon dynasty, which expanded greatly in the middle ages to become emperors of Byzantium, kings of Prussia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia and damn near everything around."

:p
Don't forget inbreeding. Oh yes, the Leofricsons were not above marrying cousins.

at least Aelle's decendents are sitting on a throne, even if it was handed to them

It was not handed to them, in fact I only found out last night, the crown of England was given to the husband of Jevna while he was single. So the game had an interesting twist in there.

It was not handed to them, in fact I only found out last night, the crown of England was given to the husband of Jevna while he was single. So the game had an interesting twist in there.

Didnt you conquer England to rid it of Norman scum and gave it to the Russians

MEIOU Update!
France

History
The French region and people had been sieged for almost three hundred years. In the thirteenth century France had been united into the Great Caliphate ruled by the Sultan of Sultans in Toledo. The Great Caliph endured great strains during the infinite war but the final straw was placed on its back when Germany converted to Islam. Without the outside threat the Caliph broke apart into a lose confederation of nation states. In 1343 a new form of Islam flooded in from the south. Peninsular Islam, named for the Iberian Peninsula. It found great support in France and from there spread throughout Europe. By 1389 (the start of the mod) the idea of reuniting the Great Caliphate had sprung to the mind of many of the rulers.

Countries in France
FranceCount.png

(All names subject to change)
1 - Emir of Brittany
2 - Sultan of Normandie
3 - Sheik of Major Flanders
4 - Sheik of Lorraine
5 - Sheik of Minor Flanders
6 - Emir of Brabant
7 - Emir of the Rhein
8 - Sheik of Strasbourg
9 - Emir of Avengin