• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Too bad it did not go well, Georgia is not a really bad place but you should avoid the muslims for the first years, wait until their realms are broken by civil wars. You can attack pagans in the north instead.

And as Leviathan07 wrote, it is good to have as much land in your personal demesne as your king's intrigue allows and give your heir some lands. And remember wealth is power, the more you earn the stronger your army.

Leviathan07: If I would’ve known that about the fishery and forestry I would’ve built those first. It’s a good thing I did this AAR or I would’ve assumed training grounds were better in tough regions.

On the vassals I tend to let them go as long as they don’t rebel and if they do, that’s when I remove them. It seems a waste of bb to do it otherwise. Of course in this situation I should’ve made the exception considering land was needed but I also worried about its location considering it was next to the Turks. But when you’re annexed I suppose it doesn’t matter who its by.

And on a final note, I usually do give land to my heirs, or at least the oldest but I was sure they’d get annexed in this game and I didn’t want to lose any more land.

demokratickid: I like to think the game doesn’t really begin until 1080 or so since that’s when the leader I molded since childhood usually comes around. But Giorgi, he’s probably decapitated by now, or at least wallowing in some prison somewhere.

kadvael56: My biggest problem, I think, was not playing in that region often enough. I didn’t know, but should’ve anticipated, that the pagans and muslims found themselves in civil wars considering their size.

Thanks for the tips all.

demokratickid: I like to think the game doesn’t really begin until 1080 or so since that’s when the leader I molded since childhood usually comes around.

That's true. In most of my games, it ends up being some scheziophrenic, hunchb-backed, 1/1/1/1 guy who lives until he's 80 despite how many sicknesses he gets or how many times I put his life in danger... GRRR!

Pardon my rant... :D

That's true. In most of my games, it ends up being some scheziophrenic, hunchb-backed, 1/1/1/1 guy who lives until he's 80 despite how many sicknesses he gets or how many times I put his life in danger... GRRR!

All the more reason to adopt consanguinity or elective law ;)
Doesn't Georgia start out with such a law in 1066?

In the beginning of a game as a small kingdom it is generally not an issue if you rack up a lot of badboy points by annexing pagans and muslims. At leat under CKDV, you can lose them quickly enough once you go into bigger wars and force-vassalize Muslim OPMs rather than annexing them. With 1.05 though I guess you have to be more careful if you plan on holding vassals... Also the rebellions of vassals gives you nice opportunities to be merciful and improve your reputation again.

Later on, once you have, say, 10 or 12 vassals, reputation becomes more important and especially when you have a weak king I usually try to stay low and not risk loyalty losses. However before that I annex everything I can get. :D

And lastly if you build province improvements, my order of priorities is
1) courts of justice (if corruption buildings are present)
2) mine (giving you a fixed amound of +gold)
3) forestry, sawmill, tile factory (the stuff that gives +% gold and -% build time)
4) school, monastery or barracks (if the province is a capital, to improve education of my courtiers)
5) roads, road nets, harbor (giving you +% tolls as well as less attrition, faster movement, less shipping costs, and boni to cultural and religious spread)
6) churches, monasteries (+piety, +peasant loyalty), royal post (+burgher and noble loyalty IIRC)
7) whatever is left of item 4
8) spinning mills, and the other stuff that just gives +%gold

An interesting AAR thus far, I enjoy AARs over obscure eastern nations, I feel that the game is more exciting that way.

But as for the above rant, the best way to solve that is to change the inheritance law to the strongest son, and then to prevent the Martial 12, 1 1 1 1 schizophrenic son from inheriting, save a special title for the "Heir apparent" (usually a county or two + a ducal titles) and give it to the one you want to inherit; if a better one comes up byzantine (cheat) + remove the tag and give it to the better candidate. Since it falls under role-playing, it really isn't cheating, and the loss of loyalty from vassals could represent distrust in a monarch who cannot make up his mind.

This especially works well in situations like Lithuania, Castile, Navarre, and Georgia where there is a Kingly title by that name and and ducal title with the same title.

An interesting AAR thus far, I enjoy AARs over obscure eastern nations, I feel that the game is more exciting that way.

But as for the above rant, the best way to solve that is to change the inheritance law to the strongest son, and then to prevent the Martial 12, 1 1 1 1 schizophrenic son from inheriting, save a special title for the "Heir apparent" (usually a county or two + a ducal titles) and give it to the one you want to inherit; if a better one comes up byzantine (cheat) + remove the tag and give it to the better candidate. Since it falls under role-playing, it really isn't cheating, and the loss of loyalty from vassals could represent distrust in a monarch who cannot make up his mind.

This especially works well in situations like Lithuania, Castile, Navarre, and Georgia where there is a Kingly title by that name and and ducal title with the same title.

That's true, but in the situation I was refering too I had just (UNWISE) changed my laws to Salic Consanguineity (Spelling, I know... :() so that my one uber cousin could inherit b/c I had three daughters with my wife. Two years after the law was enacted, my little budle of crap was born when his mom was 35 (GRRR! :mad:). I had a terrible spymaster, so assassinating him was a risky proposition. Five years later, my guy died and this little devil inherited, and proceeded to live to a very old age... :(