+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Utility request

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries

Utility request

As you know, for the moment, there is a rather widespead issue of crash on second load. We have yet to find a solution. In the mean time, i thought we could have a small fix, until the problem is solved.

Would there be, among you guys, someone who could do an exe that would delete or simply rename the flagfiles.txt file ? and possibly open the eu3.exe ?

Is this feasable ? Is there a volunteer ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    As you know, for the moment, there is a rather widespead issue of crash on second load. We have yet to find a solution. In the mean time, i thought we could have a small fix, until the problem is solved.

Would there be, among you guys, someone who could do an exe that would delete or simply rename the flagfiles.txt file ? and possibly open the eu3.exe ?

Is this feasable ? Is there a volunteer ?
    Could you be more specific as to what it should do?
    //Hallsten

UPCOMING!Hallsten's EUrofi3r, CK to EU3 savefile converter
    Hallsten's Unified HOI2/DD/ARMA Generator Utility
    NEW: Hallsten's Unified HOI3 Generator Utility
    HOI2 sleep-event for Germany's Old Guard

I'm guessing:

1) Rename the flagfiles.txt and [flagfiles.dds?] to flagfiles.txt.bck (or such)
    [EU3 is generating the new flagfiles based off of the files in the directory, correct?]
    2) Set modpath/switcher to MEIOU
    3) Launch MEIOU

Should be that basic. Although another option would be useful:

Step 1
    Option:
    1.5) Delete cache files and map*.bin in MEIOU/map/cache
    1.65) Move vanilla/map/cache/time.bin and navaldist.bin into MEIOU/map/cache
    Step 2

I'd imagine fairly easy in XP [even a simple batch file], but I dunno how irritating for Vista UAC/etc problems. And no idea for anyone emulating this from some other platform.

95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Thsmar has nearly guessed it right. As the cache issue is a one time issue, and on some computer, we'll give the instructions to the player for that part.

Basically, the minimum i'd like such an executable to do is :

- delete or rename the file \mod\MEIOU\gfx\flags\flagfiles.txt, to make sure the game rebuilds it each time.

- either just launch eu3.exe or set the switcher to MEIOU and launch the game.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    After a message from Kalelovil, and after a small search on the web, i've created a .bat file that'll delete one of the flagfiles and start the launcher...

We're one step closer to beta 4...
    •

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    After a message from Kalelovil, and after a small search on the web, i've created a .bat file that'll delete one of the flagfiles and start the launcher...

Scratch that....

After a message from Kalelovil, after a small search on the web, and a post from thsmar, i've created a .bat file that'll delete one of the flagfiles and start the game...

Last edited by gigau; 07-02-2009 at 13:30. Reason: correction typo
    •

Scratch that....

After a message from Kalelovil, after a small search on the web, and a post from thsmar, i've created a .bat file that'll delete one of the flagfiles and start the game...

I guess I should of volunteered that info a bit earlier, opps.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II Collection
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

For all those being as short-tempered as me, here is a .bat that will delete the flagfiles.txt and start eu3 with the MEIOU mod.
    Just extract it to the EU3 root directory (e.g. c:\program files\Europa Universalis III) and execute.
    Attached Files

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Hehehe, rather what i did...
    •

+ Reply to Thread