• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And here is a little bonus, a sketch I made some time ago for fun only - it's how Bohemia would look like if it was a fantasy kingdom. The silly names are in fact a literal translations of Czech local names or they're based on their etymological meaning ;)

Hahaha that made me laugh a bit, I don't speak Czech, but as Serbian I do understand a few words of it :D And I`ll be visiting Treshold in few weeks :rofl:

The fantasy map is hilarious.

Also, glad to see Crna Gora experiencing freedom. Must be exhilarating :D

Sometimes I love when AI gets punished by Imperial events, and hate it when they hit me.

The "resistence to our rule" event fired at Cilli, but the Transylvanians keep holding it. I am thinking about giving them a core, to reward them - they somehow survived a massive HRE response :)

i'm proud of my namesake gabor :D
isn't it obvious that he's the legitimate heir to St Stephen's Crown?
hope we'll liberate and 'reconstruct' hungary :cool:

I am playing with the idea of doing it myself - as a vassal and a hussite country ;)

A good mini update, and it'll be interesting to see if Venice runs to you for aid or something unsuitable like that... :D

I honestly have no idea what's happening in Venice. They often get provinces, only to give them up week later - maybe there is some HRE bug, problems with legitimacy of their claims or something. One way or another, the Austrians wiped floor with them and since they joined the war answering their ally's call, I couldn't do anything even if I wanted.

Hahaha that made me laugh a bit, I don't speak Czech, but as Serbian I do understand a few words of it :D And I`ll be visiting Treshold in few weeks :rofl:

Yeah, I made it for fun - i was laughing myself when I was translating some of the names - normally you don't think about what they mean. Praha, for example, is derived from the word práh - which can be translated as either treshold, or door-step. The first sounds better ;)

I was inspired by the Atlas of True Names (I even stole few translations from that, pictures below) - it's an etymological atlas where the names of towns and places are translated according to their original meaning. In my map, I just literally translated the names. Sometimes it's etymologically correct, sometimes it's pure silliness ;)

For example, I took the name Šumava (Böhmerwald in German) and decided it is based on the word "šumět" - to hum, whisper, buzz. Or in the case of the town Pardubice - I think it names is derived from "pár" (a couple or pair) and "dubů" (oaks). I am probably wrong, but it doesn't matter ;)

It's also a reminder to English-speaking people that Slavic local names have a meaning, just as the English local names.

The fantasy map is hilarious.

Also, glad to see Crna Gora experiencing freedom. Must be exhilarating :D

I wonder how long will it last. I installed new AdInfinitum AI and I hope it will make the Ottomans a bit more aggressive.

---

Few shots from the Atlas of True Names:

0,1020,1361280,00.jpg
0,1020,1361275,00.jpg
0,1020,1361282,00.jpg

Now that is really cool.

Bohemia is called "Troopland", which means it has always been known for fierce warriors ;) :D

Awesome AAR. Plus its in MM, which increases the awesomeness. Also, I NEED THAT MAP! For I live in Bear Guard Home!!!

in

Since today is the anniversary of Jan Hus's martyrdom (and a national holiday, yay), I promise I am going to start working on another update.

Now when I said it I'll have to do it (*mental whipping*) ;)

Since today is the anniversary of Jan Hus's martyrdom (and a national holiday, yay), I promise I am going to start working on another update.

Now when I said it I'll have to do it (*mental whipping*) ;)

Quite an offtopic sorry, but I have to ask?

Is then today the day when in Prague they perform some large scale medieveal festival / show with bunch of actors, minstrels, simulation of combat and that kind of stuff ? I was in Prague two years ago, and didn't even knew about that, just stumbled upon it while was waking in the evening through the city ? Too bad I'm missing it this year.

While it is regretable that you have not finished Grey Alert, subscribed.

Quite an offtopic sorry, but I have to ask?

Is then today the day when in Prague they perform some large scale medieveal festival / show with bunch of actors, minstrels, simulation of combat and that kind of stuff ? I was in Prague two years ago, and didn't even knew about that, just stumbled upon it while was waking in the evening through the city ? Too bad I'm missing it this year.

I don't think so there are some annual shows like this. Cities usually organize these things on their own, so I don't know, sorry. The national holiday I mentioned commemorates the execution of "maester Jan Hus", so it's possible some towns and cities might have prepared some medieval show for citizens and tourists.

While it is regretable that you have not finished Grey Alert, subscribed.

I hate giving false hopes, but the saves and screenshots are still on my hard drive, waiting to be resurrected ;) I was almost about doing it few months ago, but then I realized I'd have to go through my previous updates and notes to find out what I wanted to do with the tons of screenshots I had prepared for the next update. Perhaps when I am finished with this AAR, I might return to the previous one and finish it, I don't know yet.

I just got back to Serbia from my 10-day trip in Czech Republic, and I was very eager for an update ... :rolleyes::D:cool: will I get some soon :confused::p