- This is an ALTERNATE
history of the Hussite revolution based on my latest Magna Mundi Platinum game. Hussites in my story are different from the Hussites in OTL (Our TimeLine) and so is the story of their rise to power, which in this AAR resembles the great reformation movement of the 16th century.
- Historically, Hussites were a bunch of idealists who fought a series of bloody wars in the first half of the 15th century. They shocked and scared contemporary Europe when their seemingly invincible armies of fanatically determined peasant-soldiers trashed one crusading army after another. Eventually, they forced the Church to make a deal with them, thus becoming the first heretical movement to survive Church's attempts to wipe them out like the previous heretics (for example the cathars from who the Czech word for a heretic - kacíř
It wasn't a success story, however. The wars left much of Bohemia devastated and improverished even by contemporary standards and the population of Bohemia shrinked by at least 30%. This had weakened the country so much that it lost its sort of major power status it used to enjoy during the reign of the Luxembourg-Přemyslid dynasty (ofted considered as the golden age of the medieval Bohemian kingdom) and eventually found itself under the Hapsburg boot. The hussite doctrine itself split into many creeds, most of which either died out or merged with the Lutheran/Calvinist reformers a century later.
- If you have absolutely no idea what the bloody hell I am talking about here, you should read the related Wiki aricles about John Wycliffe
, Jan Hus
, Hussite Wars
, History of the Czech lands
etc. It is not that important for this AAR, but it will give you some insight into the religious doctrines of the Hussites and the history of Bohemia.
- Despite that this is a story based on gameplay, I'll do my best converting the game events into somewhat plausible story (at least to non-historians).
- This won't be a long AAR, I don't plan to cover the whole 400 years of game. I am not sure yet at which point I am going to end this, but most likely I will stop once the Protestant Reformation spreads and the Hussites thus become just another of many Protestant creeds.
- There won't be many pictures, sorry. I am too lazy to install my Photoshop and try in vain to match the unbeatable pictures made by people like Milites or FYROM
There will be some, however.
- I beg for forgiveness of people whose style I am going to emulate. If you don't recognize yourself, it means that I am even more pathetic in doing so than I previously thought
- I am obviously not very good at English, so please, have patience with me.