• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How come the Commonwealth nations aren't in the Allies faction? :eek:o

I don't think they should be. They should be in an alliance with the United Kingdom. This system actually makes a lot more sense than lumping Canada and France into the same alliance from 1936.

How come the Commonwealth nations aren't in the Allies faction? :eek:o

A brief history lesson for you. In the run up to the Munich conference the Prime Minister of New Zealand (then considered to be the most loyal of the Dominions) stated quite clearly that under no circumstances would New Zealand fight over Czechoslovakia. As Chamberlian did not want to go down in history as the man who cost Britain her Empire he was left with no real options. In fact we consider that if Britain were to go to war without her Dominions it would probably have a negative impact on National Unity. In March 1939 the Germans would tear up the Munich agreement and one by one the dominions would align in behind Britain and becomes members of the allies. In fact as Britain you are a global power with global interests and your diplomacic choices reflect this.

I don't think they should be. They should be in an alliance with the United Kingdom. This system actually makes a lot more sense than lumping Canada and France into the same alliance from 1936.

Understandable.

I don't see any on that faction triangle though, except maybe either Australia or New Zealand at the top.

I wonder if British India will end up being a separate entity.

Wow, I can't wait to see what the "special' powers of the factions will be.
It's getting better with every week !

I think for the allies would be some kind of "unofficial war"...
So the USA can hunt german subs without beeing at war or send massive help to China (officers, aircrafts, weapons etc.)

Ahh, nice King.

Did you just drop a MASSIVE hint about Politics, though? Why did you have "National Unity" capitalized? It's something like Stability, isn't it? :p

Will we see the position of a country in the triangle also as some figures somewhere? I just thinking of 80 out of 150 countries concentrated in one place in the triangle... how will I find it?

Selecting the continents, factions, etc buttons at top, I guess.

What about puppets, demanding territory, expeditonary forces etc?

Take note that he is selecting himself, Germany. That means some options could be absent. The only ones that are showing are probably those available towards any nation. Obviously, something like Demand Territory would only apply to countries you have cores on.

At least I hope this is the way it is...

EDIT2: In HoI2, for example, you didn't have the option of "Release Puppet" unless you actually had that puppet selected. And so on and so forth.

National Unity was mentioned at Liepzig.

Don't think it was in the videos that were posted by visitors, or mentioned anywhere else, though, so it's new for people who haven't physically been in Leipzig :D Thanks :D

I wonder if British India will end up being a separate entity.

Tannu Tuva is. Knowing that the universe is unjust, I'd say India is probably out :(

On an unrelated note, nice to see Sinkiang properly aligned towards Comintern.

Last edited:
So... If Britain manages to ahistorically take Norway before Germany, will we see Finland joining the Allies, followed by a massive three-way as everyone declares war on the Soviet Union? :eek:

So... If Britain manages to ahistorically take Norway before Germany, will we see Finland joining the Allies, followed by a massive three-way as everyone declares war on the Soviet Union? :eek:

That is a very interesting question. ;)

I'd be interested to hear how power/size/prestige/badboy effect your drift.

For instance, all the baltic states will presumably be moving much more toward the Soviet Union than the SU is towards them....

any reason why in the triangle the allies get the statue of liberty , the commies get the hammer and sickle but the axis just a dark corner? I know you won't use a swastica but any chance of a SS sign or something along the facists line?

any reason why in the triangle the allies get the statue of liberty , the commies get the hammer and sickle but the axis just a dark corner? I know you won't use a swastica but any chance of a SS sign or something along the facists line?

No, now please go read the rules.

Still prohibited.

They could get the Fasces, however. But I think the dark corner is somewhat more aesthetically pleasing.

EDIT: Emu'd. Or King'd?

I like this. I just hope that the statue of liberty is replaced by something more general - if the USA goes fascist, the stature of liberty would be quite a poor symbol of the allies.

I think this could happen. But what would happen to Britain and the Empire if they attack neutral Norway?
This might well result in Britain fighting alone against the Axis and losing instead of taking on the Soviets with the help of the whole world.