• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really interesting! Get's better and better.

i am wondering, why does the communists and democrats not have the 'special' ability to declare limited war?

i would love the option, if playing the UK or france enforce the League of nations and declare a limited war on italy to save ethiopia, why should i not be able to do so?

You mean other way around (one Allies member vs. Commintern), right?

Of course any combination would be good for more flexibility. :D

No a limited war is one member of the Axis against all the other countries allies. That what it is.

no its not, Turkestan didn't exist until at least 1989 you probably mean sinkiang.

He means Turkestan. The former Soviet republic is called Turkmenistan (in english). (Sinkiang) Xinjiang is the Uighur autonomous region directly above Tibet. It is also known as East Turkestan as the people's there speak a Turkic language and are not part of the the Han ethnic group. Despite having a different language, different religion, and a different cultural identity (they don't eat pork!!) it has yet to gain independence. It's one of those parts of China that, according to the PRC, has always been part of China. The problem with the story is that the mandarin name, Xinjiang, literally means "new frontier."

As for the influence part, how is this going to reflect the relationships in the Far East? It's one thing to be pulled toward Democracy by the UK if you're France and you can go visit downing street. Quite another if you're China and the nearest UK government offices, (Hong Kong, India, Myanmar) are anything but democratic.

Another consideration is the issue of the USSR and communist China. Without hardcoding what will keep the Commies from influencing the Bolsheviks and using Russian troops to win the civil war. The Russian AI would have to understand that this means fighting the Japanese and the Americans and should do their best to avoid an overt alliance.

No a limited war is one member of the Axis against all the other countries allies. That what it is.

But we are talking about soviets agression on Poland.
It was Commintern vs one member of Allies.

So if I understand correctly Soviets will attack Poland if R-MPact will be signed?
Poland was in alliance with England and France. If Soviets declare war they should be also in war with the west... So, I do not understand anything now :wacko:
EDIT
Or will there only be independence guarantee for Poland by the west?

Seeing the resource icons next to all the countries reminds me of the horrible trade system in HOI2. Please Paradox, give us a better trade system so I don't need to adjust my trade agreements every single day of the game.

That was the single most annoying thing in HOI2, always having to fiddle with the trades. Maybe give us the ability to sell amounts over a certain number. Let's say I am producing 14 oil every day, consuming 2, and I only need 10 to build up my reserves. Then I can set up an agreement with say Germany that says that I will sell any increase in oil reserves each day above 10. Today that is 2, tomorrow after I have been bombed it might be 0.2.

Or maybe, the whole "continuous agreement" system should be scrapped, and only allowing one-time deals. But giving us the option to do automatic one-time deals every day/month whatever. Like "sell 2 Oil at the end of each Day for Supplies" or "sell any Oil in the reserves above 1000 at the end of each Month for Energy" etc.

He means Turkestan. The former Soviet republic is called Turkmenistan (in english). (Sinkiang) Xinjiang is the Uighur autonomous region directly above Tibet. It is also known as East Turkestan as the people's there speak a Turkic language and are not part of the the Han ethnic group. Despite having a different language, different religion, and a different cultural identity (they don't eat pork!!) it has yet to gain independence. It's one of those parts of China that, according to the PRC, has always been part of China. The problem with the story is that the mandarin name, Xinjiang, literally means "new frontier."

you're a little behind

Great nice cool terrific

Nice DD again.

about the triangle :
i am wondering if it is possible to have a 6-month/1 year view e.g. to see how much one country has moved towards some ideology...

that would be nice to see if it is being influenced, and by much or not!!!

Just a thought !!

keep it up Pardox!!

S
:rofl:

How does it goes with the governments in exile?
Like for partly occupied france and the "free france" of de gaule abroad. Will there be sort of two different faction, one deeply embedded in allies and one drifting slowly to axis?

It seems like you didn't read all pieces of information about HoI 3 yet. :)

I'm trying to, but have time to do it only once.
Any linky, please.