• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds excellent...

One question though (you may obviously not answer it if you're not willing) : are the R-M pact, Activate credit, Anschluss etc missions like in EU3:In Nomine ?

decisions

It's a special power you get if you are a member of the Axis, you can start a war and not call in your Allies. If you were like an Italian Dictator and wanted to say conquer Greece on your own without any help from your allies you would do something like this. It also allows Germany and Japan to be aligned together but not in war together against the Soviet Union. If Germany were to say declare a limited war against the Soviet Union then each Axis member would need to decide if they wanted to join the limited war giving a staggered entry into the war and some (say Bulgaria) not bothering at all.

Sounds incredibily useful, especially for Germany and Italy.

Some really nice features here. The possibilities seems endless!

For each new DD I think "Wow, it cant get any better than this"; each time I'm proven wrong :D

Does this also mean that countries from different factions can join the same alliance, like SU and GER in the Unholy Alliance, or SU and the allies?

One question though (you may obviously not answer it if you're not willing) : are the R-M pact, Activate credit, Anschluss etc missions like in EU3:In Nomine ?
decisions
Just to explain the difference for non-IN people: Missions are given to you by the game engine, they are stuff like "build more ships" or "conquer province X" (for a reward). Decisions can be taken by you (or not) whenever certain conditions are fulfilled. They are like events triggered when you want them. E.g. you might be able to demand the Anschluss of Austria whenever there are certain domestic political conditions, both countries are at peace and Austria is not in the Allies or Comintern (most likely plus other conditions that I didn't think of right now).

I don't think there will be missions in HoI 3, but the stuff in the lower left corner of the screenshot looks like decisions to me.

Logically I would say that Italy would get the option to ask their fellow Axis members to join in. Otherwise, the result is probably the same as with a normal war.

I would say it is a very reasonable decision...so to stay by italy, if they declare their limited war on greece and you see as germany that italy probably will lose this war, you can join the fight to prevent the defeat of italy...

I hope the AI actually uses the limited war feature, otherwise it won't be terribly useful.

Speaking of usefulness, is there any incentive to do this instead of a full war? Besides not dragging unecessary allies into the conflict and all that, do you get less belligerence (or "threat," or whatever the equivalent is called now)?

Just to explain the difference for non-IN people: Missions are given to you by the game engine, they are stuff like "build more ships" or "conquer province X" (for a reward). Decisions can be taken by you (or not) whenever certain conditions are fulfilled. They are like events triggered when you want them. E.g. you might be able to demand the Anschluss of Austria whenever there are certain domestic political conditions, both countries are at peace and Austria is not in the Allies or Comintern (most likely plus other conditions that I didn't think of right now).
Also I guess that Austria is ruled by the Austrian Nazi Party, that should come by event I guess as Austria was a One-Party State ruled by Fatherland Front

Last edited:
Also would say that Austria is ruled by the Fatherland Front (only legal party from 1934 to Anschluss)

Ehh, no, the Anschluss was precipitated by an Austrian Nazi coup which overthrew Fatherland Front.

The Fatherland Front was, of course, fascist, but they didn't want the Anschluss.

Wow, I can't wait to see what the "special' powers of the factions will be.
It's getting better with every week !