+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #12 - 14th of January 2009

Philosopher of the Future Alexander Seil's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Last one, ITA starts its own private little war, but the others can now pitch in.
    Is it a limited war for the other side? Does GRE immediately call in assistance from its allies?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Seil View Post
    Is it a limited war for the other side? Does GRE immediately call in assistance from its allies?
    No if Greece has allies they are all in War Against Italy.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions

No if Greece has allies they are all in War Against Italy.
    Thanks

One last question - are the options for the diplomatic screen finalized? It seems quite a few from HoI2 got the ax...

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Sounds excellent...

One question though (you may obviously not answer it if you're not willing) : are the R-M pact, Activate credit, Anschluss etc missions like in EU3:In Nomine ?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    Sounds excellent...

One question though (you may obviously not answer it if you're not willing) : are the R-M pact, Activate credit, Anschluss etc missions like in EU3:In Nomine ?
    decisions
    Markusw7 I'm so powerful i made Paris Hilton a productive member of society.
    Scipio Aemilius *Bows in reverence and admiration*

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

It's a special power you get if you are a member of the Axis, you can start a war and not call in your Allies. If you were like an Italian Dictator and wanted to say conquer Greece on your own without any help from your allies you would do something like this. It also allows Germany and Japan to be aligned together but not in war together against the Soviet Union. If Germany were to say declare a limited war against the Soviet Union then each Axis member would need to decide if they wanted to join the limited war giving a staggered entry into the war and some (say Bulgaria) not bothering at all.
    Sounds incredibily useful, especially for Germany and Italy.

Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks for the diary.

....ps... Non Aggression Pact

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Some really nice features here. The possibilities seems endless!

For each new DD I think "Wow, it cant get any better than this"; each time I'm proven wrong

Does this also mean that countries from different factions can join the same alliance, like SU and GER in the Unholy Alliance, or SU and the allies?
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Very nice feature, thanks for the DD.

Logically I would say that Italy would get the option to ask their fellow Axis members to join in. Otherwise, the result is probably the same as with a normal war.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusw7 View Post
    decisions
    Just to explain the difference for non-IN people: Missions are given to you by the game engine, they are stuff like "build more ships" or "conquer province X" (for a reward). Decisions can be taken by you (or not) whenever certain conditions are fulfilled. They are like events triggered when you want them. E.g. you might be able to demand the Anschluss of Austria whenever there are certain domestic political conditions, both countries are at peace and Austria is not in the Allies or Comintern (most likely plus other conditions that I didn't think of right now).

I don't think there will be missions in HoI 3, but the stuff in the lower left corner of the screenshot looks like decisions to me.

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Prussia Rules View Post
    Logically I would say that Italy would get the option to ask their fellow Axis members to join in. Otherwise, the result is probably the same as with a normal war.
    I would say it is a very reasonable decision...so to stay by italy, if they declare their limited war on greece and you see as germany that italy probably will lose this war, you can join the fight to prevent the defeat of italy...

I hope the AI actually uses the limited war feature, otherwise it won't be terribly useful.

Speaking of usefulness, is there any incentive to do this instead of a full war? Besides not dragging unecessary allies into the conflict and all that, do you get less belligerence (or "threat," or whatever the equivalent is called now)?

¡Por qué no te callas! Moderator Txini's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Gijón, Kingdom of Asturias, Spanish Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by G'Kar View Post
    Just to explain the difference for non-IN people: Missions are given to you by the game engine, they are stuff like "build more ships" or "conquer province X" (for a reward). Decisions can be taken by you (or not) whenever certain conditions are fulfilled. They are like events triggered when you want them. E.g. you might be able to demand the Anschluss of Austria whenever there are certain domestic political conditions, both countries are at peace and Austria is not in the Allies or Comintern (most likely plus other conditions that I didn't think of right now).
    Also I guess that Austria is ruled by the Austrian Nazi Party, that should come by event I guess as Austria was a One-Party State ruled by Fatherland Front
    Last edited by Txini; 14-01-2009 at 15:59.
    Hay quien ha venido al mundo para enamorarse de una sola y determinada mujer, y consecuentemente, no es probable que tropiece con ella.-José Ortega y Gasset

Ven a Ierusalem y sigue las aventuras de los Judíos contra el Yugo Romano. - Votaciones Aquí - terminado

¡Ahora, ahora, ahora Quini ahora!

Chairman of the Bored Sabre Man's Avatar
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Getting better with each Development Diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Txini View Post
    Also would say that Austria is ruled by the Fatherland Front (only legal party from 1934 to Anschluss)
    Ehh, no, the Anschluss was precipitated by an Austrian Nazi coup which overthrew Fatherland Front.

The Fatherland Front was, of course, fascist, but they didn't want the Anschluss.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Txini View Post
    Also would say that Austria is ruled by the Austrian Nazi Party, that should come by event I guess as Austria was a One-Party State ruled by Fatherland Front
    That's what I - vaguely - described as "certain domestic political conditions".

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

1 question:
    If u declare Limited War and u starting to loose can u request help from ure allies?

Lt. General
    EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Wow, I can't wait to see what the "special' powers of the factions will be.
    It's getting better with every week !
    ¡Ay, caramba!
    I'm going down to the Great river of Mississippi!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    How come the Commonwealth nations aren't in the Allies faction?
    I don't think they should be. They should be in an alliance with the United Kingdom. This system actually makes a lot more sense than lumping Canada and France into the same alliance from 1936.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast