• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great... Now Peti is asking me to get Oria's head for killing of one his race.

Glorious...

:D well done, Ori!

Well, at least Ray did his country a great service. :p

Nice update, anyways. :D

Good job. And for all, we are still looking for volunteers, so contact either Kurt_Steiner, me or rob!

tonigh or maybe tomorrow is mi turn MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!:D

tonigh or maybe tomorrow is mi turn MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!:D

As a song of Cabaret ssaid, Tomorrow belong to us.

Better update or you know,

muelte...

(Death for the non-Spanish speakers. It's a way of... of... encouragement, you know...)

As a song of Cabaret ssaid, Tomorrow belong to us.

Better update or you know,

muelte...

(Death for the non-Spanish speakers. It's a way of... of... encouragement, you know...)

Well, tomorrow never dies, as in 007 :p

Untitled-221copy.jpg

Sorry if i make a traduction mistake, but my english is highly oxidized

Last edited:
Good job. Let's make Stalin fear the Nordic Alliance!

I want in that delegation D:

come to canary islands and you have thousands hot-swedish girls:D:D:D:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Or Apache girls, depending on the chap, isn't it? :D

:p:p:p

I love the smell of hatred in the morning... it smells like... like... like victory... :D

Haha, victory is always accompanied by some hatred. :p

We finns don't need swedish blonds, as we already have a swedish minority called finlandssvenska who are enough blonds, and way too many finns are blonds too. :p

Finland got Petsamo only after the Treaty of Tartu in 1920. I wonder if in this alternative universe the East Karelian expeditions didn't happen, or something like that :S

Well then Finland should still have Repola and Porajärvi.

I think it's simply a mistake by the maker of the map. Finland's borders in modern-made maps depicting Finland or the area pre-1947 are almost never correct. Very sad.

EDIT:

History Lesson :)

The province that is green, was never legally part of Finland. The provinces of Repola and Porajärvi are there. They were back then, almost fully Finnish by population, and decided to join Finland by their own will, sending Moscow a simple letter that they have decided to join Finland. There were some battles in those provinces, private expeditions instead of real war though, unlike Polish-Soviet war.

North Ingria, which was an independent nation for a matter of weeks, also decided to join Finland, it was near Leningrad in shore of Lake Ladoga.

The Soviets saw these provinces important and did not give them to Finland. But in the Treaty of Tartu, they gave Petsamo to Finland, so that Finland now had access to the Arctic Ocean and Norway no longer had to border Russia.

In the Winter War, they took back the Northern Petsamo (Kalastajansaarento), and in 1947, Petsamo and a small part of Lapland.

Before Winter War, Stalin offered Porajärvi and Repola for Finland, in case Finland would seed a slight part of Karelia to USSR and allow them to set up military bases on Finnish land. Because Finland didn't agree to that offer as the Russians wanted way too much, Stalin declared war. Finland had to lose 90% of the whole Karelian isthmus along with Salla-Kuusamo which isn't included in HoI 2, but atleast Finland didn't have to suffer the same fate as the Baltic States...

Aha, someone already posted about the matter.

First of all, that's just half of the territories of Repola and Porajärvi. The green part of the map is actually what Stalin "proposed" to give Finland back of the areas of Repola and Porajärvi in 1939, in exchange for a piece of the Karelia Isthmus, the northern tip of Petsamo, the outer islands in the Gulf of Finland and some military bases on the rest of the Finnish soil. Even if we had accepted like the Baltic states had, plausibly crucially weakening our defense (Stalin's original claims on the Isthmus overlapped some of the Mannerheim-line), Stalin would have invaded. It's obvious not only because of what happened to the Baltic States despite them caving into the Soviet demands, but because the USSR had been planning to occupy all of Finland since 1935. Actually the first known Soviet plan to occupy Finland in its entirety was made already in 1932. The USSR had been building up troops on the Finnish border since the spring of 1939 and in July 1939 Stalin approved of General Meretskov's plan to invade and occupy Finland. So clearly the USSR was going to invade, no matter what. HoI2 portrays the Winter War extremely badly both event- and combat-wise. In the game you can just accept the Soviet demands (which IRL were only a fraction of the in-game demands) and voilà, eternal peace. Clearly the devs at Pdox have very little knowledge of this period of Finnish history.

But anyhow...

About N.Ingria: It wasn't independent merely for a matter of weeks, it was independent for a year and a half!

About Swedish blondes (lol): Actually, Finland has the world's most blondes (and we're the most blue eyed people for that matter), so we indeed don't need those Swedes. :p

EDIT 2: This isn't dead, is it? I see the last update was in February...

Last edited: