• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any news?

I´m afraid I have to say this is going to take one hell of a lot longer than I originally anticipated, as I can´t devote as much time to the mod as I´d like to, so bear with me, till the time comes round again.

Is this mod dead?

Is this mod dead?

No, but I just don´t get the motivational meter up to do something at the moment, otherwise I´d try and spring it to life... :D - Seriously though, no, it is not dead, I just had different priorities these last months.

Does anyone know how to change the colour of the writing? As you can see on the older screenshots, much of it retains it blackness and I can´t seem to find a gfx controlling it.

You did keep the green there still didn't you?

I did. At least, and here´s the fun part, I thought I did. Turns out, it was the wrong shade of green. Blimey.

Aaaaaand it did not do what I wanted it to. Interesting. Seems I have to modifiy the text.csv etc. And I´ll be damned were I to insert "§W" into 10k lines of excel....:wacko:

Anyone one experienced enought with excel can tell me how to modify cells that it´s just put in front of every cell by itself?

Maybe, though I am currently thinking of waiting and then converting into Victoria 2...

Would probably be a LOT easier, particularly for the map editting, etc...

It depends. In fact, the very basic graphics editing would be closed to me, because that is one area I am even less known for :eek:o

However, even though I currently cannot continue my work because the notebook is in repair, I have written up some thoughts about reasons to keep the earth map.

One of those included a different scenario idea altogether, based on the transcendent ending of SMAC. Meaning that the new formed life forms return from Alpha Centauri to Earth and start resettling, however in their case the former seven egos resurfaced ages ago and thus i´d still be allowed the use of the factions and ideologies. And so on and on :D

Of course, such an idea includes leaving the basic mod premise and makes this more of a spiritual than completely faithful conversion :eek:

Edit August 2010: With the release of the demo for Vicky II work has started on translating the current progress to the new game.

Edit: August 2012: Project died when I lost most of the data in a hdd crash a year ago.

Last edited: