What is this?
Have you ever been a fan of Sid Meier´s Alpha Centauri? But you also really like Paradox-Style-games? Then this mod for Victoria:Revolutions is for you! (And of course everyone else too, but especially for YOU
) Within this mod, we try to recreate the Atmosphere of Alpha Centauri, it´s classy tech dialogs and great desing choices with the greatness of one of, if not the best Paradox-game ever.
What is included?
- Adapted Graphics
- Adapted(e.g. copied over) sound-fx, music, quotes, much new text
- Adapted "Huge Planet Map" for maximum authenticness
- New Units, Techs, Ressources, Factorys, Parties, Nations, Crapload of Events and whatever the hell else we can think of putting in...
- 500 Years timeframe (2100 to 2600)
How fares development?
Goes well, goes well, currently in between alpha stage and design stage, we strive for, mhmm, a playable alpha in at the latest 2 months, if possible.
What is already done?
- Some interface-graphics, although by far not enough to make a single interface-mod out of it.
- Some fx have been made to fit the game, as well as main menu music, but more remains to be done
- A few technames have already been changed, but is still at an early stage
Where do you need further help?
- The map. If there is one thing I am not very able in, it is the map.
- Events (will need to study SMAC-stories and scenarios)
- Unitcount (not known at this point wether or not more than 3 land units are possible)
- many more things, currently not on mind.
Whom you got onboard?
- Project lead and handyman
Donnie´s little helpers
(these are the people nice enough to help out on the way!):
- flags and shields
And surely many more over the time...
Anything here is "Work in Progress"!