• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you so much! This is such an honor. I never thought that any of my AARs would get that honor. Thank you again!

Quite! I'd say that the PRC would use its superior productive and thus military capacity as justification for at least equal status with Japan within the Comintern. I sense future tension!

This is very exciting for me. :D
Thinking about it makes me excited: the pattern in which future nations are liberated could be in a way that keeps balance between different factions within the Comintern. I've been planning this for a while, and I'm really excited to see it unfolding.

Now to Ungarn von Sternberg? :p
No; unfortunately, the next post is basically about the rest of the world. But the post after that starts the next arc in the AAR, and one of my favorite arcs at that.

Ah, that makes perfect sense.

You really did your studies, Soonerborn. Kuddos to you.
Thanks! Although I hear that wikipedia isn't really reliable for studying.:D

well done on the award.

i think that most people who bash wikipedia are either too snobbish or trying to write a university thesis. its perfectly fine for fairly basic information.

Revolution Rises in the East
Chapter 7
-The Chinese are still weaker than us now, but we must look into the future. When the Revolution spreads to the rest of China, they could be stronger than us, economically and militarily.
-This would be good for the Comintern, but it would make our relative standing in the Executive Committee and the Bureau much worse.
-We must begin preparations to keep the Bureau from becoming merely the will of China.
-Perhaps an industrial plan now—before China is stronger—will be enough to keep our role as the leader of the Comintern.
-That is an excellent stopgap measure for now. Long term, however, we will need a counterweight to China’s will. Perhaps the addition of another strong Marxist-Trotskyist nation to the ComIntern would do the trick?
From the minutes of Japanese Politburo, 7 June 1937

The following is a short clip from a newsreel appearing in Japanese theaters in November 1937:

Arise, Workers of Japan! We bring you word of the International Proletarian Revolution.

In Iberia, the Spanish Civil War has taken another turn, this time for the better! Spanish Progressives have launched a revolution, and the Federation of Iberian Anarchists has risen up! Though they are still Western syndicalists and not true Marxists, they are by far the best of the three factions, as the others range from Reactionaries to even more Reactionary.

JPR81.png
In the Balkans of Europe, nationalism again rears its ugly head. In June, two separate wars broke out: Greece against Albania, and Romania against Bulgaria. Nationalism has made Greece do this, and in Romania, rightist forces have hijacked the government. The only good thing about these wars is that it weakens the Counter-Revolutionaries.

JPR82.png
Workers of Japan, rejoice, for the Japanese People's Republic is beginning an industrial expansion! Yes, there will be more factories owned by the People, more jobs for the workers, and more products for the nation and the Comintern! The Two Year Plan will build factories all across Japan, and industrial output will increase by up thirty percent!

JPR83.png
In late August, nationalism started more wars, this time in Central Asia. The Russian Empire encouraged Russians living in Alash Orda to secede; this started the Central Asian War. Nationalism leads to nothing but death and destruction! The world needs Marxist-Trotskyism to unite it. Have Marxist nations ever fought in needless wars against each other?

JPR84.png
The war quickly expanded as nationalism swept across the region. Soon Xibei San Ma, Turkestan, Mongolia, and Tibet were drawn into the war through nationalism and alliance systems, just as the Great War was begun! However, this will not start another Great War, for Alash Orda is facing most of these nations on their own, and the rest do not share borders with their enemies.

JPR85.png
In Europe, the Balkans War is nearing an end. Bulgaria has declared war on Greece, and much of that nation is now occupied by Bulgarian nationalists. However, the Rightist Romania has taken most of Bulgaria. Their wars of nationalism lead to nothing but the destruction of their nations! Only Marxist-Trotskyism can save them, and the world! The International Revolution is not far away!

JPR86.png

Have Marxist nations ever fought in needless wars against each other?

heh love the propaganda. there arent exactly enough marxist nations around to war with each other are there?

Hmm.. Unfortunatly I rarely see the C.N.T/F.I.A ever win the Spanish Civil War. Usually the Kingdom wins, or uncommonly the Carlists. Good update, I hope to see Japan paint the Pacific Red!

heh love the propaganda. there arent exactly enough marxist nations around to war with each other are there?
:D Bah. Details. The best propaganda is that which is based on a sliver of truth, anyway, so it all works out.

Good work! We can see the Rumanians working their magic in Europe... :D
The only magic being worked is the industrial might in the Great Leap Forward by the Workers of Japan! [/propaganda]

Yeah, if they can pull it off, they'll be the biggest power south of Hungary. That entire region is isolated from the rest of the world, with seas on two sides, the Ottomans on another, and Hungary/its satellites on the fourth.

3 way Spanish Civil War? I bet that 'll be ugly.
That's what I'm hoping for. I don't want either of the Monarchists to win, but I also want the syndicalists to lose so that the western leftists are still weaker than the Comintern. So a long, protracted war is just what the doctor ordered.

Hmm.. Unfortunatly I rarely see the C.N.T/F.I.A ever win the Spanish Civil War. Usually the Kingdom wins, or uncommonly the Carlists. Good update, I hope to see Japan paint the Pacific Red!
Why stop with the Pacific? We will paint everything Red, from sea to sea to shining sea!

In my experience with KReich, the Carlists tend to win. I played about five or six games with the mod and the Carlists won each time except when the Syndies won once.

Revolution Rises in the East
Chapter 8
CLASSIFIED / BUREAU EYES ONLY

RESULTS OF COMINTERN BUREAU VOTE ON
WAR WITH THE COMBINED SYNDICATES OF AMERICA

YEA: 5
NAY: 0​

The following is a short clip from a newsreel appearing in Japanese theaters in January 1938:

Arise, Workers of Japan! We bring you word of the International Proletarian Revolution.

In Spain, the Spanish Civil War rages on! The King of Spain continues his oppression of the Workers of Iberia; the Anarchist Federation has been pushed into a corner. While they may fall, this does not stop the inevitability of the International Revolution! The day will come when Marxism returns to Spain!

JPR91.png
Elsewhere in Europe, the Balkans War has finished. Bulgaria is no more! Yes, the Imperialists in Romania have completely destroyed that nation through nationalism and expansionism. This shows that Rightism leads only to the loss of everything the Proletariat holds dear!

JPR92.png
In North America, the Second American Civil War officially has ended. The Combined Syndicates of America, a supposedly progressive nation, has crushed all of its opposition. The Pacific States of America, meanwhile, were on the brink of losing their war against Mexico.

JPR93.png
The Combined Syndicates, while claiming to be progressive, let their true colors show. They are not progressive at all, but just as Imperialist as the United States before them! They have gone to war with Canada, not in order to spread Marxist-Trotskyism--the only reason to ever go to war--but over a matter of nationalism!

JPR94.png
It is the duty of the Communist International--with the Japanese People's Republic as its vanguard--to put this faux Progressive state in its place. That is why the Comintern has decided that a State of War now exists between the Combined Syndicates of America and the nations of the Communist International. Forward the Revolution!

JPR95.png
We must bring Marxism to the Workers of America. We must fight for the People!

JPR97.png

Yamamoto will roll over in his grave.... :rofl:

Holy Jeebus.

Welcome back Soonerborn. Uhhh, so, ummm, do you have transit rights with any of the CSA neighboring powers to refuel your ships etc? Otherwise it's a long trip to the eastern coast of the US.

Wait - who controls the Panama Canal? The CSA? And what about all of those islands in the pacific that used to belong to the US? Anyways - you'll figure it out.

I can't believe I'm rooting for a Marxist regime. :wacko:

Nice! But i am little sad, because Bulgaria is Romenian:mad:.... You must free the bulgarian people...:D if you whant :D

PS. CSA don't have ships yes?

Awww, all we wanted was some pickles :D

And what do we have here? A leftist power struggle? Hmm.... Not too dissimilar of the rightist balkan war that Japan was calling a bad example.
Btw, what's the CSA's current ideology?