+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Terra Universalis mod (no PTI)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Camara, may I suggest something? Your Mod is yet already extremely fun to play and in my opinion the best mod out there imo. But this is my subjective thought as I hate the waste land.. and hey.. you did remove it! Also the new countrys are great...

but there is really one thing I would love to see and suggest you. Could you merge any no time limit tech mod to your project? This would make a blast out of your mod. When I remember right, there are already some no time limit mods out there. I downloaded already one and notices that you dont have a defines.lua in your mod but the notime mod has one.. which makes it perfect. Also those no time limit mods would add edtied tech files so that there is no inflation after reaching higher years and when there is no tech to research anymore.. good thing is I noticed the tech folder wouldn´t influence your mod as you dont have techs in it.

But... there is one file I found which both mods would have and making merging impossible at least for me as someone who cant mod.. both mods have a triggered_modifiers.txt.

So my question is right now if you have any plans to make your mod with no time limit or merge another no time limit mod to your project?

It would make colonizing much more fun with little harder to play countrys. I always dislike it if I know "Oh my god.. 50 years and the game will end". But sometimes this is the point where the game starts to be fun (if played little countrys which can competite in late game with bigger countrys). Me and my friend both said.. your mod and a no time limit feature would add 200% more fun Even if your mod is already fun.. but the time limit is annoying in my subjective opinion. We love to play looooong, very loooong storys. We love to write new history and enjoy the game.

EDIT: Really no joke.. we played EU3 timeframe in just one weekend til the time limit. We were shocked that the game ends. So there is defenetly demand for a no time limit feature in your mod. We would love to expand our history and show the world that little one province states can beat huge monster countrys And also we dont want stress.. we simply want to play without thinking that there might be an end of timeframe in the game which will stop us playing our savegame.

For example there is one of these no time limit mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Time-Limit-Mod Maybe you can compare and find out what I found out... its the triggered_modifiers.txt in both mods which could be a problem. They are differend.
    I did not check the mod out (playing) but maybe you can gather impression there or connect with the creator of the mod and ask him for merge.
    I think I did read there that he has no problems with merge if people give credits.. dunno.

This here is your project and you can decide.. sure. But I believe this feature would improve your mod very hard. I bet a lot of people dislike time limits. Im not sure.
    Last edited by Nachtwesen; 18-03-2012 at 08:07.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Sorry Camara.. I just noticed now that you have a fresh version with no time limit in your latest post. I always downloaded an older version of your mod. You should update your frontpage in this thread... or I just had the old version installed.. maybe it was my problem

Good to see that this feature is onboard. There will be no inflation in very late years because all techs are researched?

Also what does "Note that after 1821 the world isn't updated" mean? What is not updated? I do not understand

Thanks for your mod.
    Last edited by Nachtwesen; 18-03-2012 at 08:16.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtwesen View Post
    Sorry Camara.. I just noticed now that you have a fresh version with no time limit in your latest post. I always downloaded an older version of your mod. You should update your frontpage in this thread... or I just had the old version installed.. maybe it was my problem

Good to see that this feature is onboard. There will be no inflation in very late years because all techs are researched?

Also what does "Note that after 1821 the world isn't updated" mean? What is not updated? I do not understand

Thanks for your mod.
    Hi, thanks :P
    You were not the first person asking for an extension of the timeline And yes, there is the updated version in the first page :P

Inflation should work as it did before. There are techs from 1821 to 2399, I created them. They don't unlock new units nor buildings but land tech still increases land morale, production tech increases production efficency, etc, so you still have advantages in advancing techs.

It means that if you start the game after 1821 the world situation will be the same as in 1821. Say, if you start in 2200 the world will be the same as it was in 1821, e.g. Prussia will be in Germany, Cuba is still Spanish, etc.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

Quote Originally Posted by Camara View Post
    It means that if you start the game after 1821 the world situation will be the same as in 1821. Say, if you start in 2200 the world will be the same as it was in 1821, e.g. Prussia will be in Germany, Cuba is still Spanish, etc.
    Ah ok I do understand now. Well this is not really a problem. I guess a lot of people start very early as usual in EU3.
    However.. now its just fun to know the end of game is not to early.

A friend and me just started a game as Denmark and Lübeck. We both play together and help each other and set differend goals.
    I know already a lot about EU3 but he is rather new to the game. But its already clear that he loves the game with your mod. Me anyway too.

So..
    As we will play your mod pretty hard next days and weeks.. I will monitor if there are any bugs and if so, I will tell you. But at the moment it is running just smooth without problems and bugs. It is much fun

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

I'm getting one of those effect_title thingys in decisions. Got it with both Castile and England.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Is the new version savegame compatible with the older version?

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by DeSean View Post
    Is the new version savegame compatible with the older version?
    I guess it isn't, as I added new countries, but I don't know.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

I have got an effect_title at the top of the national decisions. Can you please look into that. It is with multiple countries, so I guess it is a problem interfacing with vanilla.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
    I have got an effect_title at the top of the national decisions. Can you please look into that. It is with multiple countries, so I guess it is a problem interfacing with vanilla.
    I'll see it. That must be something with catholic/european countries, as the last time I played with Kongo I didn't remember seeing it (but I didn't play long).
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II

Colonel

Thanks! There is also a missing localization with the spread of humanism message.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

I just did a fresh install of EU3, did a file integrity check, and then installed the latest TU files. Everytime I install the mod the flag and shield completely vanish (not black, they're just gone entirely) and this make the game unplayable. Is there a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by sammyliimex View Post
    I just did a fresh install of EU3, did a file integrity check, and then installed the latest TU files. Everytime I install the mod the flag and shield completely vanish (not black, they're just gone entirely) and this make the game unplayable. Is there a way to fix this?
    You seem to be the only one with the problem, I'll try to do a fresh install to see if I can see it. Did you replaced the vanilla files or did you put the files in the mod folder?
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2War of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Terra Universalis is a great mod. This coming from a person who also has Death & Taxes, WWM, MEIOU, MiscMods, and fun2eu. Terra Universalis is my favourite one, especially the African nations, as most mods don't go into much detail when it comes to Africa and Oceania. If you haven't already, DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Camara View Post
    You seem to be the only one with the problem, I'll try to do a fresh install to see if I can see it. Did you replaced the vanilla files or did you put the files in the mod folder?
    I just tried using this mod and had the exact same problem (replacing the vanilla files).
    Here's an example from in-game. It's not possible to even open this menu by clicking anywhere in the top-left.
    Any ideas?
    Attachment 57188

Quote Originally Posted by howabe View Post
    I just tried using this mod and had the exact same problem (replacing the vanilla files).
    Here's an example from in-game. It's not possible to even open this menu by clicking anywhere in the top-left.
    Any ideas?
    Attachment 57188
    Ah that! That looks like a RAM problem? I had those problems when I had a Terra Universalis + SRI mod, it was so memory intensive that textures didn't load. And the game crashed after a while. Then I gave up on the TU+SRI because of this, as the current version (TU+Dei Gratia only) works fine for me.
    I don't know how to solve it, I tried the 2gb windows fix problem (windows limits .exes to 2gb of RAM max, and we can remove it) but it didn't work (in the first post you can find an old TU+SRI download that includes a program to do this). So I don't know how to help you if the problem is really this one .
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Can I add a suggestion?
    More channels!! Seriously theres a whole buch of places that could use channels, like most of the carebean islands, kurils with kamchatka, sakhalin (is this espelled righ?) with Hokkaido island in Japan, some island groups in Indonesia and Filipines, Smaland (Sweden) and Gotland, Beothuk and St. Pierre et Miquelon, Innu and Anticoste, between the 2 Hawaii provinces, Zanzibar and Pemba, Australia and Tasmania, between the two New Zeeland islands, South Finland and Estland, Logudoru and Corsica, Qingdao and Sanchan penisulas(China)

I know its extensive but I may be of help I already did most of this channels, I can send u the adsjacencies file if you want
    Last edited by DeSean; 04-07-2012 at 18:38.

Thank you for this mod, awesome!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2War of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Can I please have permission to use your mod as a template to create my own? I've been thinking about making a mod for a while, and I think EU3 is sadly lacking in mods about the Classical Era, circa 30 AD.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I cannot download it from gamefront. Is it possible for you to upload it to mediafire?

Oops, yes I'll put a link later today.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II

+ Reply to Thread