• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dec 26, 2008
Worst game I have played in ages. I know from experience that making games is never easy, but seriously this game shouldn't have even passed alpha testing.

Hit detection in combat is terrible. I swing through people's chests and nothing happens but if they swing three feet within me I get hit. There are also times where I deal zero damage to someone when hitting them before they swing a weapon at me that causes me to get thrown back instead of them taking damage as well as me. There is little to no response to mouse clicks (yes I have a working good condition mouse and computer). The game runs incredibly slow on a computer that runs other games (like Oblivion which this game grovels at Oblivion's feet just to bask in it's glory (and yes I realize M&B is said to be an action game)) very well at high frame rates.

Character creation could use some work but is somewhat in the right direction. When distributing your attribute points at creation it would be nice to have a - button in addition to the + so you don't have to reset all of the points if you clicked one too many times on something. Also, starting with more than 4 points to place in skills or attributes would be nice. Have all of the base stats at 0 and let people place them however they want.

There isn't much story explanation either unless I have just been incredibly bored by it with the endless amounts of enormous text blocks that seem to ramble on and on about nothing (and now causes me to write like that about the game).

The whole point of a game is to have fun and for RPGs to be immersed into the game as your character. This game has neither aspect.

The only completely positive thing I have to say about this game is that the music is actually decent. It flows well with what I would assume the theme of the game was supposed to aim for.

I could go on and on but frankly I'm disgusted that my hard earned money was spent on this game and is worth no more of my time as people I know in college game design courses at a nearby college have made better games.

So unless I got some mythical worthless version of this game somehow written into the CD instead of the real game, my rating is a 1/10 for the music and for the effort and willingness to sacrifice this game and all past or future games of any companies involved in Mount&Blade to a list of games I will never buy and tell other people to never buy as well.

-Angered Gamer

Whoah! You really don't like it do you?

I've been playing this game (in native) almost constantly since I bought it when it went retail, and my old favourites: Lord of the Rings Online and Red Orchestra are lying neglected. Ima lovin' it. Just downloaded 100 yrs war mod and Britain 1297 and am starting all over again! Great mods. And I'm getting the sh*t kicked out of me on hardest settings..:-(

It's been said before but bears repeating, don't think of it as a Role Playing Game, think First Person Shooter with swords and ponies.

:eek::eek::(if you dont like the game download a new mod, or better yet if posible make one. I dont know how to make one but hay give it a shot.

I dont see anything wrong with the game, yes theres not much of a story unless you get a good mod for it but everything else seems great to me.:D

you know what they say? love it or leave it.so make your choice

Worst game I have played in ages. I know from experience that making games is never easy, but seriously this game shouldn't have even passed alpha testing.

<snip..>

-Angered Gamer

Havent played the game in a while, but in my experience on its release it was extremely enjoyable. I didnt encounter any of the issues you mention and I played it for over three weeks straight. The only reason i stopped playing is that I just dont have the time.

I could go on and on but frankly I'm disgusted that my hard earned money was spent on this game and is worth no more of my time as people I know in college game design courses at a nearby college have made better games.

Hmmm, what are the names of these games. Sounds like you are just boasting or can you actually prove it with facts! Are they available to download or purchase? Or have they not actually been developed, just designed.

Personally speaking I prefer RPGs with story depth, but when I started playing MnB I couldnt stop playing it. The world invites you explore. The combat engine isnt perfect, but I actually felt involved in the battles and the AI does a good job here. Furthermore, I cant wait for some spare time to come up so I can try some of the great MODs that are available.

If you actually took a moment to understand the development path of this game, from bedroom development to worldwide release, youd understand that the game and the dev house has achieved an amazing amount and should be congratulated and I hope they go on to release a MnB II.

Thats my opinion at least. :)

I've had a few of these same problems but have been able to figure them out so.....

Hit detection in combat is terrible. I swing through people's chests and nothing happens but if they swing three feet within me I get hit.

- What weapon are you using? I find this happens to me but only if I'm using a big ol' 2H axe and I've just swung the handle through them. If this is the case, you need to back off and hit them with the blade and yes I think not knowing your opponents distance is a handicap wheither it's a case like this or when using a ranged weapon.

There is little to no response to mouse clicks (yes I have a working good condition mouse and computer).

- I've found that I can click my mouse a lot quicker than the game can keep up with. Try the thought that after you click you have to wait for your shot to be thrown before clicking again. Because of the combat engine style this isn't a mindless button mash. Just pounding the mouse would mean all your shots would go to the same side and to do it right you need to throw your shots where he's not defending right / left / overhand / thrust etc.... all have their uses.

The game runs incredibly slow on a computer that runs other games very well at high frame rates.

- Parts of the game are a graphics hog. Plus different mod's seem to use different amounts but it does sound like you're playing the game with everything on high. Have you tried turning down corpses & ragdolls? Blood off? No grass? As you adjust items there's a Pct% number down in the lower right of the screen that will show the performance %. Play with it some to get your speed up.

When distributing your attribute points at creation it would be nice to have a - button

- Totally agree

Also, starting with more than 4 points to place in skills or attributes would be nice.

- It's not always 4 as your inital choices are what decides where your starting stats are and how many points you'll get.

Have all of the base stats at 0 and let people place them however they want.

- Would allow more toon variety, might be nice as I don't generally do bows / riding archery so why waste points there.

There isn't much story explanation either unless I have just been incredibly bored by it with the endless amounts of enormous text blocks that seem to ramble on and on about nothing (and now causes me to write like that about the game).

- +/- kind of true but would a half hour HALO intro really mean that much? Or is it enough to know 'must kill aliens'?

The whole point of a game is to have fun and for RPGs to be immersed into the game as your character. This game has neither aspect.

- Yes the game is listed as a RPG and as I understand it, the first version was heavy RPG but that seems to have morphed into a 'first person, action "shooter" with limited RPG'. Since it's not multi-player just how much RPG could you really do? Unless you talk to yourself I guess.

I could go on and on but frankly I'm disgusted that my hard earned money was spent on this game...

- It's too bad that you didn't check out the web about it prior to buying and then tried the free demo to see if you liked it.

- My son's and I have just the opposite thought on the cost value of the game since the way taleworlds works we only had to buy 1 key for the 3 of us and between playing Native and the 5?6? mods we like we feel we got one heck of a deal cost vs value-wise

So unless I got some mythical worthless version of this game somehow written into the CD instead of the real game, my rating is a 1/10 for the music and for the effort and willingness to sacrifice this game and all past or future games of any companies involved in Mount&Blade to a list of games I will never buy and tell other people to never buy as well.

-Angered Gamer

Set the game aside for a while and try it again later. M&B doesn't play like any other game. You start out weak, you have to think out your fights, use terrian and tactics to not get wiped out etc... etc.... Go to the wiki page and read up on the game. See if you might have been trying the wrong things. I don't think you ever said how long you played for so give it another try with some knowledge behind you, and if you still don't like it that's OK.

Last edited:
lol..Sorry if i ask this..Are u buy Ori or Pirate DVD M&B.?

Set the game aside for a while and try it again later. M&B doesn't play like any other game. You start out weak, you have to think out your fights, use terrian and tactics to not get wiped out etc... etc.... Go to the wiki page and read up on the game. See if you might have been trying the wrong things. I don't think you ever said how long you played for so give it another try with some knowledge behind you, and if you still don't like it that's OK.

I Agreed this.^

I like this M&B but im not really like it when i try all MOD after play hard got own KINGDOM [ IM are King lastly swt ]
when i gave Fief to my lord [ Castle & Village ] sometime my lord only got castle not with village..after i capture Castle or Town.Got Bug ? pls tell me how to slove it.[ swt wrong path to discusse ]

Dude, sorry to hear that!

But for me, other than a short learning curve...it's very easy.

You may think you're aiming at the spot you want, but at 1st I was missing the mark.

You have to ACUTALLY LOOK at the target (center the screen) for best result. Your human eyes can pick up things in your peripheral vision that you would take for granted in real life.

Example, I was teaching my buddy to play the game. He was on horse trying to swing at (ground) enemies heads as he road by. He kept missing by going OVER them slightly.

He kept saying, "Dude, i'm totally trying for those guys"!! I said, well you're looking...but not Looking DIRECTLY to get your weapon at the correct level down for the swing. It's a feel thing and very intuitive...once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

* Keep in mind weapon ranges, a enemy with a long Axe will hit you from farther away 1st if you are only using a short weapon.

* You could deliver 0 damage if you are going backwards or sideways and take the energy away from your swing. This energy / Inertia technology is revolutionary and is why I LOVE this game. It also does the opposite and gives you mega damage bonus when you're going with your weapon the proper way. Example, charging with a horse gives you extra speed.

To each his own, but this game is the Best Game out there for me. I bought copies for my friends for Xmas....

"O"

i Agreed u also ^^ ur hubby same me at first time play need training after take hour or days u will get the rytham.alooohaa kill ur rhodoks hate ur spaer and lance...mat cibai
merry christmas and happy new year for me and my beloved wife and also for all taleworld makers [ M&B ] and freek forum man thanks for ur idea and sloving problem wann..Chau