• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About time the french take over. :p

Err...I forgot, how many french and how many British soldiers? I know there are more french, I think a lot more, and that the brit's are a small elite group.

Let's hope none of the main characters get Cholera

You've captured the differences between the Armies very well, I think. The loose improvisation of staffwork that has served the British so well in their small colonial wars will be inadequate to the needs of this larger conflict. The rigid regimentation of the peacetime army will have to go by the wayside also. Cathcart isn't so much a fool as he is the expected product of a flawed system. Britain will have a hard time accepting that the old ways have to change. France has always depended upon her army, and will both be better prepared for the war and better equipped to make any necessary changes.

Interesting stuff, buddy.

Kinda sad though - we're getting attached to your characters just in time for a bunch of them to get killed. :(

I definitely agree , it's part of robster's excellent prose to get us very attached to these young men :D Keep it up !

To All: I will write the next update this weekend, but will not post it until I have let a few more people catch up. I would expect monday or teusday I will post. Also, 3000th post! :D:D:D

AlexanderPrimus, canonized: Well, you know, even though we have already had 7 chapters of introducing characters, I don't feel we know any of them nearly as well as we should. I will try and remedy this over the next few updates, as well as meeting some new 'uns.

comagoosie: The Army of the East has 30-35,000 Brits, 45,000 French and 7,000 Turkish and Egyptian forces. Under Raglan, St. Arnaud and Omar Pasha.

Director: You really always show your brilliant feel for the attitude of the 19th C. in this and in Special Providence. The British haven't had to do big logistics, yes, and their improvised system has worked well since Napoleon's defeat. The French, however, have had to learn through exeprience in Algeria, something I intend to press home throughout this story, that organisation and planning is key to success.

Enewald: Well for now, the Russian army is on the Danube, so the Crimea is not the place the British have to be if they want to defeat the Russians. In two updates time I will go over this very thoroughly.

Ok, a little update here.... well big update... I'm calling Correspondence to a hold. I don't know how long for, but I feel that this isn't advancing in the way I want it to. With all the hassle over my computer crashing and just being able to save the save game for CAF, I doubt I have much time for narrative, and with the serious lack of any planning this simply isn't something easy to write on the side of CAF, which is my main AAR effort. I am away for the weekend and will likely have little to do, so I am already researching and planning out my next AAR which, out of the ordinary for me, will be on the EU:3 sub-fora entitled 'Land of the Mindnight Sun'. I'll stick a link when I start it. Don' think your reading here was in vain, I will come back to this one day, when I feel my writing is mature enough to handle such difficult topics.

big speech...

WEll, good to hear you'll eventually come back to this. WEll, looks like I'll just have to read your EU3 AAR too... :D

Last edited:
Robou, I am quite saddened to hear that you will not be continuing this AAR, I have only recently discovered it and was enjoying it immensely.

Regardless, I would like to congratulate you on winning Character Writer of the Week for Correspondence's many fine characters. :)