• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks guys, your wishes must have worked! ;)

Part XV - Expansion for dummies (1568-1570)

Let's have a short update with concentrated victoglory then. We'll have 3 victories in 2 years. Hm, now that I think of it, I should recalculate that conquer rate some time, it used to be a cool statistic.

Look, the Mamluks are in shambles.

409.jpg

However, our War Exhaustion has risen higher than I would like it to be in our struggle with the Timurid beast. So I intend to wait a while before I attack.

410.jpg

And we have a lot of rebels popping up still. Some have been successful, we're working on that. But our first colonist arrives on the Andamans!

411.jpg

I can't muster the patience, Cairo looks too tasty :p

412.jpg

ADAL is declared alliance leader. This 4-province African tech group nation without forts is situated next to my Somalian colony. They are overrun in no time at all.

413.jpg

The only force of significance is the Mamluk navy, but we decide to ignore them.

414.jpg

His Imperial Awesomeness signs the Militia Act which should make our legionaries even cooler. It does shift the Centralization slider past its limit though.

415.jpg

We move a slider towards Free Subjects and lose a bit of inflation. 6% cheaper tech effectively!

416.jpg

Our victoglorious troops enter Cairo in October 1569.

417.jpg

Then some upstart Bengal rebels start their own country.
Silly silly silly.

418.jpg

We sign a separate peace with the Mamluks. We get Cairo and all of their provinces on the Nubian coast.

Alliance leader Adal becomes a cute little vassal.

419.jpg

Knowledge of the provinces on the Cape and surrounding seas spread to us. We hope to colonize it, but it is still too far away.

420.jpg

And we gain our first vassal on the Indian subcontinent. Note the rebel-held Orissan territory to the east. It's occupied by patriots and we have good hope it will defect to our vassal. Yay.

421.jpg

Summary:
- 2 new vassals, Bengal and Adal
- Cairo
- colonized the Andamans and discovered Cape provinces

Altogether, a more than decent dose of victoglory!

Let's have a short update with concentrated victoglory then.

The USDA recommends at least 1 serving of Victoglory per day, but have we done enough studies to see if concentrated victoglory is safe for human consumption?

Concentrated victoglory seems particularly hazardous for your neighbours.

Victoglory! - a scent for conquerors.

Warning: May cause irrational need to beat neighbors up and take their stuff. Not suitable for small children, pets, heathens, or heretics.

Warning: May cause irrational need to beat neighbors up and take their stuff. Not suitable for small children, pets, heathens, or heretics.

*His Imperial Awesomeness does not take responsibility if your neightbor suddenly after using "Victoglory! - a scent for conquerors. TM" make a claim for half your garden.

This is a great AAR and I have really enjoyed reading it. I hope that a new update will be coming soon.

I wonder if my coworker was wearing this when she came a liberated my space heater for her own use.

Congratulations on the AAR. I just caught up with all the Victoglory:).

There is only one thing that annoys me. I'm just finishing a Byzantine campaign and you managed to expand more than I did by this point. How did you do it? In about this year I had my ass handed back to me by Milan, Bohemia, GB, and Austria. Any tips?

I'm asking because I am considering starting a campaign with one of the Romanian countries and would like to make a nice Romanian Empire:p