• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bombshellboi

Lt. General
98 Badges
Dec 17, 2003
www.twitter.com
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Ok I posted this on the original EU3.

I now have NA and IN and im still having this.

I cant open the console. At all.

I try the corner/tilde key, and the is it shift 2 and 1 or alt 2 and 1.

Nothing.

Any ideas why I cant?

Your goal is to type a "§". You actually don't need to start EU3 to test if you have the right combination; if it works in Notepad, it will work anywhere.

For me (on a laptop), it's Fn+Alt-2-1 (edit: the 2 and 1 are on the pseudo-number pad, which is why I have to use Fn; using the numbers along the top won't work).

Last edited:
Make sure num lock is on. ;)

Make sure num lock is on. ;)
Not always necessary; depends on the computer. I have some laptops where the numlock is not needed just as MichaelM described and another where I need to use Fn-ScrLk to activate NumLock, then Alt-k-j to generate §, then Fn-ScrLk again to remove NumLock. Others may need to have NumLock active AND hold the Fn along with Alt-k-j .

And if you have problem with Right Alt (using Right Alt for localized keyboard to create national character) you need to use Left Alt + 21 on NumPad.

First I pressed F12 for console - standard for PI, nothing. Then I read that console is triggered by Alt+21. I thinking WTH? Nothing. I had same problem until I figured out that under good old DOS&Win 3.1 I used LA not RA. :eek:o

§

what is wierd is that I can generate that key in a console, but not in the game.........frustrating......I wish it could be changed to another key, but I doubt that will happen.

So what I did was use autohotkey to make a script to map it to f12

Here is the complete script:
f12::
Send §
Return

and here is a linky to a compiled version:
http://www.stormpaintball.com/eu3/eu3cheat.exe
Run this and it will remap your f12 as § to make it easier and more like other paradox games.

To stop the mapping hit the green "H" icon in your system tray.

Enjoy!

Reactions:
Yes, a very good idea. Probably should add a link to the utility in the wiki.

3 line script
200 kb executable.
:wacko:

Is that a problem like?

Also will this program interfere with updates for the game?

EDIT:
The reason I ask is because I (In the UK) do not have that key on my keyboard, at least I dont appear to.
And the Alt and numbers thing doesnt work either.

I press and hold the left ALT, the hit 21 on the keypad with numlock on, then release ALT. Works every time.

Edit: Oh crud! Somehow I had gotten this thread on the first page and I thought is was fresh! Oops. :eek:o I guess it isn't as bad as when I brought the Star Trek thread in the OT back to life after being dead for like a year.

I olso have the same issue, not one of the keys i found work,s.
What version of the game?
Are you using a keyboard with a numpad?

I don't even know what that is a numpad. I,m a total nood with laptops.

I,m using version V3.2 And its actualt eu3 complete but i can only play IN mod
numpad is the separate rectangular block of number keys that desktop keyboards and some large laptops have.
Most laptops without a dedicated numpad give you a way to emulate one using other keys on the keyboard but many of the latest ones seem to have dropped this feature. To use the "alt" key sequences to generate special characters the numbers must by typed on the numpad, not on the numbers across the top of the keyboard.

If you don't have a § key on your keyboard I would suggest looking at the "autohotkey" program mentioned earlier. As also mentioned, you need to use it to bind the § symbol to some key. Newer versions of the game (Divine Wind) allow you to use the ` (backtick) key instead which is far more common than §.

numpad is the separate rectangular block of number keys that desktop keyboards and some large laptops have.
Most laptops without a dedicated numpad give you a way to emulate one using other keys on the keyboard but many of the latest ones seem to have dropped this feature. To use the "alt" key sequences to generate special characters the numbers must by typed on the numpad, not on the numbers across the top of the keyboard.

If you don't have a § key on your keyboard I would suggest looking at the "autohotkey" program mentioned earlier. As also mentioned, you need to use it to bind the § symbol to some key. Newer versions of the game (Divine Wind) allow you to use the ` (backtick) key instead which is far more common than §.

Thanks for your advice. I just followed the link that Sneezing Lion pasted above (the stormpaintball one) and it works perfectly on my Win7 laptop. The problem I was having was that it didn't even have the dummy numeric keypad on it so I was completely stuck.