+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: HandDrawn Map by Strannik v2.x

Quote Originally Posted by The Swert View Post
    Once again it says too many calculations, 66 but max is 64. BTW I'm trying to use this with 1.3. I know you've said it's not supported but I expected a different type of error than this. The 1.21 version used to give me no error log at all when it crashed.
    Oh I see, ok let's work out this together. I need you to compress and post the following files from your vanilla folder:

- terrain_2_0.fx
    - water.fx
    - borders_2_0.fx
    Look at my map: HandDrawn Map 2.3 Now for HttT

My bugfix: Intel blue map workaround for IN

and my guide: Guide to Modding Fonts

Member of the Magna Mundi team

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
    Oh I see, ok let's work out this together. I need you to compress and post the following files from your vanilla folder:

- terrain_2_0.fx
    - water.fx
    - borders_2_0.fx
    There you go.
    Attached Files
    Swertic Tales

--------------[The Book of Saint John Series]---------------
    Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III
    The Last Knights and the Book of St John
    --------------------more info at my Inkwell-------------------
    Medieval World 3 - EU2 LibrAARy - ACA Archive
    I was canonized 1/12/2008

One more question. Could you please post the contents of your 'system_error.log' after the crash?

Blog Entries
    One more question. Could you please post the contents of your 'system_error.log' after the crash?
    This is the log after the 2.11 crash:

Code:
    Clausewitz Error[effecthandler.cpp:21]: D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed for file: mod\HandDrawn Map\gfx/FX/terrain_2_0.fx with error: C:\Program Files\Games\Europa Universalis III\mod\HandDrawn Map\gfx\FX\terrain_2_0.fx(395): error X5608: Compiled shader code uses too many arithmetic instruction slots (66). Max. allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 64.
    C:\Program Files\Games\Europa Universalis III\mod\HandDrawn Map\gfx\FX\terrain_2_0.fx(873): ID3DXEffectCompiler::CompileEffect: There was an error compiling expression
    ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed
    Swertic Tales

Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Mukashi, I'm terribly sorry I didn't see your answer before. I don't understand what may be causing the problem since the mods have no files in common. Please try with version 2.11 I will post it now.
    Same error again with the 2.11 copy. Uploading a screenshot.
    Attached Images

Beautiful mod! The spirit of Pishtaco truly dwells within.

If anyone notices a bunch of white tiles in the terrain map when you first load, just let the game run for a bit; they go away.

Strannik, you mentioned you had used something like this for a fantasy game, I think? I'm curious about which game that was; because the trees do look strangely familiar to me...

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Was able to find a fix. The ATI fix extras files from MMP1.4 cleared the error right up, with any version of this map. Don't know why, since they don't share any files, but I'm not complaining.

The Swert, try this:

HDM for NA

And let me know how it works. If you get a crash please post the contents of the 'system_error.log' after the crash. Don't forget to clear the caches! Also which version of EUIII is the one you have?

Mukashi, I'm so glad you made it work! I would have never guessed that was the solution!

Wretched Gnu, I'm glad you like the mod! Regarding the white tiles, they appear because you didn't deactivate the trees. As for where did I get the textures, I didn't get them from any game. There was a very interesting blog in wordpress that consisted of hundreds of fantasy maps. Among them there were some maps from a warhammer world and I took the mountains, and two types of forests from there.

Blog Entries
    The Swert, try this:

HDM for NA

And let me know how it works. If you get a crash please post the contents of the 'system_error.log' after the crash. Don't forget to clear the caches! Also which version of EUIII is the one you have?
    I have 1.3. Here's the new log:

Code:
    Clausewitz Error[effecthandler.cpp:21]: D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed for file: mod\HandDrawn Map\gfx/FX/terrain_2_0.fx with error: C:\Program Files\Games\Europa Universalis III\mod\HandDrawn Map\gfx\FX\terrain_2_0.fx(413): error X5608: Compiled shader code uses too many arithmetic instruction slots (65). Max. allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 64.
    C:\Program Files\Games\Europa Universalis III\mod\HandDrawn Map\gfx\FX\terrain_2_0.fx(922): ID3DXEffectCompiler::CompileEffect: There was an error compiling expression
    ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed
    Swertic Tales

Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III

Is there a fix to the white map problem? I really wanted to play with this map on the WWM, but I can't. Is there any chance you can use a differance pixel shader and fix the problem?

Mr Breeze, try using the patch from 2.21 to 2.12. You can find it at the beginning of the thread. Try and let me know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Breeze View Post
    Is there a fix to the white map problem? I really wanted to play with this map on the WWM, but I can't. Is there any chance you can use a differance pixel shader and fix the problem?
    Try using version 2.11, all other versions show white maps for me too

Okay if you wanna play WWM just go into its mod folder and run the graphics switcher program and it gets rid of the Hand Drawn Map. But i suggest just downloading the 2.11 (go up a few posts some1 posted a link to it)

The Swert, damm I was afraid it would come to that but I had no option. You will see only one forest texture in the political map but hopefully it will work. Try again:

- HDM for NA

Mr_Breeze and ADP101, here is a patch into 2.11. This way you don't need to erase any WWM files and still use 2.11. Just unrar in the main WWM folder.

- HDM(any) to 2.11

Let me know if it works.

The SwertThere was a very interesting blog in wordpress that consisted of hundreds of fantasy maps. Among them there were some maps from a warhammer world and I took the mountains, and two types of forests from there.
    Well you've done an amazing job with the material, which couldn't have been easy.

Thanks!

It's working and looks great. I have some strange black spots spread around the map though. The ones in naxos are really annoying. How do I put your custom font and the files to customize borders in? Can I use the ones that came with my WWM download?

Last edited by Mr_Breeze; 28-01-2009 at 00:52.

Blog Entries
    The Swert, damm I was afraid it would come to that but I had no option. You will see only one forest texture in the political map but hopefully it will work. Try again:

- HDM for NA
    Well we're making progress, it now loads. However it's still got problems. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like on terrain mode:

Swertic Tales

Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III

[QUOTE=Mr_Breeze;9291049]It's working and looks great. I have some strange black spots spread around the map though. The ones in naxos are really annoying. How do I put your custom font and the files to customize borders in? Can I use the ones that came with my WWM download?
    QUOTE]

Regarding the black spots here is what you should do:
    - Install WWM again overwriting all files.
    - Download the patch into 2.11 again(since I added the customizable borders) and apply it.

That should do the trick.

Regarding the font download this file:

AM Map Bold

and unrar it into your 'EUIII/gfx/fonts' folder. This will change it for all your games. However if you want to go back download the fonts restoration at the beggining of this thread and follow the instructions I give.

Ok I switched from the 2.11 you refered to 2.12 and that fixed the black spots for the most part. At least in Europe the only one I see is in Naxos in WWM. Is there anyway to set the distance at which province names disapear? I like to play zoomed out kinda far. I would like to be able to see the names when I do.

The Swert, I changed some things. Please download and try again.

HDM NA

Also if it doesn't crash could you please post screenshots of both the political and terrain map?

Mr_Breeze, I'm glad it worked for the most part . If you reinstalled WWM as I told you and apply the 2.11 patch then any black spots may be due to inconsistencies between the different map files in WWM

Regarding the font and zoom, not that I know. You are not the only one that have asked me but I have not taken the time to look. If I find a way I will post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast