+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: HandDrawn Map by Strannik v2.x

Mohatma, I'm glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    Downloaded 2.02.. how do I remove country borders?

I read the bit about changing to blue or red but I can't find anything about removing them entirely (like on your screenshot).

Mandead, That's because I didn't include the right file in the release . However that's fixed now.

You don't necessarily need to download them again though. Just add the following line so that it looks like this:

//Cntr_Brdr_clr = float3(0.7, 0.0, 0.0); //RED
    //Cntr_Brdr_clr = float3(0.0, 0.0, 0.7); //BLUE
    OutColor.a = 0.0; //NO BORDERS
    Look at my map: HandDrawn Map 2.3 Now for HttT

My bugfix: Intel blue map workaround for IN

and my guide: Guide to Modding Fonts

Member of the Magna Mundi team

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow! I might have to get NI now. This is making the game look like it should have from day 1! Not dark and gloomy, but a vivid yet contemporary cartographical depiction. Love it!
    "The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men." - Alexander Hamilton

>>Merlin's Graphics Mod for EU3<<
    -->Discussion Thread<--

>>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by merlin2199 View Post
    Wow! I might have to get NI now. This is making the game look like it should have from day 1! Not dark and gloomy, but a vivid yet contemporary cartographical depiction. Love it!
    Merlin keep your stuff coming as well, so we can combine them all to get the perfect graphic mod.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

I made a mistake in the previous upload so if you cannot make the borders to show, you will need to download again. The only file you really need to replace is "terrain_2_0.fx"

Now when I launch a "default" game (as opposed to the "HandDrawn Map" mod), I have the province name writing style of the hand drawn map mod; and I also have river colours which are not the "default" vanilla graphics.

How can I launch a "default" game which has the original vanilla graphics without deleting the HandDrawn Map mod?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Thomas View Post
    Now when I launch a "default" game (as opposed to the "HandDrawn Map" mod), I have the province name writing style of the hand drawn map mod; and I also have river colours which are not the "default" vanilla graphics.

How can I launch a "default" game which has the original vanilla graphics without deleting the HandDrawn Map mod?

Thanks in advance

You need to go to the vanilla 'gfx/FX' and restore the file called 'rivers_vanilla.fx' into 'rivers.fx' Just rename the files. Do the same for the files 'Tahoma_60_vanilla.fnt' and 'Tahoma_60_vanilla.dds' in the vanilla 'gfx/fonts'. Do this back and forth whenever you want to change them. This is a problem with EUIII in the sense that those things are not optimally modable

If you want to restore the original rivers and fonts follow this steps:

- Download this file:

http://files.filefront.com/Vanilla+R.../fileinfo.html

- Unrar into the vanilla folder overwriting everything.

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
    NOTE FOR MODDERS: If you want to use this mod in a map just let me know. If your mod has its own 'terrain.bmp' and 'provinces.bmp' I can generate the 'colormap.dds' and 'colormap_water.dds' for your mod if you send the files to me.
    Would you mind doing this for me?

Link to the files
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Would you mind doing this for me?

Link to the files
    Of course not, but you sent me the topology.bmp not the terrain.bmp . Send it again.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Ok here they go. Just overwrite the other ones.

http://files.filefront.com/colormaps.../fileinfo.html

Let me know if you have any trouble

Blog Entries
    Ok here they go. Just overwrite the other ones.

http://files.filefront.com/colormaps.../fileinfo.html

Let me know if you have any trouble
    Thanks a lot!

Get it HERE!

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    For information : thanks to Strannik's great help, the upcoming MEIOU:JV shall be availlable for TOT and HandDrawnMap
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

- Download this file:

Thanks very much, Strannik.

My "dream" set-up would be this: HandDrawn Map for "terrain" mode, but with "advanced" water and vanilla fonts; and vanilla for "political" mode, with "advanced" water and vanilla fonts.

When In Nomine was released, "advanced" water was disabled for the Political map mode. But Modestus created a download which re-enabled "advanced" water for the political mapmode. I downloaded it right away and have used it ever since. Here it is: http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=371845

This "advanced" water graphics mod is the only graphics mod that I'm using; I've changed quite a few things in the "static modifiers" and "defines" files, but nothing to do with graphics.

I mention the "advanced" water mod in case it has any effect on using your mods. If my "dream" set-up can be made into a download file, I would be grateful. Either way, thanks for this fantastic graphics mod.

Thanks very much, Strannik.

My "dream" set-up would be this: HandDrawn Map for "terrain" mode, but with "advanced" water and vanilla fonts; and vanilla for "political" mode, with "advanced" water and vanilla fonts.
    Marshall Thomas, I'm very sorry but none of this cannot be . The animated texture that makes the advance water move is the static texture I use to imprint the pattern on the ocean so you can only have one of them installed at any given time. As for the fonts the game is harcoded to use the same font for both maps so it's one or the other. Sorry.

- Download this file:

After doing this my fonts have been restored to vanilla, but my rivers haven't; they're still dark (they're black, when I zoom in).

What am I doing wrong that's preventing rivers from being restored to vanilla color? Thanks in advance

After doing this my fonts have been restored to vanilla, but my rivers haven't; they're still dark (they're black, when I zoom in).

What am I doing wrong that's preventing rivers from being restored to vanilla color? Thanks in advance
    Are you by any chance still running the mod? if that's the case then you must rename all files in the 'map/terrain' and 'gfx/FX' mod folders whose name starts with 'river'. Just add something to the name and that will make EUIII ignore them. If you want to use them again just make the name as it was before.

Are you by any chance still running the mod? if that's the case then you must rename all files in the 'map/terrain' and 'gfx/FX' mod folders whose name starts with 'river'. Just add something to the name and that will make EUIII ignore them. If you want to use them again just make the name as it was before.
    No, I'm definately not running the mod. The writing style of the province names are back to vanilla, but the rivers look very different.

can I install it over Sacra Romanum Imperium 2.2b? Do I have to use the MMP version if I want to do this?

No, I'm definately not running the mod. The writing style of the province names are back to vanilla, but the rivers look very different.
    Marshall Thomas, this is very strange, did you overwrite any of the vanilla files with those of the mod? Do the following check. Tell me the size of the 'river_movement.tga' and 'river_movement.dds' in your vanilla '/map/terrain' folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
    can I install it over Sacra Romanum Imperium 2.2b? Do I have to use the MMP version if I want to do this?
    Simon B, I'm not entirely sure. There is however, a very easy way of checking: If the Romanum Imperium 2.2b has a file called 'terrain.bmp' inside the mod folders you probably need a customized 'colormap.dds' and 'colormap_water.dds'. Just send it to me and I will do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast