• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EnragedKiwi: It's good to be the king!

Enewald: So if you have a long absence, we'll assume you found one? :D

Jaspume: Thank you!

Chapter 10: Rebels and Muslims and Italians, oh my!

June 4, 1437: France declared war on England. Shocking.

September 1: Another 3 star navigator shows up. The main reason to take QFTNW early is so that you spread out colony costs and get cores earlier. I give up my 5 star reputation adviser, on the theory that I need minting and range more.
C10_091_GutierrediBenavides.png

November 2: In a show of my prowess at naval administration, I forget completely about my explorer (I lost one already during the interlude due to forgetfulness) and lose 1 carrack. My remaining carrack is at an awe inspiring 2%, but can make it back OK. I've lost 5 of my starting carracks now to idiocy. Good job, me!
C10_092_Forgottenexplorer.png

June 10, 1428: Burgundy declares war on Hainaut, and I realize I forgot to warn them again. Here comes the smack down!

August 1: More forgetfulness - this time I end up taking a loan because I forgot to watch my ducats. 519 ducats worth of loan will be fun to pay back. I quickly invest in more forts in what used to be a very large Creek.
C10_093_Loan.png

A quick side explanation about how I deal with the American nations. The simplest method is to crush them with 12K-16K cavalry and annex them once you've taken their money. Then, I split into stacks of 4K, so that every province I've taken is within 1 province of a cavalry stack. I then build forts underneath the cavalry (where they can keep from losing the forts), and move the cavalry every year as I add more forts. Once the garrisons in the new forts hits 1000, I start missionaries.

September 15: Holland declares war on a 1 province Flanders that broke away from Burgundy. Holland is all but guaranteed to win, giving them 2 CoTs (Antwerpen and Holland).

November 2: Novrogod declares war on England. Yes, you read that right. I have never seen that before.

January 1439: A quick look at the progress of the wars between France and England and Burgundy and Everyone. If you look carefully at Liege, you can see my 1K infantry army hiding away, waiting for rebels. Where's Waldo, the Army Edition. (this makes me want to make a special Waldo sprite)
C10_095_WarwithMali.png

Feb 11: Wolof (in West Africa) converts.

March 1: Madeira becomes the first colony in the game to become self sufficient. Yay!

May 24: Flanders is annexed by Holland.

June 9: The truce with Mali is up, so it's time to grab the 2 gold producing provinces (Bambuk and Bure). I'm only taking a few provinces at a time for several reasons: I'm short armies to babysit rebels, I'm short missionaries to convert, and I keep taking money.
C10_095_WarwithMali.png

June 26: Algiers declares war. Tripoli and Tunisia join in. This is really amusing, because Mellila (which borders Ceuta and is the 3rd province required to defeat the Barbary Pirates) defected to Tunisia, and is currently rebel controlled. Hand it over on a platter, why don't you.
C10_096_Algiersdeclareswar.png

C10_097_AlgierianTheater.png

July 10: Cayor (West Africa) converts.

July 30: Aquileia declares war, bringing Venice in. Aquileia still has 2 gold provinces. Tasty snack. Venice has Crete and Achaea, neither of which I want.
C10_098_Aquileiadeclareswar.png

November 1: Stability increase to +2. I can now start researching again. It's been quite a while...

December 9: Tripoli offers white peace. I take it, since I have more than enough on my plate. Tunisia offers WP as well, but I want Mellila. Currently, I have rebels in America, Rebels and Mali in West Africa (and enough troops to deal with it), Portuguese rebels, Aragonese rebels, Algierian and Tunisian armies invading, Venetian and Aquileian armies invading, and some Sicilan rebels, Lombard rebels. I do not have that many armies, so I'll have to just take down one at a time. With rebels, you can build 1K infantry stacks to follow and retake sieges - I'll do this a lot.

Jan 1, 1440: The Canarias and Taqamkuk (Newfoundland) become self-sustaining.

Jan 2: Venice asks for peace. They have nothing we want (at the moment), and it slows down Aquileia, so we accept.

Jan 15: Mali gives up Bambuk and Bure and 250 ducats. Wars in countries with no forts are simple: use a large cav stack to chase around their main army, and a small one to run around occupying everything.
C10_099_Malicedes2goldprovinces.png

Feb 1: An Algierian army dies in Fez.

April 1: Land 5! We upgrade to Longbows.

May 1: The Pope takes Modena from Ferrara, and Hungary declares war on Aquileia, bringing in Austria. I am powerless to go grab the provinces I want, so I have to pray for AI stupidity.

May 17: Tunisia's Navy dies outside the Straits of Gibraltar. The battle must have taken place on the western side (in Ocean) rather than the eastern side (Inland Seas), because their galleys got creamed.
C10_100_Tunisiannavydies.png

May 29: Parma falls to rebels. This will start a long running problem in this war, where I can't keep my Italian holdings free of rebels. I can, however, follow them around and taking stuff back.

September 1: Barcelona falls to a 14K stack of Aragonese rebels.

November 1: Futa Jallon (West Africa) converts.

April 4, 1441: Aquileia begs for white peace. No. The downside - we still haven't occupied a single province in either remaining war.

April 18: We become Papal Controller and immediately declare a crusade on Tunisia and excommunicate Genoa.

June 1: Tennessee converts.

July 23: Mellila finally falls to siege, and Tunisia cedes it along with 25 ducats. The Barbary Pirates are defeated!
C10_101_TunisiacedesMellila.png

Last edited:
Chapter 11: Juan III, the average double Emperor

Late 1441: More rebel problems surface, with Valencia, Apulia, and Pisa falling to rebels. Aquileia has taken Verona and Treviso, causing the map of Castillian Italy to look rather stripey:
C11_102_StripeyItaly.png

Castillian generals unveil a new training program to combat rebels:
Whack+a+Mole.JPG

March 9, 1442: Algiers loses it's last main army, and the Castillian army spreads out with sieges. There's one last army in the NE corner - the army chasing it isn't large enough to wipe it out, leading to some ping-pong.
C11_103_Algieriansieges.png

March 28: Atlas falls, starting the chain of siege completions.

May 8: Naples becomes a Papal Vassal. I approve of people eating OPMs, so that I don't take 6 BB when I take them away. :)

June 9: Yamasee (in the New World) converts.

July 1: Sten Sture Andresson (my first 3 star navigator) dies. He's replaced by Knut Sigurdsson, a 2 star navigator. We love our Swedes.

Sept 14: Wea (Southern Indiana) converts.

Dec 1: Almeria assimilates to Castillian.

Dec 11: England and France have another White Peace. Again.

Feb 6, 1443: After Al-Djazair fails, the Algierian transports are crushed by the Castillian Navy, and the Hamid is captured.
C11_104_Hamidcaptured.png

Feb 26: The last Algierian siege ends. Algiers cedes Tlemcen, Oran, Fez, Biskra, Aures, Figuig, and Constantine. That should keep the missionaries busy. Algiers is now split in 3.
C11_105_Algierscedes7.png

June 8, 1442: Juan II (who I must have never noticed becoming king - how exceptional!) dies, and Juan III becomes king. Juan III is average, so should we call him Two?
C11_106_JuanIII.png

June 25: A boundary dispute gives us a claim on Artois (which is a French core). I'd rather have leprosy at this point - a war with France means we need to essentially plan on doing nothing else for 5 years. Maybe soon...

July 1: The Pope creates a CoT in Rome. I realize that the Italian provinces are rich, but do they really need 3 CoTs? The Pope says yes. Castille says no. We'll see who God prefers...
C11_107_RomeCoT.png

August 1: Our loan of 519 ducats expires, and is paid off. The minting hurt (a little), but actually worked out, since we have more income (101.6 monthly) now. Loans aren't all bad if you're expanding like a visitor at Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

September 22: Cherokee (an OPM) ate Shawnee (another OPM) recently, leaving us a tasty snack, so we declare war to eat them. Nummy.
C11_108_DoWCherokee.png

October 3: The party ends for Aquileia, as their army is kicked out of Friuli (on the Aquileian-Castillian border) by a large cavalry army recently shipped in from Africa. Castille's idea of "win" is to lose 4 times as many people.
C11_109_BattleofFriuli.png

October 31: Cherokee has only 125 ducats to take, so we just annex them. Buuuurp.

April 21, 1444: In a first for me, Juan III becomes Emperor without a single bribe. My policy of getting access with all the electors and marrying all the elector monarchies paid off, although being HRE wasn't really part of the plan. One thing to watch for: my War Capacity will look very low - this may bring some unwanted wars.
C11_110_EmperorJuan.png

June 3: Bure (West Africa) converts.

August 1: Innu (Eastern Canadian coast) is colonized.

September 3: Gabu (West Africa) converts.

September 10: Burgundy declares war on Hainaut. As Emperor, we must crush them. Yet again, Portugal dishonors the alliance with Burgundy. Darn.
C11_111_BurgudyDoWsHainaut.png

Chapter 12: Dissecting Portugal and Burgundy

September 24, 1444: Labrador is colonized. The delay was due to an inability to draw armies away from wars to crush natives.

October 1: Beothuk (Newfoundland) becomes self sustaining.

November 22: Eiriksfjord (Greenland) colonized.

December 10: The sieges with Aquileia finally end, and we demand Gorz, Krain, and 25 ducats. Krain will need a fort - Aquileia must have been offensive and gotten the deteriorating forts event. Both provinces produce gold, and will add a total of 10+ income/month by themselves.
C12_112_Aquileiacedes2goldprovinces.png

February 1, 1445: Rebels destroy a cavalry army in Toubkhal. Ooopsie.
C12_113_BattleofToubkhal.png

February 15th: Castillian and Lorrainian forces defeat Burgundy's northern army, allowing Castillian forces to follow and run them down. A quick look at the area shows Burgundy's problem: they're down to 5 provinces split into 3 enclaves.
C12_114_BurgundianTheatre.png

Look, Burgundy's king has 4 shock. How surprising.
C12_115_4whockPhilippe.png

August 23: Hungary offers an alliance. They're not going to be any great help, so no.

November 1: Rio de Oro (just south of Morocco) becomes self sustaining.

December 22: Catawba (South Carolina) converts.

December 26: Burgundy's last army finally dies. Let the sieges begin!
C12_116_BattleofFranche-Comte.png

February 12, 1446: Bambuk (West Africa) converts.

May 1: France offers Alliance, so I can waste my stability in endless wars with England. No thanks.

June 7: Burgundy buys Hainaut off for 33 ducats, freeing up Artois. Castillian armies go re-siege.

June 20: Kentucky converts.

August 1: Stab 3! We're now doomed to get some stab decreasing event soon.

October 1: We warn the pope, to try and shake loose Romagna and Modena next time the Pope decides to get aggressive.

October 3: We find the weak link: Sicily can be excommunicated and is allied to Portugal and Holland!
C12_117_ExcommuicatingSicily.png

October 12: Franche-Comte fell on the 7th, so Burgundy peaces out with Lorraine for 2 ducats. Barrois is now ready to be re-sieged.

October 21: Mellila (Northern Morocco) converts.

November 1: In yet another feat of fine financial management, we run out of money again and take a loan of 848 ducats. We invest in forts in all our remaining fortless provinces.
C12_118_Loan2.png

December 1: Naval 7.

December 28: We DoW Sicily. Portugal honors the alliance, but Holland wisely chickens out. Our armies aren't perfectly positioned, but a pair of two province minors are not going to be a serious problem.
C12_119_WarwithSicily.png

January 31, 1447: Portugal embargoes us. Hah.

August 1: Cape Verde becomes self sustaining!

August 24: Chickasaw (Arkansas) converts.

November 7: Burgundy cedes Artois, Valenciennes, Barrois, and Franche-Comte to become an OPM, and renounces some claims. Artois will need to be dealt away quickly to avoid war with France. This has to wait until the war is done.
C12_120_BurgundybecomesOPM.png

November 21: Muskogee (Northern Georgia) converts. Teutonic Order declares war on Kurland, which came free when Novrogod collapsed. Since they're part of the empire, I'm drawn in. I'm sure I'll be really useful, helping out in the Baltic.

December 16: France declares war on England. Like Hollywood sequels, they just get worse and worse (and more predictable)...

January 21, 1448: We move a little more Naval to lower the outrageous colony costs, and thus end up losing over 2K in Land tech investment as our arsenals are deserted.

February 1: Chiaha (Georgia) converts.

March 14: Portugal's transports, forced to flee when Algarve fell to a siege, are defeated in the Gulf of Cadiz. The Castillian Navy captures the Nossa Senhora.
C12_121_NossaSenhoracaptured.png

April 1: Production 6.

July 18: The famous explorer, Alonso de Bazan dies, leaving us explorerless. His navigator, Lain de Guzman is promoted to replace him, and turns out to be better.
C12_122_LaindeGuzman.png

October 29: Portugal cedes Algarve and pays 775 ducats, becoming an OPM (a latin acronym for tasty snack).
C12_123_PortugalcedesAlgarve.png

Last edited:
Mattabesta: :D

Enewald: Once I no longer care about BB, it'll be a very short former lifestyle.

Chapter 13: A near war with France

November 17, 1448: Teutonic Order has annexed Kurland, and decides that it doesn't want to march from the Baltic to Spain. White peace is agreed upon. We'll see who's laughing when we share a border. :)

January 30, 1449: In a move that proves that Castille is not meant to be at peace, Venice DoWs Aquileia, bringing us in as Emperor. Naxos (who crares), Ferrara (whee!), and the Pope (gimme some land!) foolishly join Venice. The map of Italy is about to get golder. (If you think golder is not a word, I have lots of cavalry that will debate with you.)
C13_124_WarwithVenice.png

March 1: As usual: war starts, general dies. Hermenegildo de Figueroa dies before I can use him.

March 14: A quick look in Italy shows the war starting about how all wars start for Castille: no Castillian armies in sight, and the enemy is besieging several provinces.
C13_125_Italiantheater.png

March 20: The Pope embargoes us. We have no merchants in Rome (trading elsewhere right now is kinda pointless). Messina (Sicily) falls. We sue for peace, taking Messina from Sicily.

August 1: Yet again, we show off our skills at paying attention, as another exploring fleet is lost. Another explorer and 2 carracks gone. Future explorers are advised to carry lots of insurance.

August 12: The Pope's army surrenders outside Rome.
C13_126_BattleofRomagna.png

September 8: Naxos asks for white peace. At the moment, that's ok, so we let them go.

February 13, 1450: Aquileia gives Venice 9 ducats to go away.

February 27: Pensacola (Florida) converts.

June 9: Apalachee converts.

December 11: The Pope cedes Romagna and Modena, and releases Naples as a vassal. He also gives up 25 ducats. 2 more universities, and my Northern Italian holdings are now all connected.
C13_127_Popecedes2.png

December 15: Ferrara is annexed, since they have a university and are rich.
C13_128_Ferraraannexed.png

December 20: Alabama converts.

March 22, 1451: Cherokee converts. Almost done converting the old Creek, Cherokee, and Shawnee lands.

June 1: We start collecting war taxes, since we're in no danger of actually having a real fight on our hands any time soon. I generally avoid it: with so few cores, even a little WE can make life hard.

June 11: Mali declares war on us. The Castillian court nearly dies laughing.
C13_129_Malideclareswar.png

August 1: Gibraltar becomes a core. Let the flood of cores begin!

August 4: Trarza (West Africa) falls to Lollard Heretics. Heretics will be a very large problem in converted provinces that still have nationalism. In Trarza's case, Trarza didn't have a fort yet, so ping-ponged heretics ran into it.

August 18: Some noble families recently moved to Castillian Morocco start feuding. 4 regiments rise up over the feud.

October 1: Production 7. Workshops are coming soon.

October 11: Tuskegee (Alabama) converts.

November 1: Our 848 ducat loan expires, and we pay it off. Hopefully we don't need another one.

November 23: A snapshot of a typical African battle: Mali loses lots more people, even with a decent general.
C13_130_BattleofBure.png

February 8, 1452: France gets 152 ducats in a peace deal with England. The reason France isn't so scary: they don't have National Drill (too bad I didn't notice this for another decade or so - guess it's time to take down France).

February 17: France bribes away a cardinal. Don't think we'll forget.

March 1: France cancels military access. A prelude to war. We give it back.

May 2: France cancels access again. We give it back again.

May 9: France influences another cardinal. Bastards.

May 15: Mali cedes Segu, Massina, and Jenne, and gives up 225 ducats.
C13_131_Malicedes3more.png

May 24: Pennyrile converts.

June 16: France cancels access again. We can't keep this up forever - relations go down 20 when they cancel, only back up 10 when I renew it.

August 11: Venice gives up claims on Treviso and Athens, releases Corfu and Crete and pays 25 ducats. They also own Achaea, which is rebel controlled. Peace at last!
C13_132_Venicereleases2.png

August 13: Corfu breaks their alliance with us. That was fast. We pawn Artois off on England for free - let them have another French core. Anything to cause both sides trouble is good for me.

August 22: We get another cardinal, who is immediately bribed by France. This is getting old.
C13_133_Bribingcardinals.png

Last edited:
Bah Frenchman. Soon they will all die!

Being emperor is getting you a fair amount of free land I see! You end up looking like the good guy when really you're the villain. :D

Nice progress, although rebels are becoming quite a problem by the looks of it...

As for a war with France; the sooner the better I say. :D

Lord Strange: No - they will simply be peaceful Castillian subjects.

Jaspume: Rebels are a complete pain in the butt. I've steadily had to mint a bit to keep maintenance up - inflation is about 4% and slooowly rising.

Enewald: France is pathetic - other than annexing vassals, they haven't taken anything in a quite a while.

Dominating Italy is quite fun.

Chapter 14: Peace (mostly) at last

September 3, 1452: France has the Pope excommunicate Burgundy. Is this a prelude to France going wild everywhere?

September 27: Ohio converts.

March 1, 1453: Cores!!!! Pirineo, Girona, Aragon, and the Baleares core.
C14_134_4Aragonesecores.png

April 1: Epikwitk becomes self-sustaining.

May 1: Achaea defects to Morea, making Venice an OPM.

August 1: Felipe Cienfuegos (my 4 star Master of the Mint) dies. I replace him with Mats Larsson, a 5 star reputation adviser. It also occurs to me to swap out missions - our new one is to colonize the Spanish Main for 10 prestige. I will drop it whenever I remember to - it'll take too long and I have better missions.

I also am still having massive rebel problems, including 14K in Aragon with a 5 shock general. Lucky me.

November 11: We declare war on Maya (native for magic cash cow).
C14_135_1stwarwithMaya.png

May 14, 1454: Maya gives up 1300 or so ducats. Like an American bank, I didn't keep really good records here...and like them, we get a really nice executive compensation package.

September 20: We ally with Austria. Austria is a really good ally in IN 3.1, since they're probably the most docile nation of their size in Europe.
C14_136_AustriaAllied.png

November 21: Maya learns the lesson of beating up on those weaker than you: they force the Aztecs to pay 400 ducats and become a vassal.
C14_137_MayabeatsuponAztecs.png

March 23, 1455: Shawnee converts.

May 24: Juan III dies after a bear rug he bought in Andalucia turned out to be not quite dead yet... Isabel I becomes the new Queen, and the electors of the Holy Roman Empire show blatant gender discrimination by electing someone else as Emperor. There will be repercussions... On the bright side, Isabel's stats rock.
C14_138_IsabelI.png

June 1: Government 9 (aren't universities nice?) gives me another idea. We take Colonial Ventures. Paint the world! With the new NI comes a new decision (Colonial Expansion), which we take. The growth is small potatoes, but -3% colonial cost will add up.
C14_139_ColonialVentures.png

C14_140_ColonialExpansion.png

June 4: Cheraw converts.

August 21: The nobles request some church functions be turned over to them. Isabel says, "Drop dead.", which causes stability to drop. As usual: get Stab 3, lose stab.

December 1: Production 8

March 18, 1456: We become papal controller again.

June 28: Boundary dispute gives us a core on Metx (owned by Lorraine).

July 1: Innu (Newfoundland) becomes self sustaining.

September 1: Labrador becomes self sustaining.

January 1, 1467: Eiriksfjord becomes self sustaining. The reason for all the self-sustaining colonies all of the sudden is that there's no good targets in range at the moment.

February 1: Vestbygen becomes self sustaining.

February 15: France declares war on England. What's this, 6 times?

May 28: Oran (Algeria) converts.

February 18, 1458: A colonial company is founded to colonize nowhere. This bug is annoying.

March 6: Segu (West Africa) converts.

January 18, 1459: Aures (Algeria) converts.

June 1: Acadia becomes self sustaining.

July 27: The military becomes divided over whether to become more offensive or defensive. I go defensive. Either way, we lose stab. Down to 1 stab.

January 1, 1460 report:
C14_143_Castille1460.png

C14_141_Andalucia1460.png

C14_142_AndaluciaCoT1460.png

Religion: All American provinces are converted, and only 7 African provinces remain to convert.

Have you thought about colonizing the Bahamas to deprive other nations of a foothold for colonization?

Great progress!

Also, how are you planning to destroy every CoT outside Andalusia if you can only destroy CoTs of less than 400 ducats?

I love this AAR!

Enewald: I'm trying to keep badboy down a bit until I can clean France's clock, so expanding into the HRE will happen slowly.

urdh: Maybe Castille shouldn't have hired Arturo di Anderson as their accounting firm... ;)

elbasto: I plan on colonizing up the Brazilian coast, the Antilles, then all the Carribean islands. No one has QFTNW but me so far - Portugal is falling behind in tech for some odd reason.

My plan to destroy CoTs:
1.) Conquer all the provinces near the CoT in question first, leaving the CoT with the owner.

2.) DoW the owner and blockade/embargo them. All my provinces stop trading at the CoT, lowering the value.

3.) Take the CoT in war and immediately destroy it before the next month begins (resetting the trade).

Chapter 15: More shakedowns

January 17, 1460: Constantine (Algeria) converts.

May 18: A saint predicts that the Chicago Cubs will win the world series in 2009. No one around him has any idea what the hell he's talking about, but he must be relaying a vision from God, and the nation becomes more stable.

May 30, 1460: Castille declares war on Maya yet again.

October 17: 3000 Castillian cavalry are surrounded in Campeche and forced to surrender. Tales abound of their ritual sacrifice.
C15_144_BattleofCampeche.png

October 19: Maya gives up 550 ducats for peace.
C15_145_Mayagives550ducats.png

February 14, 1461: Tlemcen (Algeria) converts.

May 6: Figuig (Morocco) converts.

May 31: Castille declares war on Kongo.

July 1: Fez declares independence from Algiers in Atlas, which Castille has a core on...except Fez is Catholic, but Atlas is Muslim. Er?
C15_146_CatholicFez.png

September 25: Boundary dispute gives us a core on Steiermark. While Austria is our ally, who knows what the future will bring.

February 1, 1462: Arguin (West Africa) becomes self sufficient.

August 1: Colonial Ventures event gives us +20 Naval investment for 4 months and -2% Naval Tech Modifier.
C15_147_ColonialVentures.png

November 1: Production 9, and workshops! A crash workshop building program is started.

April 8, 1463: Slider move: +1 Naval. A grand admiral arrives, which we don't need.

October 2: Kongo gives up 1225 ducats. On October 21, England gives up 51 ducats to France for peace. Compared with the Castillian war in Kongo, who's smarter?
C15_148_PeacewithKongoandEngland.png

November 1: Valencia and Alicante (Aragon) become core. 1 more core for Spain!

November 23: England annexes Scotland. GB in 50 years.

February 1, 1464: Some peasants whine about a bailiff. Isabel has the bailiff executed.

April 19: Boundary dispute gives a core on Bearn.

June 2: Brakna (West Africa) becomes self sustaining.

July 19: Smugglers start to become a huge problem around Andalucia, so Isabel spends a lot of money to wipe them out, and still loses stability.
C15_149_Smugglers.png

July 26: DoW Mali, bringing in Sohoto and Swahili.
C15_150_DoWMali.png

August 20: Mali seizes the Castillian colony of Azawadd, since the army forgot to protect it. Whoopsie.
C15_151_Azawaddseized.png

September 13: Fez (Morocco) converts.

November 19: After a lightning strike through Swahili's capital, they gve up 475 ducats.

November 23: The Ottoman Empire warns Isabel not to go to war, or they'll...um...shake their fists mightily at her. Yeah.
C15_152_WarningfromOE.png

December 31: Mali gives up Timbuktu, Kumasi, and Azewadd to become an OPM. Sokoto is now alone.

January 1: The Mamluks declare war. Oh @$#%. The Mamluks have reformed out of Tribal and are an Empire, and are pretty tough, especially given how much of Castille's army is forced to babysit rebellious provinces. They also own Tunis and Gabes after diploannexing Tunisia (and thus border Castille's North African possessions).
C15_153_Mamluksdeclarewar.png

North Africa is about to get busy.

D'oh. I exceeded my bandwidth for my account. My account resets on the 25th, so don't despair!