+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand BazAAR - An IN Castillian AAR

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

The Grand BazAAR - An IN Castillian AAR

So kicking the crap out of France wasn't challenging enough. Nope. I have a new mission in life. It's crazy. Nuts. Insane.

I want Andalucia to be the only CoT in the world. That's the end goal. It will almost certainly require either a WC or close to it, which I've never done, but it will also force me to use blockades and embargoes to weaken CoTs so that when I take them, I can destroy them. (I don't plan on being very prestigious).

Version: 3.1 (if I can convert to 3.2 without things going splodie, I will when the patch is official)
    Mods: None.

Goals (in rough order):
    Phase I:
    1.) Annex Portugal before they get QFTNW, and disband Lisboa's CoT. Complete
    2.) Wipe out Great Britain. Complete
    3.) Lock everyone out of America, and disband the American CoT's. Complete

Phase 2:
    4.) Conquer/colonize Africa, disbanding their CoT's. Complete
    5.) Take Italy and disband Italian CoTs. Complete
    6.) Weaken France. Complete

Phase 3:
    7.) Destroy France and disband Paris' CoT and any new French CoT's.
    8.) Become HRE and disband all the German CoT's. Partially Complete

Phase 4: Wipe out all other CoT's.

Phase 5: Jump into other people's AAR's and disband their CoT's.

Phase 6: Port the game into Spore and destroy the entire galaxy's trade.

Ok, maybe I'm going a bit overboard.

Format:
    * Yet again, the style will be whatever I feel like writing at any given time.
    * To keep things a little easier to keep track of, I'll try and post stats every 25 years, including: Provinces owned, Cores, Income, and # of provinces trading in Andalucia.
    * This game should last longer than my other AAR, unless I get crushed like a bug. However, permanently losing as Castille takes effort. We'll see how it goes.
    * Like my other AAR, I will definitely try to give insight to some of the rationale behind my decisions. Sometimes, I'll forget, so if you have questions, ask.

UPDATE: As of 1570, I have edited the common\defines.txt to stop auto-generation of CoTs (otherwise, I'd have had to embargo every nearby nation that has a CoT to avoid having an undestroyable CoT generated on my soil). I only edited the line that determines the Max # of provinces there should be per CoT.

Animated Maps, as of 1581, courtesy of EU3View:
    Countries:

Religions:

CoTs:
    Last edited by naggy; 21-03-2009 at 02:46.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries

Table of Contents

Chapter 1: Opening Moves
    Chapter 2: Aragon gets stupid
    Chapter 3: Dismantling Aragon
    Chapter 4: Italian Ambitions, Part 1
    Chapter 5: Italian Ambitions, Part 2
    Chapter 6: The Hapsburg Strategy
    Chapter 7: Savoyard Suicide -or- the Castillian Riviera
    Chapter 8: No one takes the hint...
    Chapter 9: More baby seals

Season 2: Castille, 1437

Chapter 10: Rebels and Muslims and Italians, oh my!
    Chapter 11: Juan III, the average double Emperor
    Chapter 12: Dissecting Portugal and Burgundy
    Chapter 13: A near war with France
    Chapter 14: Peace (mostly) at last
    Chapter 15: More shakedowns
    Chapter 16: Castillian-Mameluk War
    Chapter 17: Viva Espana!
    Chapter 18: Expanding and colonizing...
    Chapter 19: France awakens

Chapter 20: Spain in 1490

Chapter 21: Housekeeping
    Chapter 22: Cleaning up the map
    Chapter 23: The Spanish-Mameluk War - Round 1
    Chapter 24: Backstab!

Trade in 1504
    Map in 1504

Chapter 25: The capture of Christ
    Chapter 26: Mummy III: Parting the Mamluks
    Chapter 27: The Invasion of England
    Chapter 28: Kick down the front door
    Chapter 29: Bleeding France dry
    Chapter 30: The final French push to Madrid
    Chapter 31: The end of the First Franco-Spanish War

Interlude: Spain in October 1522
    Tactics: Price manipulation

Chapter 32: East Indian Trade
    Chapter 33: End of the Beginning
    Chapter 34: War - we declarez it
    Chapter 35: Piggy banks

Interlude: Spain before the Badboy Wars

Chapter 36: What if we threw a war, and no one came?
    Chapter 37: Iberian Hegemony
    Chapter 38: Chocolate eating watchmakers attack!

Blockades and Looting

Chapter 39: Rekilling France
    Chapter 40: Taking Manufactories
    Chapter 41: Spain in 1550
    Chapter 42: Minors drop like flies
    Chapter 43: The Pope can run, but he can't hide!

Assaulting primer

Chapter 44: Smackdown against Spain
    Chapter 45: Anschlauss
    Chapter 46: Why you don't warn Spain
    Chapter 47: More OPM killing
    Chapter 48: Cleaning up France and England

Spain in 1570

Chapter 49: 5 front war
    Chapter 50: Indian opportunities
    Chapter 51: The Ottomans are dismembered
    Chapter 52: Taking candy from a Muslim Baby
    Chapter 53: More Indian expansion
    Chapter 54: Securing Britain and Italy

Animated maps as of 1581: Countries, Religions, and CoTs.
    Last edited by naggy; 21-03-2009 at 02:46.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

I've never seen something like this before. Good luck!

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Phase 5: Jump into other people's AAR's and disband their CoT's.
    ZOMG!

I'll be watching this.

And my bet for how much Andalusia will be worth in the end is:

99999.99 Ducats.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

talk werewolf with euro on the google - theEUROO7 @ gmail.com (0)

Daffius, 2knikk

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    So kicking the crap out of France wasn't challenging enough. Nope. I have a new mission in life. It's crazy. Nuts. Insane.

I want Andalucia to be the only CoT in the world.
    I think you've chosen an easier goal than you realize. WC with Castille just isn't that tough. Actually, it's rather straightforward. After pwning France with Provence, it will be a walk in the park.

The hard part of surviving a WC is getting big enough quickly enough to survive a war with all comers, and Castille practically starts out that large.

Pick somebody littler! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NiJabbieJabba View Post
    I think you've chosen an easier goal than you realize. WC with Castille just isn't that tough. Actually, it's rather straightforward. After pwning France with Provence, it will be a walk in the park.
    WC with Castille is not that tough, until you start dancing around provinces to destroy CoT's. Also, I've never done a WC before. Besides, this is for fun!

Blog Entries

Chapter 1: Opening Moves

October 1st, 1399:

King Enrique III strolled though the markets in Andalucia, marveling once again at the variety of things available. Gold jewelry, fish, fruits, vegetables, meats of all kinds, even tapestries from Muslim lands to the south.

Enrique: "It's as if you could buy anything in the world here."

Advisor: "Sadly, it is not so. There are tales of wonders from Cathay and India, that one could not buy here. Even some of the fineries from Italy, the cities of the Hansa, or Flanders cannot be had here."

Enrique: "How can this be? is not our nation the finest?"

Advisor: "Yes, your majesty, it is. However, there is but a limit to our greatness."

Enrique: "This must change. Andalucia shall be known as the greatest market in the world, the one place where all must come to buy and sell."

Advisor: "How can this be?"

Enrique: "We must crush all the other trading centers of the world, one by one."

And so it began.

A map of Castille at start:

Castille's income (not shabby!):

Starting sliders - we need to focus on narrowminded, free subjects, mercantilism, plutocracy, and centralization.

A move to narrowminded gets us...a 1 star Theologian. Yippee.

Andalucia starts with 36 provinces trading there (add 20 to the number at the bottom), and a value of 285.22.

Kick it off the way Castille always should start: DoW on Granada. Time to club baby seals. I could bore you with a description, but...well...it's Castille vs. Granada.

Our first mission: Castille usually starts with 2 missions that only require a royal marriage with Portugal and Aragon, and both give you 1 stability. The easiest missions in the game.

Portugal's first mission: Conquer Tangiers. Thus, we guarantee Morocco for a free chance to pummel Portugal.

Aragon's first mission: Vassalize Navarra. We guarantee Navarra.

It takes one day to complete our first mission, giving us 1 stab.

One more day to complete the second mission (marriage with Aragon). Already at 3 stab! But...now we have to create an army for our nation (translation: the game wants us to bankrupt ourselves early).

Cancel that - Italian Ambition. A free Italian core! Wheee! And we're only 4 days in!

I doubt Portugal will attack Morrocco with your warning, but we'll see.

Those missions are too easy! But now, onto Italy!
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

Daffius, 2knikk

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    You may run into some trouble with the spore part of your plan. . . nice progress in just a few days. That was a conveniently-awesome series of missions.

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2

Is this even possible? I had never even thought of blockading COTs before to destroy them.

Some Spore screenshots would be cool.
    No Annexations Allowed? The Brunswick Vassal AAR (1399-1635) -- complete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFalcon View Post
    Is this even possible? I had never even thought of blockading COTs before to destroy them.
    Heh. I meant Embargo, although I'll also use blockades to stop the sea routes. It's the only way I can think of to force larger CoTs to lose size so they can be disbanded, since embargoing prevents your owned provinces from trading there. You'd have to disband them in the same month you got them as part of peace, since trade is recalcuated every 1st of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFalcon View Post
    Some Spore screenshots would be cool.
    Alas, my PC will not run Spore.

Quote Originally Posted by EUROO7
    I doubt Portugal will attack Morrocco with your warning, but we'll see.
    As you'll see in the next couple of updates, Morocco is the least of their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by phargle
    You may run into some trouble with the spore part of your plan. . . nice progress in just a few days. That was a conveniently-awesome series of missions.
    In my experience, if you don't immediately get the Reconquista missions, you get those two right off, and immediately have 3 stab. The mission generator tends to either give you useless missions, missions that aren't worth doing (army/navy for our nation), insane missions (build a navy larger than England as Gelre), or amazingly easy missions. The just right missions are rare.
    Last edited by naggy; 09-12-2008 at 14:47.

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    from Provence to Castille... interesting

and btw: how can you disband COTīs never heard of that...

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Circle View Post
    from Provence to Castille... interesting

and btw: how can you disband COTīs never heard of that...
    If you own a CoT that has a value of less than 500 (I think that's the threshold, but don't quote me), you can disband it and lose 25 prestige.

If you have a province that trades to someone else's CoT and does not border a province with a CoT, you can build one for 500 ducats.

Both are introduced with IN (I believe).

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Good luck!

Have fun with conquering the cots!

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    If you own a CoT that has a value of less than 500 (I think that's the threshold, but don't quote me), you can disband it and lose 25 prestige.

If you have a province that trades to someone else's CoT and does not border a province with a CoT, you can build one for 500 ducats.

Both are introduced with IN (I believe).
    thanks for the explanation! Iīve got EU3 Complete but it seems that Iīve totally missed it...

edit: 1000th POST!!!

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This will be interesting... I wonder what Andalucia will be worth when you're done.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    If you own a CoT that has a value of less than 200 (I think that's the threshold, but don't quote me), you can disband it and lose 25 prestige.
    Edited

Latinia Universalis

A total conversion mod for EU3 IN, taking place in the Roman Era

User Made Nations mod

Create an entire new world for Victoria 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppets View Post
    Edited
    Are you sure?

I though it was 400...

Daffius, 2knikk

You should have done this with Navarra... Oh well. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    A quick start and an ambitious goal. Good luck. As I have not given IN a spin, I'll be watching this for gameplay as well as the pursuit of your goal.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast