• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Watch out for Fez, if they go a name from such a mighty hat. Then the must be considered a threat!

TommyCooper-1.jpg

It doesn't get any easier to suppress laughter at Fez when meeting their leader. Hopefully Othman is too stupid to do so.

I don't know, Othman sure seems to be the ruler with the most impressive accomplishments. The M&M's, recognizing the sacred elephant cloud, in the great unknown no less! What did all his predecaarghll...*chokes on an animist bone*

I always thought it was pirate drink.
Although good since I never wanted to become piratey.
You never wanted to be piratey at all?

What's all the fuzz about Fez anyway. Othman's sandcastlewalls will keep them out surely...:D
With a name like Fez those walls ought to be plenty to do that job.

I demand world map! :p
I was planning to take one for this update but I forgot. Will try to remember in the next one.

Mmm, delicious pirate drink...
Othman's sentiments exactly.

Haha Fez maybe easy alone but I see them allied to Morocco, which may or may not have a tech lead on you :p

The Mamluks have finally seen the light...again.
They should have a bit of a lead but I think they will be hesitant to DoW a large empire who is also Muslim.

Hahaha Fez...has anyone else seen That 70's Show? :D
I always think of that whenever Fez is around in the game.

I still watch it!! It's really funny :D
I quite enjoy it too.

Fez has a z in its name so it must be incorporated to the empire, like Zazzau :D
That sounds like a fair enough reason to me.

I see Fez has a CB on the Mamluks, whom you just re-allied with...

I wonder how Mali saw any wisdom in DoWing you in the first place. Think they'll try again since you seem to have taken their oldest cores? Or did you beat them so badly they'll be quiet from now on?

Since they're in such bad shape, I wonder if sucessful rebellions would cause defections to you. They're the same relgion and culture as you, after all, and you're clearly the true champion of the Mali people. Got any spies?

So, did absorbing two gold provinces solve your negative balance sheet problem?
And now allied with Fez too there might be a bit of a prestige hit for KB sometime in the future... The revolts in Mali have generally been animist so they won't defect to me if given the chance. The gold provinces help but in the end they won't offer big returns until they're cores.

Fez is hlarious~!

Kelso you so dumb lol
Agreed

Watch out for Fez, if they go a name from such a mighty hat. Then the must be considered a threat!
I will keep an eye out to make sure they don't pull anything sneaky out from under their hat.

I'm now waiting for a fan to post the obligatory picture of Fez. If Othman has daughters, he might come-a-knocking... :D
That is a worrisome thought.

TommyCooper-1.jpg

It doesn't get any easier to suppress laughter at Fez when meeting their leader. Hopefully Othman is too stupid to do so.
Not a leader that I'd like to meet.

Fez, secretly filled with filthy animists!

Morocco_Mole_300.gif
Animists even there? Well, well I shall be keeping an extra close eye on them now.

Event: The king committed an absolute faux pas in front of the royal court today.
That sounds just like Othman to me.

I don't know, Othman sure seems to be the ruler with the most impressive accomplishments. The M&M's, recognizing the sacred elephant cloud, in the great unknown no less! What did all his predecaarghll...*chokes on an animist bone*
It is very hard to choose between his impressive list.

Here is Fez's finest soldier ready for duty

fezrolemodel62507.jpg
Finest soldier? Then there is little to fear.

Well, i'm caught up and glad to say I've quite enjoyed the chapters! Keep up the good work, sir! :)
Good to have you back and I will endeavour to do so.

kanembornufinal.png

232.gif

Kanem Bornu now ticks all the prerequisite boxes to be recognised as an empire. Of course the Kanem Bornuans had always thought of themselves as an empire anyway but it seems that the international community is a bit more exacting.
233.gif

Excellent.
234.jpg

Hmmm, Padishah. It might mean emperor but it still sounds a bit wimpy. It also doesn't make Othman any smarter, an upgrade that is sorely needed.

Being part of an empire also seems to have the effect of making minorities feel more oppressed. Well, that and the new anti-animist laws put into place by Othman that make the drawing of any animal with human characteristics a crime punishable by death and then hard labour. An amendment rushed into being the next month rearranged the order of the punishments to hard labour then death.

Mickey_Mouse_Johor.png

With pants like that Walt Disney would find himself cracking rocks to add more sand to the Sahara in no time at all under the new laws.

Of course there were all the usual revolts.
235.jpg

Animists everywhere

The neighbours from North Africa saw the light soon enough and realised that an expanding Kanem Bornu Empire on their southern border would be wise to keep on good terms with. Fez soon came crawling to Othman's door asking for protection.
236.gif

Accepted, for now...

News arrived soon after the acquisition of Mali's lands was completed, of a new bank to the south. Going by the name of Ashanti they promised to have plenty of gold to 'loan'.
237.jpg

They produce shiny stuff

So an appointment was soon arranged with the manager to see if Kanem Bornu's credit rating would allow a 0% interest non-repayable loan to go ahead.
238.gif

You might come in peace but we certainly do not.

239.gif

The interview with the manager didn't take too long

240.gif

Kanem Bornu has a 1350 ducat loan approved.

It was most agreeable business. Ashanti could count on the continued custom of Kanem Bornu. In the mean time the newly acquired funds were put to good use sponsoring settlers who would blaze trails connecting the lands taken from Mali with the rest of the empire.
241.jpg

Two new colonies are founded and Timbuktu becomes an island of stupidity in a sea of sensibility.

But isn't Timbuktu supposed to be the end of the world? What is it doing in the middle of your padishahahaha's empire? And does that mean that the world is coming to an end? I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until 2012? *paranoid*

Othman the Stupid gets to be the first Kanem Bornuan Emperor?

Some saps have all the luck.

Is that a missionary I see in Massina? The lands taken from Mali require conversion? I thought they'd be conveniently same-culture, same-religion. Mali was even more delinquent than I thought!

Are you deliberately surrounding Timbuktu or are there other reasons for that colony to the north?

Is Mali going to collapse to animist rebels? Will that change their state religion?

I just realised that "Kanem Borunan Empire" is a much better name for your state than just "Kanem Bornu" as its scope is so much wider than just Kanem and Bornu. It's just centered there. Like the Roman Empire.

Last edited:
Padishah sounds pretty dirty. I wonder what it does to you...:D

Walt Disney would be screwed with all the animals he has made! In fact, if Othman could, he would kill Disney, reincarnate him, kill him again, repeat until the sun sets in the east.

Hail to the Padishah of the great Kanem Bornuan Empire! :D

We're all going on a clubbing holiday......
NExt week, we visit Ashanti again to get more cash....