• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No this AAR is far from crude :p

Yes it is too bad he didn't become a military leader, then Mali would surely be quaking in their boots. I assume your war exhaustion is high from having occupied provinces.

At least he has 1 star in clubbing, otherwise he might poke his eye out with his club.

I wonder if you can change "Military" to "Clubbing" in the localization file...

The border territories were soon scorched. Nothing would be welcoming nor provide shelter for the invaders. Some questioned the need for smashing everything in the provinces, even if it was of no conceivable value such as the famed billboards of Gobir but in the end they were proved wrong as the scorched earth policy was officially voted sub-Saharan Africa's 'Good Policy of 1464'.
[...]
it was time for the next installment in what was now the Muhammad trilogy, Muhammad III. Would this second sequel be as good as the first who had overseen the conversion of the empire to Islam and the transition to Sultanate. If only Muhammad the II had been more into clubs he surely would have earned the title 'the great'.

Awesome. You put up once again a candidate to "best update so far", even without clubbing too much! I salute you :)

Are we gonna hear from the agents again??

Im thinking: "Piercing Clubman"!

Tourism business of Kanem Bornu is thriving when thousands of Malians have decided to see Kanem Bornu and die. I can imagine street vendors shouting to the tourists: "Hey Bwana, buy glowing embers from the Great Fire of '64! Special price, only for you!"

Yay another update

Really like your style, a great find :cool:

P.S. are you using zebra cavalry :confused:
Thanks. I hope they're zebras, that would be cool.

whah, when did kanem bornu get that much clubbing cavalry???
A few updates back.

It looks like the those policy elections were rigged...:D
Certainly not....

No this AAR is far from crude :p

Yes it is too bad he didn't become a military leader, then Mali would surely be quaking in their boots. I assume your war exhaustion is high from having occupied provinces.
It is getting high, attrition might be a more significant factor though.

actually they were clubbed. :rolleyes::D
One would hope so actually.

So what are you going to do now with that administrator of yours? :)
Administer a war I believe.

At least he has 1 star in clubbing, otherwise he might poke his eye out with his club.

I wonder if you can change "Military" to "Clubbing" in the localization file...
That 1 star is needed so I'll take it. Hmmm, I suppose I could.

Awesome. You put up once again a candidate to "best update so far", even without clubbing too much! I salute you :)
Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it. It was a fun war to fight.

I said Mali were aminists, but who listens to me?:)
I believed you then and I believe you even more now.

Are we gonna hear from the agents again??

Im thinking: "Piercing Clubman"!
I like that name :D. We might do but I haven't considered it yet.

Broken forts, cavalry charges, scorched earth... this invasion from Mali is serious stuff :eek: Let's hope Muhammad III can teach them a lesson.
Everything KB does is serious business. Ain't no time for mucking around.

Tourism business of Kanem Bornu is thriving when thousands of Malians have decided to see Kanem Bornu and die. I can imagine street vendors shouting to the tourists: "Hey Bwana, buy glowing embers from the Great Fire of '64! Special price, only for you!"
:D That would take some superior salesmanship. Tourism you think? It's an interesting concept.

My, quite alot of unfortunate war... :( SMASH THEM... :D
Smash em good! I will do my best.

I like this AAR ^^ your doing very well

are you going to conquer whole of Africa ? :)
We'll see how things go. I don't have long term plans of that nature.

flag1.gif

The middle phase of the war with Mali began sometime two years after the declaration of war. Mali was no longer on the full offensive but Kanem Bornu lacked the strength to push back. Odd skirmishes were made into Kanem Bornu by the Malians but in general the two sides faced off over the border.
154-mali10K.jpg

Mali maintains their ten thousand strong border guard. Other armies wait in reserve. Small detachments probe for weaknesses in Kanem Bornu's defence

Hausa though was pushed back by a hastily strengthened force of clubmen. Soon their armies were scattered and all of their cities were laid siege. But manpower was low so the sieges could only progress slowly with not enough men available for tight control of the surrounding area let alone an assault.
158-hausasiege.png

Hausa under siege

Though neither Mali or Kanem Bornu could break the other side the casualties were mounting for both. Skirmishes might not do much harm individually but over a whole war they amount to much. After several years of such low key warfare Muhammad III decided to take the offensive. Kanem Bornu's cavalry were ordered into Dendi to attack the weakened defenders.
160-7Kvs1500.png

151-dendi.gif

The battle was a success. It seemed Mali were on the back foot. But that feeling was short-lived as Mali soon replied in kind with an invasion of Zamfara.
155-mali17reg1500men.jpg

Mali invades again forcing a withdrawal from Dendi.

But in a stroke of luck it was found that the invasion force was none other than a paper lion (tigers being as yet unknown in KB). Although composed of a full seventeen regiments the force numbered less than 1500 men. They were quickly used to wipe the floor by Muhammad and his cavalry.
161-deaded.jpg

Despite this great victory the overall war was still in Mali's favour.
162-stilltheirs.gif

The other war was most decidedly going in Kanem Bornu's favour. Hausa was broken.
153-hausa.gif

At last the fort crumbles

And willing to accept whatever deal came their way.
157-onepeace.gif

One front is secured.

With the south fully under control Muhammad ordered a full scale invasion of Mali, whose borders were now left undefended. Dendi was taken swiftly and the unfortified lands of Songhai even swifter.
156-onwards.jpg

The invasion was strong and battles began to go increasingly in Kanem Bornu's favour.
165-strong.jpg

Soon, despite superior troop numbers Mali was feeling the pressure of the war keenly. No effort they made could budge the invaders from their lands.
164-tideturning.gif

Lands now firmly held by Kanem Bornu.
166-taken.jpg

At last after eleven long years of tiring war it was time for peace. No half measures would be given.
159-twopeace.gif

163-newlands.jpg

And so one dangerous neighbour was pacified. There could be little doubt that there would be future wars with Mali but the chances of them being decade long struggles were certainly much less. But of concern for Muhammad III was the appearance of a new neighbour to the north, the Mamluks. Would they be in line for a clubbing too?
152-mamluks.jpg

Aha! The mali animist invaders are dead, but will they invade again?

Club that, Malicious Malinians! Hah!:D

Better easternize the Mamluks...
They often even lack forts!

What trade will they offer? Will they buy paper? Try to steal club tech? What will angry KB people (war exhaust=14!OMG!) do with them? Will they know where Mekka is?

And as a last: KB will finally find the other side of the world in the north! It will be an ocean as well... :eek:
Mamluks call it the med, I guess.;)