• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:eek: What?! Only 19 ducats? That hardly pays Konery's salary, let alone his in-duty expenses. Abu'd better start looking into some serious income source... Oyo certainly isn't one :(

Rebellion! is ace. The classiest cross-over I've ever seen between a Kill Bill poster and Heat magazine :rofl: I'm eagerly awaiting the new "Assemble your own antique club in 52 weekly instalments"...

Firstly, WOOO AGE OF EMPIRES!

Secondly, one of those guys had an axe.

AN AXE!
THIS IS HERESY!

:D

I just re-watched the video, and blimey I see it too! AAAAAAAAAAA! :D

:rofl::rofl: :D Great stuff, what program is the first movie/pic taken from?
The game is Age of Empires 1. It was just made using using screenshots and a gif animator.

It is good to see that warriors of Kanem Bornu know advanced military tactics, with that kind of tactical understanding it's impossible to lose.
It sure is. Wouldn't want to muck up with anything complicated.

Haha, I loved the animation. It was really cool!
Thanks. I had fun making it too.

Hilarious update, the magazine cover is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.:D
Why thank you good sir for the kind words.

YES! Age of Empires makes an appearance. Brilliant idea. Watch those rebels though... no matter how attractive they may be
Watch them ought to easier when they're attractive.

Age of empires, right? :eek:

For some reason I felt a fatal attraction to the painted woman :eek:o
Attracted to rebels are you? Might need to keep a watch on you....

Maybe, it looked like it now that I think. I only ever got AoE II and on, that must be the first one then... :D
It is the first one indeed.

AoE and Goldfinger all at once? Too much. And then the rag at the end? You, sir, are pushing the limit. And you only took 19 ducats! Sounds like you need Bi'erce Prosnann. :p
19 ducats isn't much but its more than would be gained by annexation of the province.

Haha, where is the time. I remeber playing Age of Empires I for hours without end. Fun game.
Fun game, terrible when compared to others from the same time like Starcraft, but fun.

... and looking back, it is brilliant, and yet rubbish at the same time
Quite right. Terrible and fun.

I just hope this issue of Rebellion will review my pitchfork v2.2...
v2.2 - Certainly a decent purchase for any rebel. Generally able to handle most tasks from brandishing right through to disemboweling. However it truly is a jack of all trades, master of none. Some issues with the centre of balance have been noted and might lead to issues of repetitive stress disorder of the wrist amongst older users. Similarly the rough finish on the handle has been criticised by urban users who find if wearing on the hands. Overall we will recommend this for moderate rebels. Those more serious or with a larger budget may like to opt for the RabbleRouser 2000X, complete with autoprod and splatter shield it truly is a pleasure to use.

Age of Empires?! :eek:

Oh, the memories...
Good or bad?

As long as the background is a tasteful rebel yell-ow, I hope to read that review as well.
I hope it is an adequate review.

Wait, 2.2 is out? Man, I'm so behind the times :(
It's not been out for too long yet but you might like to hurry down to the store soon as stocks have been selling fast.

Maybe we shall one day receive a kanem bornu version of Art of War? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Quite possibly.

Why are one of your men armed with an axe (I'm assuming the red guys are Oyo)? It's outrageous!
An axe is simply a sharpened club, thus it is ok.

I thought that too, but then I looked closer. It seems that man is actually sporting a chique but very retro, last-century triangular stone attached to a stick, in the following style:

stone-axe.jpg
Looks like a fun axe.

:eek: What?! Only 19 ducats? That hardly pays Konery's salary, let alone his in-duty expenses. Abu'd better start looking into some serious income source... Oyo certainly isn't one :(

Rebellion! is ace. The classiest cross-over I've ever seen between a Kill Bill poster and Heat magazine :rofl: I'm eagerly awaiting the new "Assemble your own antique club in 52 weekly instalments"...
:D I'd like to see a club with 52 pieces.

Firstly, WOOO AGE OF EMPIRES!

Secondly, one of those guys had an axe.

AN AXE!
THIS IS HERESY!

:D
I maintain that an axe is just a sharpened club and thus ok.

The Kanem Bornu clubbing Empire is coming along nicely, lets hope that the end of the world won't happen in its time like it did with the Shaybanids. :p
I think those issues have been fixed with EUIII now. Hopefully.

I just re-watched the video, and blimey I see it too! AAAAAAAAAAA! :D
I didn't expect so much hate for the axe.

flag1.gif

Times were quiet in Kanem Bornu once again. There wasn't much to do. Oh sure there was the animist uprising.
66-animists.jpg

But that kind of thing barely warrants a mention these days. Not until Shoshon came back from his undercover mission would interesting developments in that area be likely. Still there was no word from the spy.

68-tech.jpg

Technological progress was coming along. Some time within the next half century or so the great mysteries of "Level 1 forts" would be unlocked by Kanem Bornu's finest scientists.
44-dice.gif

Kanem Bornu's lead scientist consults the dice of science

Then came something interesting. Word of another neighbouring nation.
62-benin.jpg

Benin. At last the mysterious other nation with an elephant on it's flag was found. An excuse for war was soon found. Benin had a crown on their elephant while Kanem Bornu's did not. It could mean only one thing. Benin considered their elephant to be superior, perhaps even some sort of rightful emperor over Kanem Bornu's elephant.
63-crown.gif

Surely this crowned elephant represents some sort of claim to Kanem Bornu. At the very least it is just plain silly

Such motives and/or silliness could not continue. Abu sent the declaration of war. By now a standardised template was used to save time.
69-letter.jpg

67-beaten.jpg

The war was swift. And of course accompanied by the usual battle with the native natives on the way
65-natives.jpg

and on the way back.
battle-1.gif

64-peace.gif

Peace was settled for the princely sum of 70 ducats and the renouncing of Benin's claims on the province of Benin (due to more general silliness Oyo doesn't own the province of Oyo, Benin does and Benin doesn't own the province of Benin).

Another GREAT(!) AAR by Duke of Wellington.

Suscribed!:cool:

:D I'd like to see a club with 52 pieces.

Here you are... one piece for every week of the year :D

jigsawclub.jpg

K & B Publishing Co. latest weekly collectible.

63-crown.gif

Surely this crowned elephant represents some sort of claim to Kanem Bornu. At the very least it is just plain silly

Well done bringing Benin down to earth... who ever saw an elephant with a crown? :rolleyes: And anyway KB's flag colours are way way cooler.

So you're basically just extorting ducats from your neighbors. It's a good plan. They have more money than you'd make owning the province. Just keep warring with them to fill your bank book. Then you can buy that nice shiny club you've had your eyes on. :D

Do you plan to suck every ducat out of your neighbours before letting them join the, ehm, club?

Have you already thought of what kind of troopers will eventually replace your clubmen in the future? Jah-dahi knights with lightclubs, possibly? Although feeling the force is more apt for animists than for sunni...