+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanem Bornu - Out of the Sahara

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

For a moment here I thought that was a picture of the infamous "The Spy Who Clubbed Me" but turns out that fellow will come a bit later than Shoshon Konery.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    For a moment here I thought that was a picture of the infamous "The Spy Who Clubbed Me" but turns out that fellow will come a bit later than Shoshon Konery.
    Dr No, No, Please Don't Club Me Again?

I'm sorry, it was the best I could do. It's better than "You Only Live Once If You've Been Clubbed To Death". Yours was far better

Still eager for the update
    Last edited by Falastur; 20-01-2009 at 03:30.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Falastur View Post
    Dr No, No, Please Don't Club Me Again?

I'm sorry, it was the best I could do. It's better than "You Only Live Once If You've Been Clubbed To Death". Yours was far better
    Haha, I like those too, the first one is just too absurd Besides, you've got the correct spy unlike me. If you ignore that, you can go for stuff like "The Man with the Wooden Club", but with the right guy the best I can think of is "Clubs Are Forever". Although in Kanem Bornu's techgroup, I guess that's pretty close to accurate

But nah, I prefer the one in my previous post because it sounds quite similar to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    The Spy Who Clubbed Me, certainly a very infamous title indeed. He does come later and I believe is heavily influenced by Shoshon.

Falastur - Hmmm, maybe its a bit too much

Malurous - Haha, clubs are forever with our tech group certainly

It did please Abu greatly to look across the newly found border with Songhai and see that they too were experiencing trouble with animists.

It did not please Abu greatly to find that the animists having caused a stir in Songhai headed straight across the newly found border with Kanem Bornu and set about causing a stir there too.

Kanem Bornu is to animists what flames are to moths

Rebels were becoming an increasingly common problem for Kanem Bornu much to Abu's constant annoyance. There surely had to be a source of it all. So Shoshon Konery, Kanem Bornu's top spy was sent off in search of the answer that lay at the root of the rebel problem.

Konery sets off

In the meantime Abu reigned in the power of local officials even further. It was an effort to end dissent but inevitably led to more.

Peasants in Kano

Nationalists in Benin and of course the obligatory fight with native natives on the way

The nationalists put up little fight in the end although Abu couldn't help but feel the name Apithy was a little misleading. If only the people were more apithetic about the changes he made things would be a lot better.

Once again Abu made the most of the situation. Since the troops were already in place a declaration of war was sent to Oyo.

Good to see Shoshon Konery on the job. Shame you couldn't direct those rebels at Oyo first, to save your clubs some heavy beating, but you can't have everything.

Do you have any intention of colonising the open ground between Benin and Oyo and the Kanem Bornu mainland? Of course, it would somewhat remove a potential source of native native clubbing, but having a connected empire has to be a good thing, right? Indeed, can you colonise those provinces? I've never try an "uncivilised" country in EU3 so I'm not sure about the limitations, such as the cavalry etc.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: Warband

After defeating his Apathy, Abu finally goes after Oyo. Nice.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

In my Iroquois game Kanem Bornu has just managed an AI westernisation (towards the bottom of the post)!!!

Now you've got a goal

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    That Abu is a real hands-on kind of guy or need I say clubs-on...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Your marshal lets you know that someone in your government dowed Oyo?
    Konery surely is a brave man!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Are you sure that is Konery in the screenie above? Looks more like Rogir Moo're.

Sweet, another war!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnStar View Post
    In my Iroquois game Kanem Bornu has just managed an AI westernisation (towards the bottom of the post)!!!
    You've run out of bandwidth and it's delinked the images

And coz - I was wondering that myself. Still, at least iirc, Rogir Moo're was at the time fighting those not so far from being Animists

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous
    Certainly not! There are no blond spies in Kanem Bornu Shoshon was however in "Witch Doctor No", "Clubfinger" and "From Kongo with Love"

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington View Post
    There surely had to be a source of it all. So Shoshon Konery, Kanem Bornu's top spy was sent off in search of the answer that lay at the root of the rebel problem.
    Let me guess... evil animist organisation Elektra
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Beware of technologically advanced spies...

They have advanced Kanem Bornu's signature technology and combined it with some new ultra-high tech item...a shoe (whatever the hell that is)!

Man Of Many Wiles Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent
    Its a shoe radio of course. Still, onwards Kanem Bornu!
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Shoshon was however in "Witch Doctor No", "Clubfinger" and "From Kongo with Love"
    All of which are better names than anything I could come up with

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

"Diamonds are Forever. Your Face, As Will Soon Be Demonstrated, Is Not."

A biiiiiit of a stretch, but I couldn't resist.
    AAR: Rise of Tahuantinsuyo (Inca) Hegemony in America. Abandoned; the final update is up, taking it to 1522.

Mod Projects: EU3 Tribal Escape Micromod (TEM) , EU3 Modifier Tweaks Experiment , The HoI Alternative History Pack

Hope is the strongest liquor.

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Very nice work, as always, DoW!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Those Animists are nothing but bunch of trouble makers.

But it's certainly good reason for a future war that those nasty foreigners in Songhai decided to send their animists to Kanem Bornu.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Olaus Petrus View Post
    Those Animists are nothing but bunch of trouble makers.

But it's certainly good reason for a future war that those nasty foreigners in Songhai decided to send their animists to Kanem Bornu.
    Careful, though; I've seen Songhai field over 20k armies, enough to beat back even a small European force until attrition takes them down. Not that Duke's clubs aren't ferocious, or anything
    AAR: Rise of Tahuantinsuyo (Inca) Hegemony in America. Abandoned; the final update is up, taking it to 1522.

Mod Projects: EU3 Tribal Escape Micromod (TEM) , EU3 Modifier Tweaks Experiment , The HoI Alternative History Pack

Hope is the strongest liquor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast