• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For a moment here I thought that was a picture of the infamous "The Spy Who Clubbed Me" but turns out that fellow will come a bit later than Shoshon Konery.

For a moment here I thought that was a picture of the infamous "The Spy Who Clubbed Me" but turns out that fellow will come a bit later than Shoshon Konery.

Dr No, No, Please Don't Club Me Again?

I'm sorry, it was the best I could do. It's better than "You Only Live Once If You've Been Clubbed To Death". Yours was far better :p

Still eager for the update ;)

Last edited:
Dr No, No, Please Don't Club Me Again?

I'm sorry, it was the best I could do. It's better than "You Only Live Once If You've Been Clubbed To Death". Yours was far better :p

Haha, I like those too, the first one is just too absurd :rofl: Besides, you've got the correct spy unlike me. If you ignore that, you can go for stuff like "The Man with the Wooden Club", but with the right guy the best I can think of is "Clubs Are Forever". Although in Kanem Bornu's techgroup, I guess that's pretty close to accurate :D

But nah, I prefer the one in my previous post because it sounds quite similar to the original.

The Spy Who Clubbed Me, certainly a very infamous title indeed. He does come later and I believe is heavily influenced by Shoshon.

Falastur - Hmmm, maybe its a bit too much :D

Malurous - Haha, clubs are forever with our tech group certainly :D

flag1.gif

It did please Abu greatly to look across the newly found border with Songhai and see that they too were experiencing trouble with animists.
56-troubleabroad.jpg

It did not please Abu greatly to find that the animists having caused a stir in Songhai headed straight across the newly found border with Kanem Bornu and set about causing a stir there too.
54animists.jpg

Kanem Bornu is to animists what flames are to moths

Rebels were becoming an increasingly common problem for Kanem Bornu much to Abu's constant annoyance. There surely had to be a source of it all. So Shoshon Konery, Kanem Bornu's top spy was sent off in search of the answer that lay at the root of the rebel problem.
bond7.jpg

Konery sets off

In the meantime Abu reigned in the power of local officials even further. It was an effort to end dissent but inevitably led to more.
57cent.jpg

53-rebels.jpg

Peasants in Kano

58-nativenatives.jpg

Nationalists in Benin and of course the obligatory fight with native natives on the way

The nationalists put up little fight in the end although Abu couldn't help but feel the name Apithy was a little misleading. If only the people were more apithetic about the changes he made things would be a lot better.
52-apathy.jpg

Once again Abu made the most of the situation. Since the troops were already in place a declaration of war was sent to Oyo.
55-oyodow.jpg

Good to see Shoshon Konery on the job. Shame you couldn't direct those rebels at Oyo first, to save your clubs some heavy beating, but you can't have everything.

Do you have any intention of colonising the open ground between Benin and Oyo and the Kanem Bornu mainland? Of course, it would somewhat remove a potential source of native native clubbing, but having a connected empire has to be a good thing, right? Indeed, can you colonise those provinces? I've never try an "uncivilised" country in EU3 so I'm not sure about the limitations, such as the cavalry etc.

In my Iroquois game Kanem Bornu has just managed an AI westernisation (towards the bottom of the post)!!!

Now you've got a goal ;)

That Abu is a real hands-on kind of guy or need I say clubs-on...:D

Are you sure that is Konery in the screenie above? Looks more like Rogir Moo're. ;)

Sweet, another war!

Malurous said:

Certainly not! There are no blond spies in Kanem Bornu :rolleyes: Shoshon was however in "Witch Doctor No", "Clubfinger" and "From Kongo with Love" :rofl:

There surely had to be a source of it all. So Shoshon Konery, Kanem Bornu's top spy was sent off in search of the answer that lay at the root of the rebel problem.

Let me guess... evil animist organisation Elektra :D

Beware of technologically advanced spies...

don_adams.jpg

They have advanced Kanem Bornu's signature technology and combined it with some new ultra-high tech item...a shoe (whatever the hell that is)!

Its a shoe radio of course. Still, onwards Kanem Bornu!

Those Animists are nothing but bunch of trouble makers.

But it's certainly good reason for a future war that those nasty foreigners in Songhai decided to send their animists to Kanem Bornu.

Those Animists are nothing but bunch of trouble makers.

But it's certainly good reason for a future war that those nasty foreigners in Songhai decided to send their animists to Kanem Bornu.

Careful, though; I've seen Songhai field over 20k armies, enough to beat back even a small European force until attrition takes them down. Not that Duke's clubs aren't ferocious, or anything :D