+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanem Bornu - Out of the Sahara

Kanem Bornu - Out of the Sahara

Welcome to my latest AAR. For this one I'll be playing as the nation of Kanem Bornu. Who's that you say? Well stick with me and I'll fill you in, but in the meantime a few other details. This game is being played with In Nomine and the Whole World Mod which removes all the Permanent Terra Incognita. All settings are normal with the exception of lucky nations which is switched to random.

I'm not a particularly skilled player so to cover that up I will be roleplaying this AAR which more or less means no particularly gamey tactics and trying to keep things generally realistic. Now without further ado, the AAR.

This picture more or less sums up the situation in Kanem Bornu in 1399. First we see that the world consists of a lot of unknown and not a lot of Kanem Bornu. What can be said is that we are somewhere in Africa. It's not a big help but it's a start.

Next we find that foreign policy might more aptly be termed Hausa policy. Hausa is the only other nation we even know exists. This is certainly not a nation that dabbles in great power politics like some sort of Saharan Bismarck.

Thirdly we see the most pressing situation in Kanem Bornu at the moment. Rebels. 3000 of them. 2000 more men than Kanem Bornu actually controls to be exact. This will be difficult to stop.

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    That rebel situation provides you with a rocky and potentially hilarious beginning to this story.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Awesome! A new Duke of Wellington AAR! You know I'm on board.

But the position...Doh! Not what you wanted when you started. Good luck getting out of this. Perhaps those rebels are uzbek.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Wow... Rebels follow you where ever you go, don't they?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Great to se you start a new AAR, specially when you're using such a challenging country, good luck and I'll be following.
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Yes I do want to read this from the start!

There are just too many good AAR coming out

Tough position, interesting how you are going to dig yourself out.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I especially love the possibility to wide and extensive diplomatic intrigue, which your foreign, er... I mean Hausa policy offers.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Submit to the glorious revolution! Spread the revolution to Hausa, the only other nation on the planet and your bitter rival.
    I read your Shaybanid AAR a couple weeks ago and loved it. I'm really looking forward to what you can do with this.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hopefully this won't be renamed "Confessions of an African Speedbump"...

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Spread Liberty throughout the World and don´t let Africa be vassalized!

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Maharaja of Fenno-Scandia Ahura Mazda's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Kamen Bornu! Of all countries you choose Kamen Bornu!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Where is the Bismarck os Sahara hiding?
    Nice nice, I will be following.

Ah, finally a DoW-AAR that I can follow from the start. Good luck!

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Good nation choice. It's much mroe fun with little silly nations in a corner somewere. (Why did you use the Whole world mod eliminating the corner?)
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good stuff, Duke. Did you pick your new nation by scanning the world for the first rebellion you could find?

One of these days you need to do an AAR as the rebels in some kind of anAARchist's paradise AAR and conquer the world for the forces of anti-governmentarianism. And then I foresee rebellions against the rebel government

HoI AnthologyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

seems like this could be a challenge
    I eat meat in protest that the vegans eat the animals food!

Colombus didn't need to stop and ask for the way, so I don't need it either.

Awarded the title of "Honorary Finn" by Tuore.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Interesting choice...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast