• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An amazing achievement in terms of game-play. As for the writing, the dramatic tension of the first contacts with Europeans gave way to that of not knowing just how far the WC could go, thanks to your choice of not allowing any shortcuts. You must be applauded.

I think this AAR will become legendary, a textbook example to refer all the newbies and not-so-newbies to (it's already happening), much like WS2_32's WC with Xhosa, for example, in EU2.

Congratulations again.

This is a historical thing for Eu3, and you are one of the greatest Eu3 players around! =D

I salute you :)

(WC with Navarra next?)

This AAR just shocked me :p not that i don't like it

IT'S AWESOME :D!

you conquered the world ^^ you must be the best EU3 player around

Concrats on doing VENI VIDI VICI :D!

Ahw too bad that you will only miss a few provinces.

Shouldn't you be almost dying of rebellions everywhare around? (And how do you keep your WE so low...many small army stacks?)

WE is related to nation size - large nations simply don't get as much WE (but burn it off at the same rate) as smaller ones. After a while, WE pretty much becomes a non-issue, especially once he reduced attrition with the Improved Foraging NI.

I love how the majority of the world's population is now Iroquois. :D

Awesome AAR, very well done, not just an awesome achievement considering your starting position and the fact that you only really started your assault on the world in the last decades of the 1600s, but also because this is an AAR that you can learn from. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I do agree with Olaus Petrus though, once it was apparent that nobody could face you it kinda became redundant. But the desperate run to achieve a WC by 1821 added some much-needed fun to the game too, to be fair.

Awesome, just awesome

I agree with Kami, and where can one find that stats generator?

Yeah, couldn't find a post by you in the past few pages, so I went for the lazy man's solution ;)

Nice work, PrawnStar. I don't suppose we're going to see a narrative from you anytime soon. ;)

Now, I'd like to see a WC with MMP. :)

I still don’t think I’ll try a New World country; there’s too much sitting around time. If you do try something else in the future, I think vanilla Ethiopia could be tough depending on the Mamluks attitude and your willingness to use bribes. But a WC MMP game with Ryuku (the land of the about to be annexed) may garner more views than even this project here.

FEEDBACK

Thank you to everyone who has commented or read this AAR. I'm very happy that I managed to write something that attracted so much interest - 200,000+ views in five months! Thanks to all of you who have posted such kind words since the end of the AAR.

Particular thanks to those people whose constant support (and posting) was and is greatly appreciated demokratickid, Enewald, naggy, aldriq, comagoosie and Lord Strange.

Responses to some individual points:

Lord Strange - What! there are rules stopping me from having a second cookie? That's a shame because then I could put 'Cookie and Bar' in my sig :)

magdat - the AI handles non-Pagan threats a bit better as alliances are honoured. Realistically there are better things in the game for Paradox to work on - not many people go on world conquering rampages with the Iroquois.

Rabid Bogling - A lot more than 2/3s Iroquois rule the seas as well

C'est Moi - the GH 4 province escape was a miscalculation while Milan was just not appreciating how many wars a dozen provinces would take.

Olaus Petrus - As always I enjoy and appreciate your comments, I agree with much of what you say. It's the nature of EU3 that by the second half of the Grand Campaign boredom is setting in for many players as there isn't that much challenge.

I suspect that the first part of the AAR up to the eviction of the Europeans from North America is of interest to nearly everyone who plays EU3. Later updates focus on warfare because there isn't much else going on. The drive to WC is repetitive. WC is pretty tedious, there's a lot of going over the same ground, micromanagement and rebel control.

Not many AARs go into detail about the later stages of conquering the world and I kinow from the forum there is a lot of curiosity about that. Since the interest level was so high I thought I'd talk about that at length rather than just a post that said 'In the last hundred years I conquered the world'.

At least I didn't talk about rebels, that really would have bored people.

RaekReborn - "Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam" is a Latin misquote meaning roughly "Furthermore, Castille must be destroyed".

The original "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" comes from the Roman politican Cato the Elder who was in the habit of finishing all his speeches with this demand regardless of what he had previously discussed.

Icekommander - Everyone can do this, you've just got to have some patience.

forodrova - Rebel control is a complete nightmare! I have well over 500,000 troops doing nothing but killing rebs. 'Improved Foraging' is superb it eliminates attrition WE.

Pirate Z - I hoped that the 'how far will he get before the end' added some tension and enjoyment. It kept me focused.

Kami - If you want to know comagoosie's stats why don't you PM him ;)

Brandenburg III - Narrative? You mean a proper grown-up hello I'm a writer type AAR? Not much chance of that, my writing style is too dry and factual for that to work. I might, might, just be able to manage a chapter in a history book style but I suspect it'll be another gameplay AAR if I do another AAR.

The house was finally bought this weekend and I now have an utterly massive list of things to do but when I do get the chance to do some playing I need to find a faction to play. So far people have suggested Ryukyu, Maldives, Mazovia, Navarra and Ethiopia. None of these greatly appeal, I've had a quick test at Mongol Khanate -> Buddhist Mughal Empire with a no westernisation house rule...