• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Solikamsk reached, outstanding!

FEEDBACK

Enewald - It's a green world, I'm thinking of renaming it Kermit ;)

No timeline extension, just the game as Johan made it :)

praxiteles - Shamanist Rome, wait and see, colonisation of Siberia, wait and see. Ottoman annexation, not from here without some very odd goings on.

Expansion was slow and careful until not too many decades ago. I don't like the idea of accepting AI offers, even now I only do it to save diplomats.

aldriq - Remember as a Pagan my enemies don't call allies. For anyone else the enemy coalitions would have been bigger.

Felius - Looks funny now but I was serious at the time, all I wanted was to stay alive.

Lord Strange - Well, this game won't be a WC, althought next time I play an American Pagan it probably will be. I keep thinking Aztec has a very interesting starting position and getting across the Pacific a century earlier would be interesting..

Teurlinx - True, this has got a bit bigger than I originally planned but once I saw the response from the forum I felt I should keep going. The viewcount has been incredible as this thread is only five months old.

Hopefully I get the keys to my new house on Friday so I'll have break from AAR writing for a little while then I guess I'll be looking for a new counry to play.

Kami - BB wars aren't hardcore enough, if you couldn't get out of war as everyone DOWs as soon as possible you'd have to be very careful to control WE. See also my comments to Aldriq.

Wayloss - Quite right, please form an orderly queue to be annexed :D

Olaus Petrus - Absolutely, the conversions continue to the very end. If I could generate more missionaries I'd convert more. I'm thinking about a Shia or Buddhist World Conversion game.

naggy - It's possible...

Xelzefeyr- Hi and welcome along. Sweden could be annexed but the time and diplomat constraints mean it probably will survive.

demokratickid - Very kind of you ;)

Didaa - No mods, no cheats, no edits. That way lies the Dark Side!

I imagine Iroquois Shamen all sound a bit like Yoda.

comagoosie - How does that change things? I went straight from 1.3 to 3.1

Chief Savage Ma - Thanks, at least I'm hoping that's positive :cool:

Azugal - Not long before you find out!

Velko - Yes I'm pretty pleased by that - when Brandenburg III suggested it I thought how on earth am I meant to get there but hey just gotta keep going.

XtraJones - Honoured to get your first post, glad you've liked it!

Chapter Eighty One

I was planning a war with Tver in April 1818 to use the Golden Horde’s guarantee but that guarantee has just lapsed! There is no easy way to war with the Horde, as they no longer guarantee anyone and I’ve just finished wars with them and their only vassal Ryazan.

It looks as if the Horde will be like Milan and the Ottomans and survive as more than an OPM.

Peace with the Ottomans – April 1818

eu3319.jpg

This deal eliminates Ottoman vassal Bosnia and captures the Ottoman COT in Bithynia. The Ottomans can still be attacked via their vassal Serbia (out of truce late 1819) and guaranteed OPM Corfu.

Antigua converts – 23rd April 1818

Rome converts – 18th May 1818

eu3320.jpg

Two out of three ain't bad :rolleyes:

Gondwana peaces out for a core and some cash in June 1818, if I’d had the diplomats they’d have been annexed (just like several other OPMs in this situation).

Tunja converts – 20th June 1818

War with Corfu – July 1818

eu3321.jpg

As expected the Ottomans honour their guarantee although the lack of any military suggests this may be unwise…

Judea converts – 10th August 1818

eu3322.jpg

That’s it for religious objectives in this game. I’ll keep sending missionaries and hope to convert one or two more provinces in the Caribbean.

Peace with the Timurids – September 1818

eu3323.jpg

War with Manchu – September 1818. I’ve been hoping three province Manchu would DOW me as they are now out of truce but the establishment of a Regency there doesn’t leave me with any options but to DOW them myself.

Peace with Milan – November 1818

eu3324.jpg

Milan is reduced to four provinces and I’d guess that it’s still about 200 points of war score.

War with Switzerland – December 1818

eu3325.jpg

Milan is dragged straight back to war through its guarantee of Swiss independence. The complete lack of a Milanese military presumably the reason for Swiss war leadership. The final Milanese fort will fall on the 6th of January, 37 days after the war started.

The Diplomatic candidate in the December 1818 election turns out to be a real gem! Diplo 8 so I should manage 9 more diplomats before the end of the game.

eu3326.jpg

Corfu accepts annexation – May 1819

War with Denmark – May 1819

eu3327.jpg

Les Cayes converts – 9th June 1819

7th July 1819 – The last province is colonised!

eu3328.jpg

Every province on the map is now inhabited; there will be two or three that don’t reach city status by the time the game ends.

Peace with the Ottomans – August 1819

eu3329.jpg

I have a horrible feeling that the remaining Ottoman provinces + vassal Serbia will be just more than 100 points of war score. Serbia is available to DOW at the end of the year.

Quijos converts – 11th September 1819

War with Serbia – November 1819

eu3330.jpg

The day the truce runs out I DOW Serbia, it should be possible to reduce the Ottomans to an OPM before game end even if I can’t manage to annex Serbia at the same time.

31st December 1819 - The Iroquois Republic is at war with:

• Manchu - 100% occupied
  • Switzerland and Milan – 100% occupied
  • Ottoman Empire and Serbia – 100% occupied
  • Sweden and Denmark – 100% occupied

The World – 31st December 1819

eu3mapall1819.jpg

The Greater Iroquois Republic – 31st December 1819

eu3mapiro1819.jpg

Looking back to the country list from 1800:

Timurid Empire – 46 provinces and 3 colonies / 4 provinces
Sweden – 29 provinces / 3 provinces
Golden Horde – 28 provinces / 8 provinces
Ottoman Empire – 28 provinces / 5 provinces
Milan – 24 provinces / 4 provinces
Manchu – 23 provinces / 3 provinces
Bohemia – 13 provinces / OPM
Great Britain – 8 provinces / Annexed
Ryazan – 7 provinces / Diploannexed by the Golden Horde
Japan – 5 provinces / OPM
Nepal – 5 provinces / Annexed
Tibet – 5 provinces / Annexed
Chagatai – 4 provinces / Annexed

Two province countries

Bosnia (Ottoman vassal) / Annexed
Castile / Annexed
Ceylon / Annexed
Denmark / OPM
Korea / OPM
Pskov / Annexed
Serbia (Ottoman vassal) / OPM
Travancore / OPM

One province minors

Bengal / Annexed
Burgundy / Annexed
Byzantine Empire / Annexed
Corfu / Annexed
Corsica / Annexed
Crete / no change
Cyprus / no change
Dai Viet / no change
France / Annexed
Friesland / Annexed
Gelre (Bohemian vassal) / Diploannexed by Bohemia
Gondwana / no change
Gotland / no change
Kashmir / no change
Kurland / Annexed
Maharasthra / no change
Mainz / no change
Maldive / no change
Mongol Khanate / Annexed
Mysore / Annexed
Oirat Horde / Annexed
Orissa / no change
Polotsk / Annexed
Rajputana / Annexed
Switzerland / no change
Taungu / Annexed
The Papal State / Annexed
Tver / no change
Yemen / no change

There are six countries left with more than one province;

• Timurid Empire – 4 provinces
  • Sweden – 3 provinces
  • Golden Horde - 8 provinces
  • Ottoman Empire – 5 provinces
  • Milan – 4 provinces
  • Manchu – 3 provinces

Sweden. Manchu and the Ottomans will all be reduced to OPMs within the next year. Milan should lose one or two provinces while a truce breaking war against the Horde should cost them several provinces and reduce the Timurids to OPM status.

FEEDBACK

Enewald - It's a green world, I'm thinking of renaming it Kermit ;)

Didaa - No mods, no cheats, no edits. That way lies the Dark Side!

I imagine Iroquois Shamen all sound a bit like Yoda.

Hopefully, a little taller than Yoda. Mention of Kermit puts me on the look out for Miss Piggy. I can't see you leaving a country big enough for Miss Piggy, though.

Holy Macaroni :D

Looks as if you could easily still manage a "WC Jr.," in which every province is occupied, if not owned.

Well, He already has :p

Remember as a Pagan my enemies don't call allies. For anyone else the enemy coalitions would have been bigger.

I keep forgetting... but that's another rule that should be more flexible, based on the size of the pagan :rolleyes:

Before the end, don't you forget Gotland! :D

Enjoy the new house! Who knows what new challenge you'll come up with... a MMP Ethiopia? :eek:

you are short of diplomats but you are still annexing OPM's (Corfu?). Why? On the other hand, it is advantageous to me since it would decrease the chances Konstantiniyye will fall.

Money shortage (real life money, not ducats) problems leave me with an antiquated PC so I cannot play EU3. But in EU2 as long as I remember, AI peace offers were always better than any offer that they would accept if I offered. OMG my English sucks big time, that was probably a faulty sentence. What I mean is, AI would not accept a particular offer from me, but when I leave it to itself, it would make a better peace offer to me. It seems (from your comment) that is not like that anymore in EU3.

I do not want to make comments on your next AAR before this one is finished but I have to say that both Shia (or Buddhist) conversion or Incan WC sounds really exciting. On the other hand, I do not know if possible, it would be a great show if you made a survival AAR like this one with Maldives. Beginning with high expectations may water down the enjoyment of achievement.

Wow, oh wow still not done yet? Haha I thought for sure when I read you wanted to get it done the first week of may that when I got here it'd all be over. Looks like I got this post in just in time.

I really thought you were gonna do it even though you kept doubting yourself. Obviously you'll be as close as possible and I know I will have no trouble saying Iroquois rule the world.

Hats off to you sir, and thanks for a very enjoyable read.

If anyone has heard any Dane Cook I couldn't help but think about his sketch about 100 foot tall native americans coming out of spaceships one day.

Wise Beaver and Bear Paw to the end!

Glad that you reached your religious goals, but too bad that it wasn't possible to aim even higher.

There's 40 hours till I go to Miklagarðr, so I hope that you'll finish before that. Otherwise I'll have to wait two weeks before I see how you finished this.