• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FEEDBACK

Duke of Wellington - Warnings (especially) and Guarantees can make for some very strange wars. The trick is to stop the warnings stacking up against you by regular DOWs AND making sure the enemies are widely spread, unable to assist each other while allowing you the opportunity to use as many different units as possible (ie fighting on multiple fronts).

Duke of Wellington (again) - It is a bad joke, it makes European provinces virtually worthless to Burgundy :( That said it's very funny.

demokratickid - That pop up was a definite jawdropper!

birdboy2000 - The Burgundian king might have ran away but give the endless huge revolts I don't think anyone else did!

comagoosie - I'll settle for it simply being a highlight in mine :)

Rensslaer - I think they started running away to the East until they ran out of land :rofl:

sbr - Are you a shamanist then? :p

Raaritsgozilla, Falastur & ColossusCrusher - Imageshack was a bit flaky last night, hopefully the pictures are fine for you now.

aldriq - They certainly can't hide, I get Latin tech mapspread :rofl:

ForsakenBlack - Sarah Palin, don't see it personally but some people like the 'sexy' (scary) librarian thing :wacko:

Novea - Marines, that's the answer.

Kami - Exactly :rofl:

kazper - You've spotted it, the real significance of that screenshot. This will be adequately demonstrated in the next update.

Vann the Red - :D

Chapter Fifty Two

Syria annexed June 1777

17/06/1777 Belize converts

It’s three months into the war before I encounter any meaningful Ottoman resistance. It’s not good news, at land tech 51 they’re fielding Eastern Uhlans and Eastern Carabineers – real, modern troops.

By October 1777 war exhaustion has stabilised at 6.27 with a slight downward trend. Both Morocco and Oyo are occupied and waiting for a diplomat to deliver the letter of annexation. Castile is up to 87% war score and waiting for a siege or two to complete and the Ottos, well they’re in trouble…

Anatolia

eu326.jpg

War is declared on Great Britain – October 1777, they still haven’t got their act together to stage a defence.

01/01/1778 Oyo is annexed.

Peace with Castile - 01/03/1778

eu327.jpg

Al last, enough sieges complete to get my war score high enough for a 100 point peace deal. Nothing very special in this peace deal, just a few more provinces reducing Castile’s coastline and hence naval capacity and there’s another reason but that’s classified.

May 1778 and war exhaustion has fallen to 5.45 as there has been neither signifiant combat nor attrition through overstacking. The lack of combat has also been very good for my manpower and rebel control (I’ve had the chance to kill a lot of them). I might just manage another war before needing to stop and take a rest.

Iroquois declare war on Cyprus bringing guarantors France and Burgundy!

eu328.jpg

I wasn’t expecting France to be alliance leader. It’s a nusiance as I can occupy enough French territory to get a 100 point peace deal without using battle score while I can’t easily do that against Burgundy. One thing is clear neither country is in good shape.

Opening Battles – 14/06/1778

eu329.jpg

I let the French doomstack (their only one) and a Burgundian doomstack (not their only one) come to me to fight on my land to keep the WE under control. Of course I have concerns that if I lose this type of battle a large enemy army will be besieging one of my provinces. However, that army is likely to be too short on morale to storm a level 5 fortress so I’d get a second go at defeating them.

Look at the difference in outcomes. The French have a good leader and the defence bonus yet they’ve bled very heavily compared to my forces while the leaderless Burgundians have put up a strong fight – that’s the power of the Latin Cuirassier on a good dice roll.

Both stacks are dragging artillery around with them and will take into next month to escape. I’ll time the pursuit very carefully to make sure I reach their destination provinces ahead of them but after the start of July. That way they receive lots of attrition and I don’t. Also my troops will reinforce at the highest rate as well as regaining morale and I’ll have any defensive bonus from being there first.

The Burgundian army dies too fast to spot the next month! Charles of France manages to sneak a few troops away from defeat in Provence.

6th September 1778 – Siege of Constantinople

eu330.jpg

There has been virtually no Ottoman resistance and as they’ve just got stuck in a war with a Bohemian alliance as well there’s not much likeliihood of it either.

13/09/1778 Ojibwa converts, honestly this time North America is Shamanist.

01/11/1778 Morocco accepts annexation

Peace with Great Britain – November 1778

eu331.jpg

This remains a deeply disappointing AI performance. There have been no fortification upgrades since I first took provinces on the British mainland and while the Brits have troops they seem to based in India.

12/12/1778 – Louisiana’s Quest for Independence fires and 5000 Dulkairi nationalists rise in arms in the province of Mus. Does anyone know if this has been fixed in IN 3.2 as surely the revolt should occur in the potential capital of the revolter state.

30/12/1778 Pipil converts

Manchu warns us - 05/01/1779

eu332.jpg

This is another one of those things that complicates matters…

Peace with Burgundy - June 1779

eu333.jpg

A side effect of the Burgundian relocation to Kamchatka has been the massive change in province values. This peace deal takes all of the northern half of Burgundy in Europe barring the one province that borders Bohemia.

Peace with France – June 1779

eu334.jpg

Both France and Burgundy are on the way out even if final annexation is some way off.

08/09/1779 The Jalayirids warn us

Peace with the Ottomans – October 1779

eu335.jpg

World Map 1780

eu3mapall1780.jpg

The Greater Iroquois Republic 1780

eu3mapiro1780.jpg

As of 01/01/1780 War exhaustion is 5.16 and falling at 0.25 a month (0.14 from Admin 9 ruler, 0.08 from peace and 0.03 from DotF).

BB is 532.70 / 7.00

Ten years ago at the end of Chapter Forty Six I set objectives for the 1770’s

“Annexation of Aragon, Mamluks and France, Castile reduced to West Africa, Great Britain beaten twice and Burgundy driven from France proper. I also want to clean up the remaining non Iroquois provinces in Indonesia / Philippines and Australasia.”

Not too far from success. France is still around but only four provinces strong. While the Burgundians still hold islands south of Asia I’ve done far more damage in Europe. Castile still has one province in Iberia but now that it’s a COT the price is rather too high.

Objectives for the next decade include:

Two more successful wars against GB
Reduction of France to an OPM
Burgundy driven from Europe
Further damage to both Castile and the OE
Territory in coastal China
&
Further reduction in the numbers of minor neighbours​

Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam​

It seems like you decimated Turkey a little too early. Just imagine the shock of those citizens...Indians with huge canoes that can cross the great ocean. That is something to think about, whether or not the Indians copied the Europeans in ship design or built on their existing canoe. ;)

Turkey - ah good point - They are also at war with two other alliances and there weren't many other provinces I could get to. So I took what I could and then went home.

Just wanted to say that even though it has become slightly trivial, you have done a truly awesomely badass job by conquering half the world as some backwater indian nation :) Its strange their units dont get better, by now they should have learnt a trick or two.. :p

I'd say port this to Victoria, but somehow I don't think Ricky was designed to have the Timurids and Iroquois as the two main world powers...

Wow, that leader, White Wolf something has an overall of 20 points. Best leader I've ever seen, also nicely done wars.

And the best you'll ever see. It just doesn't get better than that.

What about the Legions of Timur and Bohemia ? Aren't they part of the greater plan ? You will have to start soon, if either must face annexation!

And the best you'll ever see. It just doesn't get better than that.

With full defensive and Engineers Corps, you might be able to get 21 points (6/6/6/3).

Can't wait for the 1790/1800s where hopefully we will see showdowns against Milan, Bohemia and/or TE. :cool:

As always, a great read, and some good progress there too. The Kamchatka move... priceless, if a little disappointing in making it way too easy to take masses of Burgundian land. But, hey, if the game is silly enough to do it for you...

**New objective for the decade**
~Iroquois invent nuke~

haha :)

But seriously very well played, not that this AAR is over for a little bit
have you given thought to your next AAR country (if you will have a new one that is)
i suggest one of the provinces of Ireland cuz i can't win as one of them =/

I think complete WC is not impossible. Though the map does not seem so at first sight, provinces in Asia are far bigger than European provinces. Also Asian countries have units comparable to your native units. I say Timurids and GH will fall apart quicker than one would imagine.

PS: Adana is my hometown. Sigh. Just tell me when it converts so I'll replace praying with wild pagan dance.

I think complete WC is not impossible.

The real obstacle, I think, is the limited supply of diplomats and the diplomatic hassle involved in declaring repeated wars. Militarily, I suspect WC would be pretty straightforward here. The serious opposition is already dead.

But carving up a big empire, it's tough to take more than a few provinces at a time, and there are only so many allies or guarantees one can exploit for repeated declarations of war. Dismantling that big red central Asian blob before the clock runs out is a tall order, even if I'd expect any of the wars individually to be cakewalks.

Wow, that leader, White Wolf something has an overall of 20 points. Best leader I've ever seen, also nicely done wars.

And he has one of the coolest names of any EU3 leader, too