• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aha! I believe I am the someone who asked in the Maya thread. Will be very interesting to follow. Good luck.

Very kind of you to notify about this work of yours in our SG. I hope it doesn't distract you from completing your turn though ;).

I shall be following, although I am totally unfamiliar with EU3. I like your writing, PrawnStar.

FEEDBACK
My word, I appear to be popular! 23 replies and 650 views in barely 24 hours after a first post in which nothing actually happens :cool:

daman123 Thanks, I suspect I'll need more than a bit of luck.

Duke of Wellington I'm hoping that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I suspect delusions of grandeur after my Maya moment.

comagoosie Hey there, good to see you onboard after all your support in my Castile AAR. I suspect Mecklenburg is safe from me this time :)

coz1 Let's hope I can keep it interesting.

Inner Circle Cherokee have an unpleasant strategic position. Getting tag teamed by Creek/Shawnee is inevitable and it's not even an answer to annex them because they revolt free at the next succession :(

Colonel Bran It's doable with a native tribe - but the gap between westernising and reforming the government gets really nervy. Don't edit the savegame, bite your nails and hope you still have a decent ruler ;)

urdh Have some faith, I'm sure I'll last long enough to make a second update :rofl:

TheConqueror Sadly natives are somewhat underpowered but if I find someone to overpower I'll try it.

Lord Strange Maya might just have been a lucky break, now I have to do it again :eek:

Irenicus I don't mod or edit ever, it's all about respecting the integrity of the game and because I don't know how to :D To be honest I'll take George Bush as High Elder if he's got Admin 7.

Griffen Good points - hopefully they'll be dealt with to your satisfaction. Iroquois + Huron = 9 provinces, happy times. Cherokee + neighbours = 18 provinces, unhappy times.

Tribal Despotism allows conversion at Gov't 2 as opposed to Tribal Democracy's Gov't 10 but it will be a nightmare on the domestic policy sliders. From memory given Iroquois' starting point you'd be in breach of policy restriction for Centralisation, Aristocracy and Innovative. That's possibly RR in right culture, right religion provinces at full stability, not viable I think.

Inner Circle, I think Irenicus has answered. It is indeed an Obama reference.

Brandenburg III If playing a native american tribe put the game on fast and go to lunch. Feel free to ask if some of the IN stuff isn't too clear and I'll explain.

Jaspume Native American games are basically lots of waiting around and then getting annexed in about 5 months, I hope I can make a show of it.

naggy Is that how I convert? I've been wondering if there is a way. It's a good idea, the trick is going to be seizng a colony without getting annexed in revenge.

Capibara Let's hope I can deliver!

Vladislav How did you guess? Actually, I need to move Centralised as well :D

Mannisks Good to see you here!

Demon1 Tribal successions? I don't think so!

Emperor_krk Am I tempting you away from the path of EU2 deterministic goodness? ;) Always happy to explain stuff if you want and I hoping my writing will actually improve a bit through the practice.

Rastar Good to see you along. Sadly I don't think there'll be anything quite as impressive as your first Malaccan war against Ming.

Olav Oh dear, another EU2 guy straying on to the dark side!

Update to follow...

Chapter Two
All Quiet on the Eastern Front

Starting moves – +1 Innovative and Encourage Divination. Vision Quest* is introduced a year later when I pick up the necessary Theologian. The preferred troop type is swapped from Native American Archer to the slightly more robust Native American Spearman.

The early economy

EU3_2.jpg

Iroquois is too poor to support ‘Great Men’ and too primitive to trade (I haven’t discovered how to send merchants yet).

22/09/1410 Slider move Centralised

Spring 1414 A brief pre-emptive war seizes Ontario and Ottawa then claims the cores and 275 ducats in the peace. One way or another I want Huron taken and cored before I get new neighbours. Huron patriot rebels are an ongoing problem only solved when Iroquois cores on the two captured provinces.

31/08/1421 Slider move Centralised

29/10/1432 Slider move Centralised

Spring 1434 I finally get a useful mission, ‘Conquer Niagara’ which gives a core on the province when taken. Nice, no rebels!

Niagara is seized in April 1434, cores the next day and Huron becomes an accepted culture at the start of May. Huron hand over 350 ducats and cores for peace. They are now reduced to only their capital. The new mission is ‘Conquer Huron’ and gain a core! I also gain a core via a boundary dispute so the stab hit will only be one instead of three. Jan 1440 Huron is attacked and annexed. Province count is nine, at the limit of what can be done without the risk of a succession crisis every time my ruler dies.

26/12/1443 Slider move Innovative

Great Iroquois

EU3_3.jpg

Domestic policy

EU3_4.jpg

Somewhat bizarrely I find that I can discover the Shamanist ‘DotF’ – the Oirat Horde even though I don’t know my local COT in Mexico. Some decades later I’ll find Kongo in the same manner.

01/01/1455 I get my first worthwhile advisor – a 1* Gov’t tech guy. I need to get to Gov’t 10 as quickly as I can to break out of Tribal and every little helps.

01/12/1449 Spread of Discoveries starts – I’ll find an odd mix of unsettled provinces in North and Central America and the South American capitals over the coming decades. I don’t find any owned provinces north of Chanchan.

2605/1455 Slider move Innovative

I’m now 3 points Innovative – one of the preconditions for Westernisation. I’m currently 2 points Decentralised and I need to be 2 points Centralised but I’m at the policy restriction cap for a Tribal Democracy. By the time I get to +2 Centralised I’ll have +4 Revolt Risk in all provinces.

Spring 1464 the two Huron provinces captured in the first war become cores. This is as good as it gets; nine provinces, all cored, all state religion and all accepted culture. With no minting I’m making about 19 ducats a year profit.

11/10/1466 Slider move Centralised

In 1474 I had a ‘Natives not assisting’ event; I guess the Iroquois nation rang in sick that day. **

April 1475 Rumours from the East

EU3_5.jpg

* Starring a young Linda Fiorentino with very eighties hair.
** These sickies happen on a regular basis. Historians have used this to prove the existence of local government in the early Iroquois nation.

Reactions:
Not bad for the first years. Smart choices made so far, it seems. And you certainly did a number on the Huron aided by some useful missions. Keep it up.

Excellent, those Europeans will be coming soon.

What an idyllic life. ;)

I personally would take the RR risk to get up to speed with the needed sliders, but what do I know, I'm not to guy who survived the game as a fully Westernized Maya nation. I'm more like, well, the guy who got crushed as France fighting against Milan or something.

While you can't send merchants yet, have you thought of building a CoT for the added tax/growth benefits? It's not like you have a lot else to do with all that money, and it would help in the long run.

And hopefully your new neighbors will be receptive to a nice friendly alliance while you're busy copying down designs for muskets and roads.

Lucky and considerate. Well done.

Now, with that thin red line present over to the east, it's gonna get more interesting for you (and us, though I'm certainly not complaining, it's been neatly and well-written so far ;))

Am I tempting you away from the path of EU2 deterministic goodness? Always happy to explain stuff if you want and I hoping my writing will actually improve a bit through the practice.
You're not, I'll stay with ole good EU2 for some time more, though I might be tempted to buy EU3+NA+IN once their prices get lower. Which may not be earlier than in 2 years' time :p. I'm pretty certain though that once I've done that EU3 won't replace EU2 as my all-time favourite.

Reactions:
While you can't send merchants yet, have you thought of building a CoT for the added tax/growth benefits? It's not like you have a lot else to do with all that money, and it would help in the long run.

And hopefully your new neighbors will be receptive to a nice friendly alliance while you're busy copying down designs for muskets and roads.

Wait what woah, you can BUILD CoTs?

What the heck have I been doing?!

Wait what woah, you can BUILD CoTs?

What the heck have I been doing?!

In IN you can...I can't remember if it was added in NA or IN. It's but one of many reasons to get the expansions :cool:

Although it does mean that by the end of the game there's usually 20 CoTs in the Holy Roman Empire alone. There really needs to be a "your attempt at a CoT is pathetic and has failed" event.

In IN you can...I can't remember if it was added in NA or IN. It's but one of many reasons to get the expansions :cool:

Although it does mean that by the end of the game there's usually 20 CoTs in the Holy Roman Empire alone. There really needs to be a "your attempt at a CoT is pathetic and has failed" event.

Is there a fix to the "huh, antwerp has 999,999 people" thing?