• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A bit over 1 year left. How long does one of those years take? I'm guessing you play at the lowest speed :p

Oh, and good luck with your new house!

FEEDBACK

Chief Ragusa - That's a fairly worrying set of thoughts you've had there. I've checked and while my Shamen are bigger than Yoda they also appear to be green. It's a camoflage thing, something to do with wild piggies....

PhilleP - That sounds about right :)

curufin - I don't have the diplomats to DOW everyone. I consider leaving nothing but OPMs shows that WC is perfectly possible.

PhilleP - Nearly but not quite.

aldriq - Alas Gotland, fail on my part :(

What next I don't know, I've played about with the Oirats last night, vassalised Tibet but lost my army against Chagatai... Also looking at Qara K, Oman and that Hindu country in Easten Java.

The house move is proving difficult, apparently the bank hasn't decided when it will release the money so sometime between tomorrow and the end of next week :mad: I need a bit of time as the house has a damp problem which needs all the plaster stripping from the ground floor. Easy enough to resolve just messy, very messy and I really want it done before I move in - which has to be by the end of this month.

comagoosie - I see, yeah good point. can just see the Pope standing there thinking 'saved by the bell'.

praxiteles - I'm short of diplomats for the WC but I can still annex minors just not all of them. I've done my best to ensure I end the game with no diplomats left.

The peace deal system in EU3 is much better than EU2 - I've played both a lot and the EU3 game mechanisms are much better. A 90% victory in IN allows you to dictate a 100 point peace deal.

I think you are right about another AAR, there would be very high expectations and would get in the way of enjoying what happens.

Don't worry about your English, it's fine, the sentence worked :)

demokratickid - I looked at that ruler's stats and laughed, how good is that with 26 months to go.

curufin - If it helps they've been occupied, recently ;)

RaekReborn - Thank you, you've sneaked in with one update to go. I've known it wasn't possible from about 1780 simply through diplomat shortage - nothing else. A better planned campaign from say 1740 onwards looking after diplomats would solve the problem. Then again I didn't expect to be playing an Iroquois WC attempt.

Olaus Petrus - I'd have liked to have converted more, I just couldn't find enough missionaries. Hope you catch this update before you head off.

Enewald - Nevermind, there's always next time ;)

Teurlinx - I've probably played from the first war with Portugal on the slowest speed and I pause a lot. A year can take an hour or more to play - depends on how many wars are raging.

Chapter Eighty Two

War with the Golden Horde - January 1820

EU3_331-1.jpg

This is going to be awful for rebels so I’ve left it as long as I can. I have four diplomats left, let’s hope I can maximise their effectiveness.

I’m now at stability -2 and the cost to regain a single level is 304347. Oops.

EU3_332-1.jpg

The war exhaustion is entirely due to the stab hit.

Peace with Manchu – January 1820

EU3_333-1.jpg

This deal reduces Manchu to an OPM.

Peace with the Timurids – April 1820

EU3_334-1.jpg

This deal reduces the Timurids to an OPM

Pirates of the St Lawrence – May 1820

EU3_335-1.jpg

The huge pirate fleet is finally tackled; defeating this lot will probably make pirates spawn like crazy across the entire planet.

Pirates defeated – 31st May 1820

EU3_336-1.jpg

Look at that War Exhaustion!

The first pirate sighting was the next day :rofl:

Peace with Milan – June 1820

EU3_337-1.jpg

They’ll survive as a two province minor. The peace deal was worth 108 points; if you have a 100% victory it can be worth holding on if the enemy only has high value provinces. Days later I accept peace with Switzerland for 1500 ducats to end that war.

Peace with the Golden Horde – October 1820

EU3_338-1.jpg

They survive with 4 provinces. This is the result of a miscalculation, I chose to attack vassal Ryazan first concerned they would be annexed before attacking guaranteed Tver. As it turned out the guarantee ran out on Tver months before I was ready to attack.

November 1820, I have one diplomat and one more due at the end of the month. I’m at war with three separate enemies who can make peace deals (Serbia is an Ottoman vassal). Sweden offers peace reducing it to an OPM. I’ve been waiting for this for a year, before accepting I use my second last diplomat to annex OPM Denmark then I make peace with Sweden.

Peace in Scandinavia – November 1820

EU3_339-1.jpg

Peace with the Ottoman Empire – December 1820

EU3_340-1.jpg

For the first time in nearly four decades the Iroquois are at peace.

1st January 1821

World Map

EU3_MAP_IRO_182112_1.jpg

Survivors

Golden Horde – 4 provinces

Milan – 2 provinces

Bohemia
Crete
Cyprus
Dai Viet
Gondwana
Gotland
Japan
Kashmir
Korea
Maharasthra
Mainz
Maldive
Manchu
Orissa
Ottoman Empire
Serbia
Sweden
Switzerland
Timurid Empire
Travancore
Tver
Yemen​

There are 28 non-Iroquois provinces at game end.

Ledger pages

National Comparison

EU3_341-1.jpg

I don't embargo AI nations and Sweden trades hard.

Technology

EU3_342-1.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with how well I've done to keep up with tech given my endless expansion and non-core provinces.

Leadership

EU3_343-1.jpg

Even Chuck Norris trembles ;)

Pie Charts

EU3_344-1.jpg

Income overview

EU3_345-1.jpg

So what was achieved?

Iroquois survived which was always the first objective. Beyond that I’ve shown New World Pagans are playable even if more difficult than most factions.

A World Conquest is possible, I ran out of diplomats, given another 40 over the last couple of decades and I’d have probably been able to do it. Another decade on the timeline would also be enough.

Every province is colonised, only three in inland Siberia are still to reach city status.

North America, most of the Caribbean and modern Colombia and Venezuela are Shamanist as are Rome, Mecca and Jerusalem.

No country which attempted to colonise the Americas survives apart from Milan who settled two Caribbean islands.

THE END

Reactions:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its over.... sadly I cannot award you another cookie for sheer brilliance.... Still, 50 encores are required.....

Well, a fine ending to a fine story of a fine nation doing fine things and conquering (almost) the world. Congrats, sir, on an AAR well done! :D

It's over now. The nations of Earth stand united under one banner (except few unimportant parts) and peace rules once more over the Great Iroquoisian Republic. But will they withstand the War of the Worlds?
Dum dum dum dum!

It was brilliant PrawnStar, I haven't read here something more bold, interesting and well written and played. It was a honor to follow this AAR.

But what I will be reading now?

I don't even play EUIII (can't, machine from 2002, you do the math), but this was VERY impressive.

I've read the whole thing and was immensely impressed. Not only is it a huge achievement, but also quite entertaining to read, so well done.

About EU3, after reading this AAR I would think that the diplomat limit is one of the most artificial game constructions of EU3. Secondly it would possibly be useful and realistic to a point if countries ability and desire to form alliances depends of the size and severity of their largest threat, be it a country or an alliance. So threat being defined by size, aggression and vicinity. There are plenty of historic examples where counties, countries or whatever were overrun by an outside threat because they were unable to overcome their local differences, but with EU3 such behaviour is about the only behaviour the AI will show. It would be immensely more fun to me if the AI would occasional actually dynamically respond, alliance wise, to outside threads.

But as said, great AAR, really enjoyed it.

Congrats on finishing yet another AAR and applause for the accomplishment of nearly conquering the whole world with a pagan nation!