• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think, if you don't finish the WC by the time limit, you should mod it out and finish the WC. Doesn't look like you'll be too late, at the moment.

Continue the mauling!

I see that you have set to your goal to reduce other nations, but if I remember correctly you also said earlier that you try to convert American continent. How far are you from this other goal and is there many Christian provinces left in the Americas?

Shame the lack of diplomats is.
I would have thought every young iroquois would be happy become a diplomat when he grows old enough, unless you send all the young men to war. :rolleyes:

BYZANT IS SUNNI???? Noooooooooooo!
Fighting over a thousand years sunnis just to become a sunni... >_<

Shame the lack of diplomats is.
I would have thought every young iroquois would be happy become a diplomat when he grows old enough, unless you send all the young men to war. :rolleyes:

Yeah i'd love being a iroquois diplomat... traveling large parts of the globe with all expenses paid by the iroquois nation, doing nothing put posting annexation documents and accepting fat peace deals =D

Yeah i'd love being a iroquois diplomat... traveling large parts of the globe with all expenses paid by the iroquois nation, doing nothing put posting annexation documents and accepting fat peace deals =D

With the rate of Iroquois growth I would suspect that many would not see being a diplomat to foreign nations as a very long lived carrier choice.

With the rate of Iroquois growth I would suspect that many would not see being a diplomat to foreign nations as a very long lived carrier choice.

Maybe not : /

FEEDBACK

ulmont - I suspect you're on to something there :)

comagoosie - GB is vulnerable as all the non capital provinces are on another continent. Bohemia is another matter, mainly connected high value provinces - Venice alone is 60+ war score.

Kanil - No moding, it's all about seeing what can be done with Iroquois - if there's nothing but OPMs left then that demonstrates that Iroquois WC is possible.

Olaus Petrus - At 0.9 missionaries a year I can't convert that much. I've converted all of North America down to Panama and now I'm working on the Caribbbean and Columbia/Venezuela. When I set out my goals I thought I'd get extra missionaries from Mecca and Jerusalem.

You did get me looking trading a lot more so I'm really pushing up my trade income - details in a couple of posts time.

Enewald - Sunni Byzantium, good isn't it! The success of the GH and the Timurids has spread Islam further than occured in RL. Much of Russia, India, China and Greece is Sunni. So is Vienna :rofl:

Respect to the Ottomans, Sunni Hapsburgs and Sunni Byzants!

aldriq - The Timurids were BIG, probably the most impressive non colonial AI empire I've seen. Remember that very first war where it took 25 provinces to drive them from Africa and Indonesia!

Tjena Med Laxen - Expenses are carefully monitored, no receipts no reinbursements ;)

Donasin - True, we're looking into moving Iroquois diplomacy online, click accept to be annexed.

Chapter Sixty Nine

The fleeing Swedes were all but destroyed in Jamtland more famous as the last home of the Portuguese Empire.

Lima converts 25/01/1802

Mariquita converts 26/01/1802

Italy is much like France in that the provinces are such high value that you can only gain a couple in a war. Milan has guaranteed three minors, Corsica, Switzerland and the Papal States. The plan is to DOW all three in turn as a route to war with the Milanese but then leave them alone. In a few years time I’ll be able to DOW these three again, again bringing in Milan and that time they will be annexed. Milan should be reduced to a very small power by that stage.

Iroquois declares war on Switzerland – March 1802

eu3206.jpg

Milan honours.

Peace with Great Britain – March 1802

eu3207.jpg

This is a perfect peace deal, reducing Great Britain to London only.

Curacao converts 13/04/1802

Peace with Switzerland – Late May 1802 the Swiss offer peace for cores and cash which I accept.

War with Tibet – June 1802

Five province Tibet has only 5000 soldiers and refuses to either attack Iroquois or get caught up in the diplomatic games of the major powers. I need Tibetan land to give me non Timurid access to the Nepali capital. The diplomatic situation looks promising to be able to quickly roll up most of the Indian minors.

Progress against Milan is slow – while they have few troops they are high tech and require repeated battles to destroy. Assaults often fail so cities have to be taken by second attacks.

Progress against Sweden is better; the Swedes are running out of troops and have been forced back to Finland. A successful trap has beaten the last intact Swedish field army. Stationed in Finland (the province) they waited for a chance to cross to relieve Stockholm. Once that siege completed I let my armies gather in the neighbouring provinces before lifting a blockade of the crossing. The Swedes took the bait crossing to reclaim their undefended capital. The crossing was promptly blocked while two large armies took it in turns to engage the Swedes who died under the constant pressure.

War with the Mongol Khanate – August 1802

eu3208.jpg

This is of course simply another chance to inflict damage on the Timurids.

By the end of the year Tibet has been completely occupied while progress continues against the other larger enemies. Regrettably my Stadtholder passes away and his replacement, another diplomatic candidate, is only Diplo7 – I lose 0.3 diplomats a year.

Peace with Sweden – March 1803

eu3209.jpg

Sweden is still several wars from annexation but this peace removes a set of highly fortified provinces. The Swedish/Norwegian border is the most heavily fortified area of the Peninsula. Vilna is simply a high value province that makes my communications on the approach to Russia somewhat simpler.

Peace with the Timurids – May 1803

eu3210.jpg

This is a peace deal taken as soon as I had high enough war score. Timurid vassal the Mongol Khanate is annexed as part of this deal. There is a single Timurid province left in Southern India, an assault failed as I have limited troops in theatre.

India – Late Spring 1803

eu3211.jpg

The map of India has changed significantly in the last few years so here’s an update.

War with Pskov – August 1803

eu3212.jpg

Pskov is guaranteed by the Golden Horde, Ryazan and Tver. This war provides yet another opportunity to reduce the Golden Horde.

Peace with Milan – October 1803

eu3213.jpg

There were virtually no battles of any consequence in this war, Milan didn’t field enough troops. Italy is covered in Level 6 forts so even without enemy field armies progress was slow.

War with Manchu – January 1804

eu3214.jpg

Its five years since the last war with Manchu and as they only guarantee Korea there aren’t many chances to attack.

War with Bengal – January 1804

eu3215.jpg

The Foreign Office multitasks and declares war on OPM Bengal on the same day. This brings in guarantors five province Nepal and two province Ceylon. Objectives here are the annexation of Bengal and the reduction of the other two countries to OPM status.

Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam​

I do believe that my prophescy was right :D

Where will you focus your attention next? You have a little bit before the peace deals of Sweden and Milan wear off. Shall we smack the TE again?

I still cannot beleive you have done this, I mean look at the first page and compare with this......

It's good to see that East India will be soon at the hands of the Indians. Rich provinces of the peninsula will surely help your economy, although you will need much more ships to take the full benefits.

Plotting against your neighbors... perhaps the AI would be better served if they received a notice that after a player has conquered X amount of provinces, that they start looking toward the player as their only enemy. It would certainly make the tail end of World Conquers as exciting as their beginning. :)

Also, do you ever use anything but the diplomatic map? I assume the one showing all the trees and mountains would be useful for battles but I could never bring myself to toggle between the two.

FEEDBACK

comagoosie - Wait five years to get into a war with someone, how Noob is that ;)

Warnings, guarantees and for non-pagans alliances mean that when you start attacking a major it should be possible to hit them repeatedly with only minimal pauses between wars. That said you do occasionally have to wait out the five years once you've managed to exhaust all the diplomatic options.

Lord Strange - True, back then I just wanted to survive to the end of the game and I was far from confident that I could do that.

Enewald - Probably, I don't think I can annex all the majors. Milan, Ottomans, Bohemia and GH are the most vulnerable to repeated wars. Timurids and Manchu are harder to repeatedly DOW.

Olaus Petrus - I'm building an extra 150 ships to help with the tariff income but it's a sideshow really. The economy hasn't been optimised at all - I recently found a COT I annexed a few years ago that I forgot I had and hadn't sent any merchants to :eek:o

demokratickid - There's always a certain satisfaction to a WC type game when you annex the usual suspects. Doing it as Iroquois is particularly enjoyable :D

Brandenburg III - EU3 BB wars are just rubbish compared with EU2 1.09 - that would be more 'fun' especially with a BB induced low stab civil war. Then you used to lose half your troops and leaders to the rebels as well as about half your provinces.

I pretty much use the political map all the time, with the religion map to identify missionary targets. The terrain map is occasionally useful for assessing possible attrition problems if you've concerned about WE. The rest I mostly ignore.

This might be a play style thing - this game has been played on the slowest speed since going into BB wars and I pause a lot.