+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1665

Thread: The Audacity of Hope - An Iroquois IN AAR

Pretty nuts dude. Congrats and hope you do another one in the near future.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

I enjoyed this AAR, it was well written from the beginning to the end. Although I must admit that enjoyed first part more than the later part of this AAR. In my opinion the first part was more balanced, I think that you focused too much to wars in the second part of this AAR and it was bit repetitive to read about 17th war against same enemy where you reigned supreme.

I know that many disagree with me*, but I have always believed that honest criticism is better than empty flatteries. And from the gameplay perspective it's amazing how well you did and how you managed to keep your economy running and inflation in zero despite huge military costs.

*I'm just not WC type of guy. Only game where I have done it in purpose was HoI2 (I also did it accidentally in CK). I enjoy difficult wars against equal or superior enemy and first wars against Portuguese were really enjoyable reading. Last war against Castille was less enjoyable, although it was interesting to see Africa which was ruled by Native Americans.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

This was an amazing AAR, I'm speechless at your immense achievement. Thanks for this great AAR.

Meant to ask. What does "Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam" translate to? It's latin, yes?

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

La luna llena sobre París ha transformado en hombre a Denis.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaekReborn View Post
    Meant to ask. What does "Ceterum censeo Castile esse delendam" translate to? It's latin, yes?
    Furthermore, Castille must be destroyed.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Awesome AAR, for an awesome game, good job, one of the best AARs so far.

Great job, you are my idol!!!
    Last edited by Didaa; 07-05-2009 at 01:56.

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EUROO7 View Post
    Furthermore, Castille must be destroyed.
    Which, I think, is hilarious that the Iriquois are using Spain's own Catholic tongues against them!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    500k club

Well done Mister! I'm on my first playthrough (of EU3) with Bohemia and I'm not going to be able to conquest nearly as much as you did
    Vi ska tĺga över bält!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold

Well done.

Should have added a couple years to finish though.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Great AAR man. I'm just upset that there won't be anything as interesting to read again.

*stands and applauds*

Well done, bet you are glad it's finally over, all that pausing and playing on the slowest setting.

Very very nice! Something for all of us to wish we could do.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Congratulations! I have witnessed something I know I would personally never be able to achieve.
    "What is a hen-teaser?"

"Coffee? What am I, some American who has no tea because he threw it into the ocean, and thus has to settle for coffee?"
    - Volrath50

EU3 Complete

Blog Entries
    Put all the military and economic brilliance and planning aside, just your patience (all the micromanagement of the whole world and the rebellions and merchant sending and unit building and every other stuff) makes me stand on the couch and applaude.

Also, your British humor was very well placed and blended with wise gameplay.

I have to agree Olaus Petrus that after a while (for me, it was after you got a foothold in Europe and around your first wars with Burgundy) it got repetitive, but there was no other way since there was nothing left in the world that would compete against the Iroquoii.

Waiting for your next AAR. I say no mods (MMP is ok but vanilla is benchmark) and Maldives. Congratulations once again.
    o=||==Official=Royal=Scribe=of=Suenik==||=o

heisenbug: /hi:´zen·buhg/, n.
    [from Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in quantum physics]
    A bug that disappears or alters its behavior when one attempts to probe or isolate it

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Awesomely well done, if any AAR was going to inspire me to buy EU3, it would be this one.
    Again, congrats!!
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I think that this AAR really emphasizes what makes EU3 so special - that when the devs say you can play any nation, they really are possible (if boring at the beginning).

Mazovia next .

Well done - Amazing how you brought the Iroquis to glory!!!
    Ottomania: A Muslim quest

Read it or you will pay in blood

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Maybe the greatest game play AAR of the year.

Dude, Sweden technologies must be divine with one provinces and those incomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Derdiedas View Post
    Ryuku in MMP. That's a challange.
    I suppose, what with Ryuku in Vanilla being so piss-easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast