+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25 50 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1665

Thread: The Audacity of Hope - An Iroquois IN AAR

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

A bit over 1 year left. How long does one of those years take? I'm guessing you play at the lowest speed

Oh, and good luck with your new house!
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

FEEDBACK

Chief Ragusa - That's a fairly worrying set of thoughts you've had there. I've checked and while my Shamen are bigger than Yoda they also appear to be green. It's a camoflage thing, something to do with wild piggies....

PhilleP - That sounds about right

curufin - I don't have the diplomats to DOW everyone. I consider leaving nothing but OPMs shows that WC is perfectly possible.

PhilleP - Nearly but not quite.

aldriq - Alas Gotland, fail on my part

What next I don't know, I've played about with the Oirats last night, vassalised Tibet but lost my army against Chagatai... Also looking at Qara K, Oman and that Hindu country in Easten Java.

The house move is proving difficult, apparently the bank hasn't decided when it will release the money so sometime between tomorrow and the end of next week I need a bit of time as the house has a damp problem which needs all the plaster stripping from the ground floor. Easy enough to resolve just messy, very messy and I really want it done before I move in - which has to be by the end of this month.

comagoosie - I see, yeah good point. can just see the Pope standing there thinking 'saved by the bell'.

praxiteles - I'm short of diplomats for the WC but I can still annex minors just not all of them. I've done my best to ensure I end the game with no diplomats left.

The peace deal system in EU3 is much better than EU2 - I've played both a lot and the EU3 game mechanisms are much better. A 90% victory in IN allows you to dictate a 100 point peace deal.

I think you are right about another AAR, there would be very high expectations and would get in the way of enjoying what happens.

Don't worry about your English, it's fine, the sentence worked

demokratickid - I looked at that ruler's stats and laughed, how good is that with 26 months to go.

curufin - If it helps they've been occupied, recently

RaekReborn - Thank you, you've sneaked in with one update to go. I've known it wasn't possible from about 1780 simply through diplomat shortage - nothing else. A better planned campaign from say 1740 onwards looking after diplomats would solve the problem. Then again I didn't expect to be playing an Iroquois WC attempt.

Olaus Petrus - I'd have liked to have converted more, I just couldn't find enough missionaries. Hope you catch this update before you head off.

Enewald - Nevermind, there's always next time

Teurlinx - I've probably played from the first war with Portugal on the slowest speed and I pause a lot. A year can take an hour or more to play - depends on how many wars are raging.

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Chapter Eighty Two

War with the Golden Horde - January 1820

This is going to be awful for rebels so I’ve left it as long as I can. I have four diplomats left, let’s hope I can maximise their effectiveness.

I’m now at stability -2 and the cost to regain a single level is 304347. Oops.

The war exhaustion is entirely due to the stab hit.

Peace with Manchu – January 1820

This deal reduces Manchu to an OPM.

Peace with the Timurids – April 1820

This deal reduces the Timurids to an OPM

Pirates of the St Lawrence – May 1820

The huge pirate fleet is finally tackled; defeating this lot will probably make pirates spawn like crazy across the entire planet.

Pirates defeated – 31st May 1820

Look at that War Exhaustion!

The first pirate sighting was the next day

Peace with Milan – June 1820

They’ll survive as a two province minor. The peace deal was worth 108 points; if you have a 100% victory it can be worth holding on if the enemy only has high value provinces. Days later I accept peace with Switzerland for 1500 ducats to end that war.

Peace with the Golden Horde – October 1820

They survive with 4 provinces. This is the result of a miscalculation, I chose to attack vassal Ryazan first concerned they would be annexed before attacking guaranteed Tver. As it turned out the guarantee ran out on Tver months before I was ready to attack.

November 1820, I have one diplomat and one more due at the end of the month. I’m at war with three separate enemies who can make peace deals (Serbia is an Ottoman vassal). Sweden offers peace reducing it to an OPM. I’ve been waiting for this for a year, before accepting I use my second last diplomat to annex OPM Denmark then I make peace with Sweden.

Peace in Scandinavia – November 1820

Peace with the Ottoman Empire – December 1820

For the first time in nearly four decades the Iroquois are at peace.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnStar View Post
    And none captured!
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

1st January 1821

World Map

Survivors

Golden Horde – 4 provinces

Milan – 2 provinces

Bohemia
    Crete
    Cyprus
    Dai Viet
    Gondwana
    Gotland
    Japan
    Kashmir
    Korea
    Maharasthra
    Mainz
    Maldive
    Manchu
    Orissa
    Ottoman Empire
    Serbia
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Timurid Empire
    Travancore
    Tver
    Yemen

There are 28 non-Iroquois provinces at game end.

Ledger pages

National Comparison

I don't embargo AI nations and Sweden trades hard.

Technology

I'm pretty pleased with how well I've done to keep up with tech given my endless expansion and non-core provinces.

Leadership

Even Chuck Norris trembles

Pie Charts

Income overview

So what was achieved?

Iroquois survived which was always the first objective. Beyond that I’ve shown New World Pagans are playable even if more difficult than most factions.

A World Conquest is possible, I ran out of diplomats, given another 40 over the last couple of decades and I’d have probably been able to do it. Another decade on the timeline would also be enough.

Every province is colonised, only three in inland Siberia are still to reach city status.

North America, most of the Caribbean and modern Colombia and Venezuela are Shamanist as are Rome, Mecca and Jerusalem.

No country which attempted to colonise the Americas survives apart from Milan who settled two Caribbean islands.

THE END

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its over.... sadly I cannot award you another cookie for sheer brilliance.... Still, 50 encores are required.....
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sheer brilliance, you've shown the impossible is achievable.

Well done!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

"I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Well, a fine ending to a fine story of a fine nation doing fine things and conquering (almost) the world. Congrats, sir, on an AAR well done!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Congrats, Now I need to find another one to read!

It's over now. The nations of Earth stand united under one banner (except few unimportant parts) and peace rules once more over the Great Iroquoisian Republic. But will they withstand the War of the Worlds?
    Dum dum dum dum!

It was brilliant PrawnStar, I haven't read here something more bold, interesting and well written and played. It was a honor to follow this AAR.

But what I will be reading now?

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I don't even play EUIII (can't, machine from 2002, you do the math), but this was VERY impressive.
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

Thanks for the awesome read PrawnStar!
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

People before principle

I've read the whole thing and was immensely impressed. Not only is it a huge achievement, but also quite entertaining to read, so well done.

About EU3, after reading this AAR I would think that the diplomat limit is one of the most artificial game constructions of EU3. Secondly it would possibly be useful and realistic to a point if countries ability and desire to form alliances depends of the size and severity of their largest threat, be it a country or an alliance. So threat being defined by size, aggression and vicinity. There are plenty of historic examples where counties, countries or whatever were overrun by an outside threat because they were unable to overcome their local differences, but with EU3 such behaviour is about the only behaviour the AI will show. It would be immensely more fun to me if the AI would occasional actually dynamically respond, alliance wise, to outside threads.

But as said, great AAR, really enjoyed it.
    Voting is the legitimised depositing of opinions, which are not required to be supported by arguments.

EU2 1.08b, AGCEEP 1.3.6 - CK 1.04b - Vicky 1.03c, VIP 0.4b

England's Sphincter Rabid Bogling's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMount & Blade: Warband

And just shy of two-thirds of the world are Iroquois? Fantastic!

Pfft.
    You had someone with 4 provinces left.
    Call that a WC?

Seriously though, words cannot describe the amazement and awe I am experiencing right now.
    Ryuku next?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

*stands up and applauds*

Congratulations, and great timing to end just as the AAR reaches 200K hits

Shame about Gotland, it'll haunt you at night until your next WC
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post
    Ryuku next?
    Ryuku in MMP. That's a challange.

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats on finishing yet another AAR and applause for the accomplishment of nearly conquering the whole world with a pagan nation!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Durhamia (it has a viaduct AND a cathedral, beat that)
    Brilliant, well done!
    Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25 50 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast