Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: A Will of Iron: An Iron Guard AAR

Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Ermac View Post
    @billy bob
    you are quite right.

@Chrusher
    How so?
    Even if you choose to leave them be in both events (another one is coming up), the probability of civil war isn't 100%. Or at least that's how it was when I was part of Kaiserreich.
    Into CKII now

Old HoI2 stuff:

The IIIrd Romanian Kingdom - mod33 aar - Fronts: Siberia, Persia, C Asia. | God Save The Tsar...And Protect The Duma - ATR AAR - both abandoned
    A Random AAR - 10-Afr Scenario AAR - finished
    Mods and scenarios: Research Specialization Mod | 10-Afr Scenario | Romania Improvement Project
    Part of: The Kaiserreich Team (retired) | E3 Project - former Eastern Europe Enhancement Mod, former ‹ber Balkan Mod (Ex-General Secretary)
    Second Chief of Navy - Jiu Zung-jan in Cantonia AAR - finished, so I died in 1973 as the father of the Cantonian nuclear carrier program.
    Alejandro Finesterre - Armaments Minister in Catalonia's Struggle
    Nationality: Romanian|Location: Bucharest|Religion: Atheist|Political Party: They should be banned.

HoI Anthology

The operations to mop up resistance went rather smoothly. The enemy was disheartened and without resupply in most cases.

The series of airbases that are to be built around Romania are completed as well as some new air doctrines in a field which had been previously ignored due to the war effort.

The advance deep into Austria continues, the Huns still hellbent on resisting the inevitable.

Although the civilian government had surrendured the Hungarians continued to resist under the leadership of General Nagy. He is the single biggest obstacle to victory and must be defeated. His large army in Sarajevo must be driven out.

We continue to drive deeper into central Austria.

Meanwhile Nagy keeps up a fighting retreat though his forces are slowly being grinding down. We attack Zagreb in an attempt to block his retreat from the Balkans.

By this time most of our divisions are upgraded with the best equipment money can buy.

General Nagy finds himself encircled but refuses to surrender his men. We wipe most of them out but they fight bravely to stop us.

Hungarian troops fighting to the last.

In the end in the face of an unending assault the General surrendured his troops to BP forces. So died any hope of the Hungarians making and Alpine redoubt to wait for German intervention.

What few divisions remaining in Austria did try to hold on but to no avail.

After five brutal years of fighting the Balkan Wars are over and victory is ours.

If we time it just right, the Enemy will all be going "That the..." just when what's left of the Company breaks cover over here and piles into them. No spreading out, no fancy stuff, just smash through. Let's see how those degenerate freaks handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
    My AARs
    The East is Red: A Bengal KR AAR In progress
    Quiet Flows the Don... or not. Dead do to laxity
    A Will of Iron Goals Completed.
    The Rising Red Dragon-A Modern Day AAR Postponed till the next Version of MDS.

HoI Anthology

With the war over the need for a unified command structure is nonexistent.

The army is redeployed for occupation duty while it is decided what to do with Austro-Hungary.

As for the Serbs they begin to enjoy the benefits of their new lands almost immediately.

More controversy reports emerge about the Bucharest Circle but Codreanu and his cabinet dismiss these mutterings as mere rumors.After all is the legionary movement not at the zenith of its popularity and power?

Austro-Hungary
    It was decided that Austria should be separated from Hungary like Siamese twins. Emperor Otto who was arrested at the Doge's palace in Venice at the end of the war was given back his thrown and little power outside of Vienna. He is but a figure head and has been forced to give up claim's to the Hungarian throne. Hungary was reformed soon after under a civilian administration.

The news of the Hour that sent shock waves throughout Europe.

Wilhelm the II, Emperor of Germany has died.

For years it had been rumored that the kaiser was in a sickened state. His body beginning to fail him in recent years. It appears as though the only thing keeping the man alive was his iron will to see Germany defeat France once and for all. The whole German nation is in mourning and once his funeral is over his son shall ascend to the imperial throne.

The kaiser a few weeks before his death.

As promised Slovakia is free to choose its own destiny.

After a "lavish" ceremony the new Kaiser has ascended to the throne taking the title Wilhelm the III in honor of his late father. His first act as Emperor was to formally annex the Baltic Duchy.

With victory achieved we must secure peace by preparing for the next war!
    Last edited by Ermac; 02-04-2009 at 04:08.
    If we time it just right, the Enemy will all be going "That the..." just when what's left of the Company breaks cover over here and piles into them. No spreading out, no fancy stuff, just smash through. Let's see how those degenerate freaks handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
    My AARs

The crazy little mushroom billy bob's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Blog Entries
    Just a note, you posted the same pic twice. The thing about increased dissent you had the Serbian pic up.

Also great job, and will war come in between Romania and Germany?

And, how big is your alliance's military and IC?
    Golden Horde-Scourge from the East A Duke of Wellington Production
    My special Red Cookie. P-dox fantasy football champion!
    Brandenburg-Prussia in the 1650 RPG

#1 Die Hard Fan of-Green Bay Packers, Louisville Cardinals, etc.
    "Everyone has the potential, Not everyone has the will" Billy Bob
    "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."-Stalin
    "Men who use libraries instead of building their own are like men who prefer whores to wives."-Llywelyn

Any news?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Using Slovakia as a shield? :P
    The birds have vanished into the sky, and now the last cloud drains away.

We sit together, the mountain and I, until only the mountain remains.

HoI Anthology

I'm at a loss as to what to do next!? I could invade Greece for betraying the Belgrade treaty. or i could sit back and improve the navy and army and prepare for a long war with Germany. At the moment I have something like 50 plus land divisions and Serbia has around 20. It will be some time before the new states have anything resembling standing army's . Any suggestions?
    My AARs

Darkest HourHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Create a new Roman(ian) empire in the Med starting with the Ottoman empire first and maybe try to create a allance with Russia to tackle the German giant?

Go for Greece. It will be more interesting imo.

Crusader Kings II

Go for Greece and annex it's Macedonian coast (Thessaloniki and Kavala). You know, Athos and co.
    Into CKII now

Old HoI2 stuff:

The IIIrd Romanian Kingdom - mod33 aar - Fronts: Siberia, Persia, C Asia. | God Save The Tsar...And Protect The Duma - ATR AAR - both abandoned
    A Random AAR - 10-Afr Scenario AAR - finished
    Mods and scenarios: Research Specialization Mod | 10-Afr Scenario | Romania Improvement Project
    Part of: The Kaiserreich Team (retired) | E3 Project - former Eastern Europe Enhancement Mod, former ‹ber Balkan Mod (Ex-General Secretary)
    Second Chief of Navy - Jiu Zung-jan in Cantonia AAR - finished, so I died in 1973 as the father of the Cantonian nuclear carrier program.
    Alejandro Finesterre - Armaments Minister in Catalonia's Struggle
    Nationality: Romanian|Location: Bucharest|Religion: Atheist|Political Party: They should be banned.

Attack Ukraine if it's gone Red. Annex those three provinces immediately east of the Dniester.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Prepare for the showdown with Germany. Attack Greece if you want. Then mass troops on the border with Wilhelm III and eventually DoW his ugly face. Don't stop till the Iron Guard flag flies over berlin!

I am inclined to go for Constantinople but a short excursion into Greece might work but the defensive terrain is very good (or I made god use of it ) and you might waste too much in the effort.

Ukraine is an option but only if Russia is on good terms and Germany is feeling friendly.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

i just caught up with the AAR and i find it truly amazing

as for the next course i'd advise depuppeting austria in order to use it as a buffer against the germans and then you could concentrate on the ottomans, the black sea coast or the mediterrean. besides, without capturing istanbul there is really not much sense in having a navy.

and as for the greeks you could give them a chance to rejoin the alliance.

nice job men ..... keep them coming ....i think you should join the Canada and Nationalist France you must be in a major alliance if you want 2 win this game

200k club

Quote Originally Posted by Edzako View Post
    I wonder how "Downfall of Numenor" could inspire Canadian people to fight back Although they should view themselves as good people who managed to escape from island before it was sunk (as it was in book) they mostly stagnated and declined afterward although in Keiserreich it could be different story.

Best event ever.
    Just to give a background: The exiles from "Numenor" would have created the "reunited kingdom" in the end.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

No updates?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10