• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
looks interesting. i think the highlight of this AAR will be the war with allies AKA cold war ;)
anyway in the 80s the soviets had a pretty much kickass fleet :) any harpoon players 'round here? :)

Ahhh, so will the Red Navy will paint the Seas red? And sink the Royal Navy to the bottom of the channel, by waves, upon waves of screaming Destroyers?;)

So what is in store for the USSR or generally when the Germans invade? Or will we see an Unholy alliance!!!:eek: Thats it the Hood will, this time be sunked by a red sub!:D

Pity for Orlov. But that's the way it went in the SSR, now we can only hope this new Comissar will have the Leader's favour for a bit longer.

This is a really mighty fleet you're building there - but don't you fear it will be crushed by the allied ones, full of brand new and shiny carriers? Also, will your current land forces numbers suffice once Barbarossa comes?

Hmm, who could have guessed that Comrade Orlov is a traitor. Luckily the wise Father of Nations could see through his deception. :D

This is a really mighty fleet you're building there - but don't you fear it will be crushed by the allied ones, full of brand new and shiny carriers? Also, will your current land forces numbers suffice once Barbarossa comes?

The CVL's will help the SHBB's to close to gun range. Once closed to SHBB range then the CV's will be reduced to so much flotsam. In my experience the R.N should be quite beatable but the USN are going to be a tough nut to crack.

Tanesis,

I need to subscribe.

Things would sail along 1938, with the ship building proceeding at good pace, and research being conducted on several tech teams assigned to the Fleet.

In October, an improvement over the previous Heavy Cruiser design was put forward.

The Commissar would, to some surprise, next call for the lessons of the past years to be again put to use in a new submarine design, reminding everyone the USSR still had a huge fleet of these, and that while they shouldn't be he focus of the Fleet, they shouldn't be forgotten either.

Still in the Month of the Revolution, the first groups of the new destroyers were delivered by the shipyards.

But it would be in December that the first larger results of the Plan would start becoming visible, with the official proposal for the creation of a Naval Infantry force...

...and, naturally, the first ships other then destroyers built in a long time. Three Chapayev-class destroyers were delivered, each by it's respective Shipyard. The class was named after the Sevastopol one because it's workers managed to finish it one day faster then everyone else.

Onwards to 1939!

That's certainly improvement compared to 1936. Destroyer fleets will come in handy and I'm certain that there are plenty of use for marines.

A vast improvement between CA III and IV, yet thanks to Soviet cunning the ships look identical, so as to confuse spies!
shiftyja5.gif

hehe. those new light crusers are more powerfull than old Heavy Crusers :D

Those -38 marines look cool. :cool:

Olaus Petrus - Your faith in the Revolution is commendable! I see a bright future ahead for you!

Merlowe - Imperialist Pigs such as you will be the first to taste the mighty floating soviet steel! :p

4th Dimension - Hm? How are you measuring "power"? :confused:

Storm501 - Not cool enough ;)

Nothing boggles my mind more than the Soviets with a half-decent navy; not even a total victory as Germany or Japan in Goetterdammerung.
What about Tibet having a fleet of 20 carriers in 1939?
Happened once. With me, a few cheats, figure out the rest.

The January review of the espionage reports present good justification for the current Plan.

The main possible oponents in the Black Sea - or perhaps further - were the UK, Italia and France. (unfortunatly the French report seems to have been lost)

Italy is possibly the greatest menace, because it has no other theatre of operations, while the UK has to spread it's forces in various points of the Globe.

One of those points being, of course, the North Sea, and potentially the Baltic, where a threat seem to be building up - you don't build Destroyers for the sake of it.

In the East, what is probably the main menace to the Red Fleet in terms of technical and numerical superiority, Japan is still as scary as ever.

Finally, a country that doesn't present a direct threat to the USSR, but should be kept under a close study, the USA are building a considerable naval force for itself.

Given the time it will still take for the Red Fleet to have it's main new weapons in service, a decision is made regarding the proposed Naval Infantry - it's not good enough yet! Improvements are demanded before any investment is made.

Slowly but surely, the Navy builds up it's strength, as further destroyers are continuously put in service and new designs for modern ships delivered.

But let no-one be fooled into thinking the People's Naval Forces are all about big guns and little thinking. New and better ways to use our mighty ships start being developed.

And in May, all existing ships start being fitted with new, safer, ciphers. Stalin and the Commissar are only too aware of the dangers of foreign espionage! o point in developing new strategies if we broadcast them on the clear to our enemies.

In April, ships specially designed for troop transport and prepared for fast disembark are delivered by the Leningrad civilian shipyards, and assigned to the Baltic Fleet.

I propose building up a massive force of Naval Infantry and Transports, so if the facists attack our glorious Naval Infantry can land behind their lines and cut-off their entire Army!

Huzaah for the Red NAvy. What are you doing about the army though?

Yay, new marines! :cool:

What are you doing about the army though?
This would be a real navy AAR, if the entire Soviet army would be build just of marine divisions. :rofl: