+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Star over Blue Seas - a Soviet Navy AAR

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

looks interesting. i think the highlight of this AAR will be the war with allies AKA cold war
    anyway in the 80s the soviets had a pretty much kickass fleet any harpoon players 'round here?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

Ahhh, so will the Red Navy will paint the Seas red? And sink the Royal Navy to the bottom of the channel, by waves, upon waves of screaming Destroyers?

So what is in store for the USSR or generally when the Germans invade? Or will we see an Unholy alliance!!! Thats it the Hood will, this time be sunked by a red sub!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Pity for Orlov. But that's the way it went in the SSR, now we can only hope this new Comissar will have the Leader's favour for a bit longer.

This is a really mighty fleet you're building there - but don't you fear it will be crushed by the allied ones, full of brand new and shiny carriers? Also, will your current land forces numbers suffice once Barbarossa comes?
    Could/might/should have, for hell's sake.
    also, http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

Come, see my InkWell library, containing all AARs I've written or participated in.

Field Marshal

unholly allience will rule!
    finally someone who playes this way...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hmm, who could have guessed that Comrade Orlov is a traitor. Luckily the wise Father of Nations could see through his deception.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor_krk View Post
    This is a really mighty fleet you're building there - but don't you fear it will be crushed by the allied ones, full of brand new and shiny carriers? Also, will your current land forces numbers suffice once Barbarossa comes?
    The CVL's will help the SHBB's to close to gun range. Once closed to SHBB range then the CV's will be reduced to so much flotsam. In my experience the R.N should be quite beatable but the USN are going to be a tough nut to crack.

Tanesis,
    It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must NEVER let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the worlds turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. Valerie.

Valerie ~ V for Vendetta

I need to subscribe.
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting -Sun Tzu
    Human behavior is economic behavior -Nwabudike Morgan
    May Speer and his ministry of cretins rot eternally in hell. Do you realize that half these rounds are duds? -Dr. Hilarius

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Things would sail along 1938, with the ship building proceeding at good pace, and research being conducted on several tech teams assigned to the Fleet.

In October, an improvement over the previous Heavy Cruiser design was put forward.

The Commissar would, to some surprise, next call for the lessons of the past years to be again put to use in a new submarine design, reminding everyone the USSR still had a huge fleet of these, and that while they shouldn't be he focus of the Fleet, they shouldn't be forgotten either.

Still in the Month of the Revolution, the first groups of the new destroyers were delivered by the shipyards.

But it would be in December that the first larger results of the Plan would start becoming visible, with the official proposal for the creation of a Naval Infantry force...

...and, naturally, the first ships other then destroyers built in a long time. Three Chapayev-class destroyers were delivered, each by it's respective Shipyard. The class was named after the Sevastopol one because it's workers managed to finish it one day faster then everyone else.

Onwards to 1939!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That's certainly improvement compared to 1936. Destroyer fleets will come in handy and I'm certain that there are plenty of use for marines.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Nothing boggles my mind more than the Soviets with a half-decent navy; not even a total victory as Germany or Japan in Goetterdammerung.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

A vast improvement between CA III and IV, yet thanks to Soviet cunning the ships look identical, so as to confuse spies!
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

hehe. those new light crusers are more powerfull than old Heavy Crusers
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

4chan is so mature today Storm501's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Blog Entries
    Those -38 marines look cool.
    DCT THRED Q41 NEDUL/N0150A030 SAM/N0150F045 DCT SAM283035/N0150F035 DCT BIA
    DCT THRED Q41 ORTAC/N0150A020 DCT ALD/N0150A030 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150F070 N864 MULIT/N0150A035 DCT EX/N0150F050 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT CDF/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT BRI/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035/N0150F040 DCT YVL/N0150F055 DCT BIA

RMK/ TRNG REQ 2H PF EGFF 1100 H RI EGHH 1230

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Olaus Petrus - Your faith in the Revolution is commendable! I see a bright future ahead for you!

Merlowe - Imperialist Pigs such as you will be the first to taste the mighty floating soviet steel!

4th Dimension - Hm? How are you measuring "power"?

Storm501 - Not cool enough

Quote Originally Posted by Merlowe View Post
    Nothing boggles my mind more than the Soviets with a half-decent navy; not even a total victory as Germany or Japan in Goetterdammerung.
    What about Tibet having a fleet of 20 carriers in 1939?
    Happened once. With me, a few cheats, figure out the rest.
    The occasional gentlemen.
    The Doomed Nation - an Albanian AAR [Dead]
    Series and series of minors - a mixed AAR [Dead]
    How did I do this again - a Finnish AAR [Ongoing]
    Lord Slowpoke supports Nivi
    For the official list of cookies I give out, click here

"With a proper amount of money and proper amount of spies, you can just make people revolt, encirclening the enemy, and then nuke the hell out of them anyway" -Unknown

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    4th Dimension - Hm? How are you measuring "power"?
    I mean charachteristics of CLIV are better than CAI
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    The January review of the espionage reports present good justification for the current Plan.

The main possible oponents in the Black Sea - or perhaps further - were the UK, Italia and France. (unfortunatly the French report seems to have been lost)

Italy is possibly the greatest menace, because it has no other theatre of operations, while the UK has to spread it's forces in various points of the Globe.

One of those points being, of course, the North Sea, and potentially the Baltic, where a threat seem to be building up - you don't build Destroyers for the sake of it.

In the East, what is probably the main menace to the Red Fleet in terms of technical and numerical superiority, Japan is still as scary as ever.

Finally, a country that doesn't present a direct threat to the USSR, but should be kept under a close study, the USA are building a considerable naval force for itself.

Given the time it will still take for the Red Fleet to have it's main new weapons in service, a decision is made regarding the proposed Naval Infantry - it's not good enough yet! Improvements are demanded before any investment is made.

Slowly but surely, the Navy builds up it's strength, as further destroyers are continuously put in service and new designs for modern ships delivered.

But let no-one be fooled into thinking the People's Naval Forces are all about big guns and little thinking. New and better ways to use our mighty ships start being developed.

And in May, all existing ships start being fitted with new, safer, ciphers. Stalin and the Commissar are only too aware of the dangers of foreign espionage! o point in developing new strategies if we broadcast them on the clear to our enemies.

In April, ships specially designed for troop transport and prepared for fast disembark are delivered by the Leningrad civilian shipyards, and assigned to the Baltic Fleet.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

I propose building up a massive force of Naval Infantry and Transports, so if the facists attack our glorious Naval Infantry can land behind their lines and cut-off their entire Army!
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 03/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Man Of Many Wiles Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent
    Huzaah for the Red NAvy. What are you doing about the army though?
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

4chan is so mature today Storm501's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Blog Entries
    Yay, new marines!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    What are you doing about the army though?
    This would be a real navy AAR, if the entire Soviet army would be build just of marine divisions.
    DCT THRED Q41 NEDUL/N0150A030 SAM/N0150F045 DCT SAM283035/N0150F035 DCT BIA
    DCT THRED Q41 ORTAC/N0150A020 DCT ALD/N0150A030 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150F070 N864 MULIT/N0150A035 DCT EX/N0150F050 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT CDF/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035 DCT EXMOR/N0150A060 DCT BRI/N0150F055 DCT BIA
    DCT SAM283035/N0150F040 DCT YVL/N0150F055 DCT BIA

RMK/ TRNG REQ 2H PF EGFF 1100 H RI EGHH 1230

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast