• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm, may I ask if Japan if fighting the Allies or not?

Japan had puppeted China and remained at peace ever since. :eek:o

How lovely, Japan sitting on its rear end when you can use it to test your power Navy against them.

khm khm first picture it says something along lines Glory to the armed forces of USSR who made the victory over Japanese possible

.I wonder if Soviet-influenced countries will develop their own navies and if so, do you have any plans how to shape them?
I have no way to control them in-game really, so I won't.

P.S. Also, one of your maps has Wilhelmshafen instead of Kiel as a point of "North Sea Defence Axis", and you also missed a few swastikas in the picture with Marat.
Thanks! Corrected now.

khm khm first picture it says something along lines Glory to the armed forces of USSR who made the victory over Japanese possible
Godamit. I figured it was a victory one, didn't think it was be the Japanese.

I'll change it tomorow, can't be arsed now. But thanks anyhow! :eek:o

Plans look cool.

It's Sovetskaya Gruziya (Soviet Gerogia).

Opening picture: foreshadowing or did you not mean to put "Victory over Japan" up there?

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more :)
We aim to please. We aim huge floating canons to be more precise.

Plans look cool.

It's Sovetskaya Gruziya (Soviet Gerogia).

Opening picture: foreshadowing or did you not mean to put "Victory over Japan" up there?
Thanks on the name, and poster corrected. Of course, it's no longer Navy Related, but I only have a limited number of those. :D

What unit icons are you using? They look good and i would like to use them myself
That would be the fine work of the SKIF team.

I'm glad you kept the Marat. Sometimes when I have important ships like that I convert them into museums, ships that sit in port.:D

I'm glad you kept the Marat. Sometimes when I have important ships like that I convert them into museums, ships that sit in port.:D
Couldn't send that heroic piece of metal to the scrapyard, now could I? :cool:

In fact, I might have to dig up the old Naval Records thread. I don't think I've ever seen a more successful BB1.

I just began following this and I must say good job so far. I shall be very interested to see how well you deal with the US Navy and to a lesser extent the British and Japs. Don't suppose we could get a look at the spy page, at how many ships they have, particularly the USN? Oh, and as a side note, I am glad you went the BB route, carriers are too cheap for me.

Coming soon, Spy reports and other stuffs, soon as I replay what I lost during the Win7 restore! ;)

Looking forward to the update.;)

In the last months of 1942 and early 1943, a heated debate started to take place at the top levels of the Soviet Government. The big question was: Now what?

With Germany neutralized by Soviet force and a new order established in Europe, Stalin did not want to lose momentum. However, the Father of the Peoples was not sure which side to direct that momentum.

To the East stood Japan and it's plan for a Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, which already included China, growing stronger by the day. When or where The Empire itself would move on to the next phase of the plan, that no-one could tell.

To the West were the Capitalists. Britain, France and their likely ally the United States of America. While Stalin had no doubt all these bourgeoisie governments hated the USSR, he also knew the public opinions were mostly favorable to him, still seen as a Great Liberator.

Espionage Reports helped little. They showed an anemic UK, a US with great Naval Power but little infantry, and a Japan that was strong in both areas. Worse still, the Imperial Japanese Army could count on China's support. All three powers were investing in their Armadas, and France once again eluded the Russian spies.

Based on the above, two distinct camps formed. The Army favored a "Japan First" doctrine, alarmed as it was with the potential of China. The Navy claimed that the Pacific Fleet wasn't ready for that battle, but the Atlantic and Black Sea fleets had a decent chance of defeating the British.

Strategic discussions didn't halt the work of the Red Fleet though, and Commissar Kuznetsov had managed to guarantee the continuation of naval arms building efforts at War levels. No small task, considering the massive update requests of the army.

But the Admiral knew the time of such massive buildups would likely not last, and he looked for the technological departments at his disposal for future solutions. Firstly, by going back to a weapon the USSR had lately disregarded: the submarine. Inadequate to fight massive naval battles, these stealthy killers would be ideal in any fight against colonial powers, or countries otherwise dependent on ocean supply lines.

These hopes for technological solutions for the problems posed by limited resources would not last long, however. In a decision that seemed to reveal Stalin's opinion regarding the Big Discussion, work on the Indirect Approach Doctrine and the new Naval Bomber was finished with success, but without a follow-up. The resources previously granted to the Fleet were now being used for Civil and Army projects.

Then a lid was put on the whole affair, not by Stalin directly, but by an external event. The British kicked outspoken anti-communist Churchill and elected the Labour party instead. This was taken as a sign of weakness by Stalin, and thus the discussions ended.

The most dangerous enemy had to be dealt with first. That was Japan.

THe shame of Tusashima, will finally be washed down with Japanese blood. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Make the Japanese pay!

tbh it's always my favouritest theatre. There's so much planning, especially after the easier Manchurian part of it is over...China is deadly even to the Red Army.

And the Red Navy has its work cut out for them indeed!

Machurian part being easier... D'oh! Try to win against Japan in Kaiserreich, especially if Kolchak sides with the Empire...

Nevertheless, just caught up with the AAR and must say it is still among the best things around. Still, I'm wondering how would you fare against a CV navy - in my recent vanilla game as Germany they are a pain in the back, with only a combined NAV force being capable of forcing them into close-range combat.