+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Red Star over Blue Seas - a Soviet Navy AAR

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

Hm, may I ask if Japan if fighting the Allies or not?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietAmerika View Post
    Hm, may I ask if Japan if fighting the Allies or not?
    Japan had puppeted China and remained at peace ever since.

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    Japan had puppeted China and remained at peace ever since.
    How lovely, Japan sitting on its rear end when you can use it to test your power Navy against them.

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

khm khm first picture it says something along lines Glory to the armed forces of USSR who made the victory over Japanese possible
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelIronboot View Post
    .I wonder if Soviet-influenced countries will develop their own navies and if so, do you have any plans how to shape them?
    I have no way to control them in-game really, so I won't.

P.S. Also, one of your maps has Wilhelmshafen instead of Kiel as a point of "North Sea Defence Axis", and you also missed a few swastikas in the picture with Marat.
    Thanks! Corrected now.

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    khm khm first picture it says something along lines Glory to the armed forces of USSR who made the victory over Japanese possible
    Godamit. I figured it was a victory one, didn't think it was be the Japanese.

I'll change it tomorow, can't be arsed now. But thanks anyhow!

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMajesty 2Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Plans look cool.

It's Sovetskaya Gruziya (Soviet Gerogia).

Opening picture: foreshadowing or did you not mean to put "Victory over Japan" up there?
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Hearts of Iron III

What unit icons are you using? They look good and i would like to use them myself

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more
    We aim to please. We aim huge floating canons to be more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB View Post
    Plans look cool.

It's Sovetskaya Gruziya (Soviet Gerogia).

Opening picture: foreshadowing or did you not mean to put "Victory over Japan" up there?
    Thanks on the name, and poster corrected. Of course, it's no longer Navy Related, but I only have a limited number of those.

Quote Originally Posted by I-15 View Post
    What unit icons are you using? They look good and i would like to use them myself
    That would be the fine work of the SKIF team.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

I'm glad you kept the Marat. Sometimes when I have important ships like that I convert them into museums, ships that sit in port.
    Fan of the Week: 08/02/08
    Please go HERE, and help us develop new TT's for AoD!
    Awarded a Cookie by Remble, for spotting the Austrian Interceptor Squadron.

Approved AAR's:
    China's AARight to be Hostile - A different way for the Guomindang By Porkman
    The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944 By Remble
    Red Star over Blue Seas - a Soviet Navy AAR By th3freakie
    Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War By Myth
    sAARawakian history I By guy_montag

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maj. von Mauser View Post
    I'm glad you kept the Marat. Sometimes when I have important ships like that I convert them into museums, ships that sit in port.
    Couldn't send that heroic piece of metal to the scrapyard, now could I?

In fact, I might have to dig up the old Naval Records thread. I don't think I've ever seen a more successful BB1.

A most interesting AAR. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I just began following this and I must say good job so far. I shall be very interested to see how well you deal with the US Navy and to a lesser extent the British and Japs. Don't suppose we could get a look at the spy page, at how many ships they have, particularly the USN? Oh, and as a side note, I am glad you went the BB route, carriers are too cheap for me.

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Coming soon, Spy reports and other stuffs, soon as I replay what I lost during the Win7 restore!

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Looking forward to the update.
    Fan of the Week: 08/02/08
    Please go HERE, and help us develop new TT's for AoD!
    Awarded a Cookie by Remble, for spotting the Austrian Interceptor Squadron.

Approved AAR's:
    China's AARight to be Hostile - A different way for the Guomindang By Porkman
    The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944 By Remble
    Red Star over Blue Seas - a Soviet Navy AAR By th3freakie
    Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War By Myth
    sAARawakian history I By guy_montag

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    In the last months of 1942 and early 1943, a heated debate started to take place at the top levels of the Soviet Government. The big question was: Now what?

With Germany neutralized by Soviet force and a new order established in Europe, Stalin did not want to lose momentum. However, the Father of the Peoples was not sure which side to direct that momentum.

To the East stood Japan and it's plan for a Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, which already included China, growing stronger by the day. When or where The Empire itself would move on to the next phase of the plan, that no-one could tell.

To the West were the Capitalists. Britain, France and their likely ally the United States of America. While Stalin had no doubt all these bourgeoisie governments hated the USSR, he also knew the public opinions were mostly favorable to him, still seen as a Great Liberator.

Espionage Reports helped little. They showed an anemic UK, a US with great Naval Power but little infantry, and a Japan that was strong in both areas. Worse still, the Imperial Japanese Army could count on China's support. All three powers were investing in their Armadas, and France once again eluded the Russian spies.

Based on the above, two distinct camps formed. The Army favored a "Japan First" doctrine, alarmed as it was with the potential of China. The Navy claimed that the Pacific Fleet wasn't ready for that battle, but the Atlantic and Black Sea fleets had a decent chance of defeating the British.

Strategic discussions didn't halt the work of the Red Fleet though, and Commissar Kuznetsov had managed to guarantee the continuation of naval arms building efforts at War levels. No small task, considering the massive update requests of the army.

But the Admiral knew the time of such massive buildups would likely not last, and he looked for the technological departments at his disposal for future solutions. Firstly, by going back to a weapon the USSR had lately disregarded: the submarine. Inadequate to fight massive naval battles, these stealthy killers would be ideal in any fight against colonial powers, or countries otherwise dependent on ocean supply lines.

These hopes for technological solutions for the problems posed by limited resources would not last long, however. In a decision that seemed to reveal Stalin's opinion regarding the Big Discussion, work on the Indirect Approach Doctrine and the new Naval Bomber was finished with success, but without a follow-up. The resources previously granted to the Fleet were now being used for Civil and Army projects.

Then a lid was put on the whole affair, not by Stalin directly, but by an external event. The British kicked outspoken anti-communist Churchill and elected the Labour party instead. This was taken as a sign of weakness by Stalin, and thus the discussions ended.

The most dangerous enemy had to be dealt with first. That was Japan.

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

THe shame of Tusashima, will finally be washed down with Japanese blood. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Make the Japanese pay!

tbh it's always my favouritest theatre. There's so much planning, especially after the easier Manchurian part of it is over...China is deadly even to the Red Army.

And the Red Navy has its work cut out for them indeed!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions

Machurian part being easier... D'oh! Try to win against Japan in Kaiserreich, especially if Kolchak sides with the Empire...

Nevertheless, just caught up with the AAR and must say it is still among the best things around. Still, I'm wondering how would you fare against a CV navy - in my recent vanilla game as Germany they are a pain in the back, with only a combined NAV force being capable of forcing them into close-range combat.
    Reached a verge of total defeat in Fine Feats with Finland Succession Game (And returned. Nothing really special)
    Proposed a heretic Italian State in Serpents in Lombardian Paradise Succession Game (Forget the pope - Cathedral of Pure Faith rocks!)
    The Lion's Tale - Bulgaria in World War I
    Полоцкая летопись - Tale of the descendants of Rogvolod, prince of Polotsk (finished in mid XIII century due to LoR coming out)
    Children of the Foreign Blood - Lux Invcta Arabo-Slavic campaign (ended in XIII century due to savegame crash after Steam update)
    Recieved The First Cookie for Services to Syndicalism! on March 11th, 2010, yay!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast