• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was a pretty well written battle scene with a great cliffhanger at the end. I can't wait for the next update.

@ Enewald: Hehe, I haven't officially confirmed who won or lost yet. :p Never read MechtheDane's stuff though. Is "Godwinson Ho" a leftover from his AAR? It seems to be a popular phrase. :confused:

@ east_emnet: Thanks, glad to have you along! I don't think you'll be disappointed -- regardless of who wins, this AAR will be full of battles. I don't think the next update will have one though.

Excellent start, once again I am taken aback by the quality of writing in many AAR's

@ Enewald: Yeah, I never read it. Looks like that AAR's no longer being updated for some reason though. :confused:

@ Lachlan Smith: Thanks! Though I must admit that I sometimes take a long time to post updates because I hold my writing to a high standard and don't consider it finished until I'm satisfied that it's good enough.

@ Enewald: Yeah, I never read it. Looks like that AAR's no longer being updated for some reason though. :confused:

@ Lachlan Smith: Thanks! Though I must admit that I sometimes take a long time to post updates because I hold my writing to a high standard and don't consider it finished until I'm satisfied that it's good enough.

Read MechTheDane's AAR - it's an easy and short read, and worth it.

I hear you on the second. Sometimes, I just tell myself "It's good enough" and post it so I can get to the next update. It's a way of getting past writer's block, and of learning more about yourself as a writer, I think, to just run with an idea even if you don't think it works 100%. At least, that's how I do all of my writing, and I feel like I'm batting at least .500 so far. . . anyway, looking forward to seeing William get his trousers spanked off.

MechTheDane is still hiding in the woods away from BiB and civilization. :p
No one knows when he shall return, he just said one day that he is going to cut down trees for a while. :D

@ phargle: I guess I better check it out then. And with regards to the "good enough" point in writing, well, that's the only way any of my updates ever get posted. :p

@ Jim Bob: Not bad indeed. Quite well done in fact, considering the meager budget. :D

@ Enewald: Oh, goodness. So that's why that AAR isn't being updated. Well, I think I'll change the subject now. :eek:

What did everybody think of the mood music for the Hastings update?

Still waiting patiently for the next chapter! We need to see "officially" who won that epic duel.

By the way, mood music was AMAZING! :cool:

Glad I caught this early on, a great scene! Superbly written! I await more!

The mood music was of excellent quality and well paced, like your writing.
The blood-stained axe does not bode well for William.

Wow!

Really beautiful and I like the expository obliqueness of the digressions.

Where'd you get the graphics?

Good music. But I like your Chronicles AAR more. Not that this one is bad of course. A masterpiece, no less. Just that Chronicles is an even bigger masterpiece, certainly the last updates.

Greetings, friends and readers,

Foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who read the first chapter of Æthellan, and apologize profusely for the delay in providing an update.

I had been drafting updates for both Æthellan and my other AAR, the Chronicles of the Golden Cross, to be released over the summer. Unfortunately, before I was able to finish these chapters, my main computer broke. Even worse, I currently lack the funds needed to repair it. Once it is fixed, I will be able to pick up where I left off with both of these stories. My current goal is to accomplish this within the next few months.

In the meantime, I do have something to share with you to whet your appetites. I have prepared a video trailer for Æthellan. I had intended for it to accompany my new updates, but given present circumstances, I feel inclined to release it now.

I hope you enjoy the trailer, and that in the near future you will be as excited as I am to pick up this AAR where it left off.

Best Regards,
Alexander

Good to see you're coming back AP :D

Excellent begining and trailer. When can we expect the next update though?

An excellent trailer and definitely looking forward to your much expected return :D