+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Æthellan: A Tale of Kings

Crusader Kings II

That was a pretty well written battle scene with a great cliffhanger at the end. I can't wait for the next update.
    My first CK AAR: Heirs of Charlemagne 1066- (Ongoing) Best charactAAR writer of the week: 10/1/06

"A true-devoted pilgrim is not weary
    To measure kingdoms with his feeble steps;"
    William Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona, II. vii.

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

@ Enewald: Hehe, I haven't officially confirmed who won or lost yet. Never read MechtheDane's stuff though. Is "Godwinson Ho" a leftover from his AAR? It seems to be a popular phrase.

@ east_emnet: Thanks, glad to have you along! I don't think you'll be disappointed -- regardless of who wins, this AAR will be full of battles. I don't think the next update will have one though.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPrimus View Post
    @ Enewald: Hehe, I haven't officially confirmed who won or lost yet. Never read MechtheDane's stuff though. Is "Godwinson Ho" a leftover from his AAR? It seems to be a popular phrase.
    OMG!!!!
    It's a classic!
    Epic!
    It is the best aar of the year!!!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=351088

REALLY worth reading!

Godwinesons shall never die...
    GODWINESON HO!

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Excellent start, once again I am taken aback by the quality of writing in many AAR's
    "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;/For he to-day that sheds his blood with me/Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,/This day shall gentle his condition:/And gentlemen in England now a-bed/Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,/And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks/That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day" - Shakespeare, Henry V

"Soldiers of the Fifth, you recognise me. If any man would shoot his emperor, he may do so now." - Napoleon

@ Enewald: Yeah, I never read it. Looks like that AAR's no longer being updated for some reason though.

@ Lachlan Smith: Thanks! Though I must admit that I sometimes take a long time to post updates because I hold my writing to a high standard and don't consider it finished until I'm satisfied that it's good enough.

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    @ Enewald: Yeah, I never read it. Looks like that AAR's no longer being updated for some reason though.

@ Lachlan Smith: Thanks! Though I must admit that I sometimes take a long time to post updates because I hold my writing to a high standard and don't consider it finished until I'm satisfied that it's good enough.
    Read MechTheDane's AAR - it's an easy and short read, and worth it.

I hear you on the second. Sometimes, I just tell myself "It's good enough" and post it so I can get to the next update. It's a way of getting past writer's block, and of learning more about yourself as a writer, I think, to just run with an idea even if you don't think it works 100%. At least, that's how I do all of my writing, and I feel like I'm batting at least .500 so far. . . anyway, looking forward to seeing William get his trousers spanked off.

By way of inspiration, a short film, The Last Saxon. Not bad for 3 hours and 300 quid budget
    The Keystone of Europe - A Belgian AAR, in the historical style, for Victoria 1.03c finished at 1865
    The Powderkeg of Europe - A Serbian AAR, in the historical style, for Victoria 1.03c/VIP0.4b, set aside after 1877 since when I patched it I couldn't load the save file.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

MechTheDane is still hiding in the woods away from BiB and civilization.
    No one knows when he shall return, he just said one day that he is going to cut down trees for a while.

@ phargle: I guess I better check it out then. And with regards to the "good enough" point in writing, well, that's the only way any of my updates ever get posted.

@ Jim Bob: Not bad indeed. Quite well done in fact, considering the meager budget.

@ Enewald: Oh, goodness. So that's why that AAR isn't being updated. Well, I think I'll change the subject now.

What did everybody think of the mood music for the Hastings update?

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

What did everybody think of the mood music for the Hastings update?
    Pretty damn good
    "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;/For he to-day that sheds his blood with me/Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,/This day shall gentle his condition:/And gentlemen in England now a-bed/Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,/And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks/That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day" - Shakespeare, Henry V

"Soldiers of the Fifth, you recognise me. If any man would shoot his emperor, he may do so now." - Napoleon

Crazy Reactionary crusaderknight's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Still waiting patiently for the next chapter! We need to see "officially" who won that epic duel.

By the way, mood music was AMAZING!
    ++ Member of the Christian Paradox Players Club ++
    Honorary Byzantine
    I was canonized!
    See my AARs at the Ink Well
    Active AARs:
    Fresh Blood on Ancient Soil - A Saga of the Scottish Kings of Aquitaine - NEW UPDATE: 21/02/2013
    The Morea, A Palaeologid AAR - Last update: 22/7/2011
    Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel - 4x Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds - Last update: 22/7/2011

Remembering Steve Irwin (1962 - 2006) we will miss you, Steve.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Glad I caught this early on, a great scene! Superbly written! I await more!
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

The mood music was of excellent quality and well paced, like your writing.
    The blood-stained axe does not bode well for William.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Wow!

Really beautiful and I like the expository obliqueness of the digressions.

Where'd you get the graphics?
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Good music. But I like your Chronicles AAR more. Not that this one is bad of course. A masterpiece, no less. Just that Chronicles is an even bigger masterpiece, certainly the last updates.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Greetings, friends and readers,

Foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who read the first chapter of Æthellan, and apologize profusely for the delay in providing an update.

I had been drafting updates for both Æthellan and my other AAR, the Chronicles of the Golden Cross, to be released over the summer. Unfortunately, before I was able to finish these chapters, my main computer broke. Even worse, I currently lack the funds needed to repair it. Once it is fixed, I will be able to pick up where I left off with both of these stories. My current goal is to accomplish this within the next few months.

In the meantime, I do have something to share with you to whet your appetites. I have prepared a video trailer for Æthellan. I had intended for it to accompany my new updates, but given present circumstances, I feel inclined to release it now.

I hope you enjoy the trailer, and that in the near future you will be as excited as I am to pick up this AAR where it left off.

Best Regards,
    Alexander

Nice trailer, although I'd prefer having updates.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Good to see you're coming back AP
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV

Excellent begining and trailer. When can we expect the next update though?
    "Praise be to God who ordained that he who
    speaks with pride about Al-Andalus may do
    so without fear and as boldly as he likes
    nor meet any person, who may contradict him"

Al-Shunduqi "Risala fi fadl al-Andalus"

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    An excellent trailer and definitely looking forward to your much expected return
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast