• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gotta love liberty radio. it's pure epicness.
and i just realized, my grand-mother and grand-father are under argentinian yoke, and my american aunt from oklahoma is probably in a texan labour camp now.
and what's the capitol of the US now?

Maybe america should remember who spared its life when the last of their forces were destroyed in Spain? I dont even know why Germany accepted a white peace.

Why? After so many years of war, with much of Germany's population sick of the war, the casualties, and the destruction, the population would not support a war over-seas. The logistics of such an attack, and having to deal with suppression of such a large area, make it unappetizing. The American navy, though weakened, would pose a significant risk to any naval attack on North America. This was discussed at one point in time.

@DeSota: Once the civil war is over, I shall end the AAR. I was originally planning to continue past it, but I know that will not happen. I will be hard pressed to finish it before HoI III comes out. :)

@Ccllnply: Thanks!

@OAM: Yeah, thank frigidmagi for that.

@rule_them_all: I made an event moving my capital to Chicago. Originally it was at Detroit after Washington fell. Why Detroit? I don't know. It is a nuclear wasteland. Chicago was still fully functional.

Why? After so many years of war, with much of Germany's population sick of the war, the casualties, and the destruction, the population would not support a war over-seas. The logistics of such an attack, and having to deal with suppression of such a large area, make it unappetizing. The American navy, though weakened, would pose a significant risk to any naval attack on North America. This was discussed at one point in time.

@DeSota: Once the civil war is over, I shall end the AAR. I was originally planning to continue past it, but I know that will not happen. I will be hard pressed to finish it before HoI III comes out. :)

@Ccllnply: Thanks!

@OAM: Yeah, thank frigidmagi for that.

@rule_them_all: I made an event moving my capital to Chicago. Originally it was at Detroit after Washington fell. Why Detroit? I don't know. It is a nuclear wasteland. Chicago was still fully functional.

Don't. At least play on and be the last epic HOI2 AAR after HOI3 is released.
Play on!

Don't finish this AAR just yet, Firestorm! This is going to be hard, almost impossible, but we know you can return, take over Britain and get Commander Cool back on the good side!

gotta love liberty radio. it's pure epicness.
and i just realized, my grand-mother and grand-father are under argentinian yoke, and my american aunt from oklahoma is probably in a texan labour camp now.
and what's the capitol of the US now?

Oh man, don't even remind me. My grandmother was young at the days of WWII, she still has some memories about it. Right now, she's under argentine yoke, too. Here's me hoping Brazil is freed one day by our northern yankee cousins.

Don't finish this AAR just yet, Firestorm! This is going to be hard, almost impossible, but we know you can return, take over Britain and get Commander Cool back on the good side!

[snip...]

Here's me hoping Brazil is freed one day by our northern yankee cousins.

Cool forgieted his alliegences a long time ago. He will remain an enemy till captured and executed!

As for Brazil, hopefully one day Democracy will prevail. Actually, South America would be one of my first targets for liberation. I will need new allies in victory :)

Glad to see you've found a more appropriate news source. Also, kudos to frigidmagi for that speech, truly epic stuff.

Maybe you should focus more on California, you're going to want your reactor back if you're planning to liberate the rest of the world.

{LD}Firestorm-Normaly I would agree with you, if Germany wouldnt be led by somone named Adolf Hitler, which wouldnt settle for anything less then a conditional victory, which would favour Germany (UK was at a certain point in a similar situation as was America here- Altroguh not nuked and not in a state of a civil war, Germany wanted to make a pece with them under certain conditions, like the return of German pre WW1 colonies and similar).

A second thing, since Berlin, London and other capital were destoryed in a nuclear strike, wouldnt it be better to transfer the capitals of such nations to unnuked locations?

You should continue this AAR, if Texas is defeated, even alone, even if only as a framework for how history would continue.

I say, play it through to the conclusion then do an MDS scenario for HOI3 based on what happens here. :D

Well, that' true, but Germany nevertheless could have kept the war going through strategic bombardment and perhaps setting up its South-American vassals, which still are relatively unexhausted, for an attack. Instead it offered a honourable peace agreement and spared your forces in Spain.

So the anti-German propaganda sounds a bit off, firstly because America cannot afford to anger the Nazis and secondly because it sounds as if the US propaganda apparatus is already steeling the public against resumed hostilities against Germany in the near future.

Detroit = Arsenal of Democracy
Chicago = the mob

So...did your cabinet already suffer from any mafia-related changes? :rofl:

As for Brazil, hopefully one day Democracy will prevail. Actually, South America would be one of my first targets for liberation. I will need new allies in victory

Can you even afford to go up against Argentinia? :D

A second thing, since Berlin, London and other capital were destoryed in a nuclear strike, wouldnt it be better to transfer the capitals of such nations to unnuked locations?

The Nazis planned to build a completely new capital city on the ruins of Berlin anyway. Now they don't have to worry about clearing away all the old rubble. :eek:

Well, that' true, but Germany nevertheless could have kept the war going through strategic bombardment and perhaps setting up its South-American vassals, which still are relatively unexhausted, for an attack. Instead it offered a honourable peace agreement and spared your forces in Spain.

Keep in mind I'm coming at this from a real world view not the game engines.

Well let's consider the Nazi's problems here.

A: Germany proper is in ruins. Vast swaths of it have been nuked or subjected to mass conventional land and air battle no less then at least 3 times, in most places considering the counterattacks and such it's closer to 6. Bluntly put the most realistic modeling suggests that nearly 30% of the German civilian population is dead at least. That folks is what we call a demographic disaster!

B: The remaining Germans need to 1: Rebuild Germany proper 2:Fully subjugate and colonize Eastern Europe 3: Keep Western Europe down. 4: Find a way to keep the British Isles from suffering total collapse. 5 Maintain enough of an army that the Soviets don't come back looking to regain Russia West of Urals. If you think the Commies won't come running at the slightest scent of weakness... Well, you're likely the HOI II AI. ;)

C: While there are alot more dead Euros in this timeline, most of the living ones, like the French, Spainards, Poles, Romanians, Greeks, Russians and etc... Aren't fond of Germans, or the new Nazi Empire (well there's alot more dead everyone... Folks most of our grandparents likely didn't make it. Frankly I doubt any of us would be born in this world).

Germany at this point needs tractors and houses not bombers. Screw it, every objective and aim has been achieved. It's time to see if anything can be salvaged from the rubble that was once Berlin.

Germany needs all it's industry and manpower to cement it's control over Europe and rebuild Germany. Could it continue it's war on America? Sure. But why bother? America is in 4 different fucking pieces right now and most of the Americans are intent on killing each other! Getting involved might stir up enough anger (them damn pesky furrers are over here! How dare they!?!) to reunify them. If the Americans are intent on rendering their own nation into so much scrap, then best to leave them to it and wish them a long drawn out slug fest.

Also... Well bluntly why would Argentinians really want to be the main platform of the war? The damn Yankees still have fucking nukes! Did you see what they did to Munich? Fuck that noise man.

They have fulfilled every historical aim and then some. Hell they rule South America outright and unless the Americans build up like ants, they're gonna be the dominant nation of the new world for decades... Why risk it for Germany?

Also if I was in the Birddog seat of Germany it wouldn't be America at the top of my big bad list... It would be the damn Commies! You know? The ones overrunning Asia as we speak? The ones who we kinda stole thousands of square miles from? Killing millions of them in the process? The ones we won't be able to defend ourselves form if most of the Germany military is invested on waging war on a foe on the other side of the planet, instead of just letting that said foe quietly kick itself senseless.

The peace that Germany granted was the most cost effective way to achieve all it's aims. Going for the Total Kill while granting a sense of completion is more likely to lead to the problem of overreach and brings to much risk for to little profit. There's a point where you just take your winnings and leave the table.

As for why the anti-German spin in the radio? Think about it and if you still can't see it, I'll explain next post.

Instead it offered a honourable peace agreement and spared your forces in Spain.

Can you even afford to go up against Argentinia? :D

1) Uh, spared what? It was destroyed, then peace was signed. I evacuated..uh..7 divisions and lost about 200. I still don't know my total losses.

2) Not yet I cannot.

Delex said:

Good idea, I never thought of that. Suggestions for Britain, Russia, and Germany?

Ciryandor said:
You should continue this AAR, if Texas is defeated, even alone, even if only as a framework for how history would continue.

I will probably continue it till the end of the civil war, maybe a bit past.

edit: Frigidmagi has a lot of good points there, and answers alot too.

Nuremburg has good symbolism for the nazis, and I believe it is unnuked?
For Russia, Novisibirisk is their chief city at this point, unless I am mistaken.
With Britain I have less of an idea. Was Edinburgh nuked? The Scots seem to have gotten off lighter, and they might be the nucleus of the government now therefore.

Hamburg would be a good location for the Germans as it is a nice compact area surrounded by a circle of provinces. Britain? God knows how people are still conscripted form that wasteland

My point is that USA should a bit, how to say STFU about antinazi propaganda (No offense), because it cant afford such. Even if Germany was in a bad situation, it was nothing compared to what USA was in (Since germany didnt suffer from a civil war and all the things like colonization, rebuilding, were done by germany even in the real life alltroguh there was war). Germany didnt even have to accept peace to have the situation it is currently in, since america was nowhere near of having the capatibilities to hurt Germany, while the Germans do. The whole thing whould be an ongoing phoney war, where usa would collapse, while germany would have all the time of the world to get ready to invade USA. Germany could easily demand the same things as they were demanded for Germany post WW1 (War reperations, disbanding the army navy, giving up colonies, naval bases ETC...).

{LD}Firestorm-The new capital should fullfill following conditions:
-Was never nuked
-Is a major city
-If it has urban terrain, it has priority over other cities
-The province must be a core of the nation

A: Germany proper is in ruins. Vast swaths of it have been nuked or subjected to mass conventional land and air battle no less then at least 3 times, in most places considering the counterattacks and such it's closer to 6. Bluntly put the most realistic modeling suggests that nearly 30% of the German civilian population is dead at least. That folks is what we call a demographic disaster!

I think it's been stated earlier, but much of the German civilian population would have been evacuated east from the allied advance into Europe - it was quite slow through all those fortifications. Ok, no evacuation from the nukes, but losses would have been lower.

On this note, what's happening with the New Order in Europe maps? Its been pages since we discussed new borders.